• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Rap Music

I said 'typical'. nearly every single rap song I have heard in my past few years has been something along those rather boring lines. I never said 'every rap song is like this'.

I remember when I being driven to a school event, the kid who was driving me kept playing rap music. *shudder* Of course, it was the bad stuff (I haven't heard the 'good' stuff, but I'm sure it's not utter crap). It was pretty much like this: (Letters stand swears)

f, f, f, f, f, motherf, motherf, f, f, f, motherf, etc.

I said 'typical'. nearly every single rap song I have heard in my past few years has been something along those rather boring lines. I never said 'every rap song is like this'.

so why didn't you state that in the post instead of making yourself look like an ass?

There are a few that have some credibility, such as Aesop Rock, and, a bit more popular, Flobots - however, most popular rap is a guy singing about his various sexual conquests and bragging about his manhood.

Snoop-a-loop is my idol.

Rap isn't typically bad, if it comes on I don't (usually) change it. However if it just feels like its dragging on and the lyrics and rhythm aren't actually going anywhere, then I dislike the particular song.

Also I don't really like the culture that seems to swarm around this particular genre, but that doesn't make it bad music, does it?

Back
Top Bottom