• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Have you ever had a Pokémon that saved your E4 run?

Re: Have you ever had a Pokémon that saved your E4 run?

In SoulSilver the only reason I beat Lance and his dick of a Dragonite was because I replaced Kenya the Fearow with a Skarmory. Had to constantly heal and stall him out of Outrage, and keep Lapras alive as a backup.

And then he ran out of Outrage, and Lapras swept everyone. So, Skarmory/Lapras combo kills Lance even when you're really underleveled.

Vaporeon is, like, invincible. It's typically my ace card in most games.

Quagsire. All the way.

Umbreon saved me with Dragonite, I used Curse to stall Lance and Payback. Dragonite helped me as well.

I remember in Sapphire I was against Steven's last pokemon, Metagross and I only had my Swampert left. With no PP in any of his moves. So after hours of healing on both sides I finally won with a critical hit. Cue fanfare and much rejoicing.

Not that I can remember, but Misty(my Togetic) was my saving grace against Morty.
I will never ridicule the Togepi line again. Go Metronome.

Mmmm Misa-chan the desukaan ♥ Delicious delicious Mummy, Will o Wisp, and Rest.

My trusty Umbreon defeated Lance's last three Pokemon in Crystal with only Bite and Sand Attack. That was the most nerve wracking battle I ever had.

My Kyogre learnt Sheer Cold partway through my Sapphire E4 run, take about one hundred. I didn't really look at it. So, I get to Steven and the one thing that's been stopping my victory: CRADILY. I tried using Sheer Cold out of curiosity. IT HIT. Saved the whole run because I had no trouble with ANY of his mons save Cradily.

Bonus: I later looked at Sheer Cold to see why it kept missing after that. WHAT DO YOU MEAN, IT HAS NEXT TO NO ACCURACY?

My Kyogre learnt Sheer Cold partway through my Sapphire E4 run, take about one hundred. I didn't really look at it. So, I get to Steven and the one thing that's been stopping my victory: CRADILY. I tried using Sheer Cold out of curiosity. IT HIT. Saved the whole run because I had no trouble with ANY of his mons save Cradily.

Bonus: I later looked at Sheer Cold to see why it kept missing after that. WHAT DO YOU MEAN, IT HAS NEXT TO NO ACCURACY?

OHKO moves have 30% accuracy if you're the same level, 0% if you're lower, and +30% if you're higher. I.e. the higher your level in comparison to the opposing Pokémon, the higher the accuracy.

OHKO moves have 30% accuracy if you're the same level, 0% if you're lower, and +30% if you're higher. I.e. the higher your level in comparison to the opposing Pokémon, the higher the accuracy.

Ooh, I didn't know that! Explains why it hit - I was a level higher then his Cradily.

Y'all ain't nothing. I once had six Pokémon that saved my E4 run.

w h a t
I had no idea this was a thing that's amazing

but yeah as far ask E4 league runs go, lugia has basically always been a huge help. lapras or vaporeon are also awesome.

>-> A Scyther egg that hatched with quick attack...

My Swampert and Kyogre (well duh Kyogre) saved my Sapphire E4 runs every time i played the E4.

In my latest FireRed playthrough, I decided to use Pokemon that I never really used before, meaning I had ones like PARASECT on my team along with a few heavy hitters. Any way, I was having a hard time, but still won due to the efforts of two of my Pokemon, Asura the Primeape and Vaermina the Hypno. Asura wiped the floor with Lorelei, Vaermina was able to murder Bruno AND Agatha (Thank god all of her Pokemon share a Poison typing despite being a ghost trainer), and their combined efforts demolished Lance what with Asura knowing Rock Tomb and Vaermina's insane special defense. Even when my others fell to Gary/Blue/whathaveyou, these two still got the victory for us. I've since moved them all the way to Black, and have renamed them Badass and Badass2.

I've run through the games so many times I've forgotten most of them, but there are usually one or two each time that save my ass more than once in the E4. Jolteon is a popular one, whatever my Water type is is also a huge help, because it usually has Ice moves as well--I think my last Hoenn run had Castform, which was incredible for some reason. But then, I've also had this happen with a Volbeat.

I feel like Marowak is similarly a godsend but I can't think of why.

since crobat was fast and level 50's, i beat elite 4 in silver with fly. Clutch.

I usually just plow through the e4 with my most powerful members. If they can't do it in one or two tries, I restart.

The only reason I beat Lance in a HeartGold Nuzlocke run I did a while back is because of my Starmie that knew Ice Beam. My Arcanine also seriously saved me from Karen's Nasty Plot Houndoom after it flinch haxed my Ampharos into oblivion.

Back
Top Bottom