• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Realistic Pokémafia II [Game]

Superbird

Fire emblem is great
Realistic Pokémafia II [Game]

The population of the Pokémon Village was dwindling. Once a safe haven for the pokémon who had escaped from their trainers, it was now a place of terror. Almost every night, it seemed, another pokémon was attacked in the depths of the night, and if they didn't die they left the next day to find a safer place.

Fourteen pokémon remained. They knew that the culprits of this systematic killing were there somewhere among them, but who they were remained a mystery. After a group meeting one day, they decided that they would work together to purge the village of these evil pokémon and make the Pokémon Village a safe haven again.

A refresher on the rules of the game:
  • Night actions are mandatory. Failure to submit them to the GM will result in them being randomized with extreme prejudice. After several days' inactivity, you will be considered to have died from boredom/inactivity.
  • Out-of-thread communication is prohibited unless otherwise specified in your role PM.
  • All moves are single-target, unless specified otherwise or unless they are obviously self-targeting.
  • The town may not choose to consecutively abstain from lynching.
  • If a lynch is mandatory on a given day and no votes have been cast, the lynchee will be randomized. If a lynch is not mandatory and no votes have been cast, an abstention will be assumed. Otherwise, the player with the most votes will be lynched. In case of a tie, the last player to die will decide who is lynched, of those who are tied.
  • The Mafia will win when they eliminate all the Innocents. the Innocents will win when there are no more living Mafia.

It is the dusk of Night 0. You have 72 hours for night actions.

Re: Realistic Pokémafia II [Game]

The night passed relatively quietly, with few pokémon causing disturbances. One, perhaps, was heard, but in the morning it seemed only a faint memory to those who had been awake at the time. Miraculously, everyone met at the village clearing exactly fifteen minutes after daybreak -- no one was late, and no one was dead. And thus, the discussion commenced.

It is the dawn of day 1. You have 48 hours for discussion.

Awesome!

Nothing to fear, I think - kills are probably a lot harder to come by for the mafia, since they have to guess and judge on pokemon hints, and some have better defenses than others.

Though I personally have nothing to report.

I'm safe and sound and carrying no useful information.

Also, wondering about how the more obvious target players are faring.

I do have some info, but I don't know how useful it is.

Also, I took no damage.

I do have some info, but I don't know how useful it is.

Also, I took no damage.

Since you mentioned it already, might as well, unless you think it's somehow more dangerous than keeping shut?

No damage here, either.

Depends, the info itself doesn't seem to indicate mafia, but the move I used would make me a target.

I took damage, which is odd, considering I used a move that should have made me immune to damage for the night. I'm guessing someone has an attack that can break through protections? Perhaps it's the mafia?

Depends, the info itself doesn't seem to indicate mafia, but the move I used would make me a target.
Then you could mention just the information and not the move you used to get it, I guess?

I mean, so far as I can tell it doesn't change the information itself aside from maybe lending it more credence.

I took damage, which is odd, considering I used a move that should have made me immune to damage for the night. I'm guessing someone has an attack that can break through protections? Perhaps it's the mafia?
Hmmm. On one hand I can think of a couple of reasons why that could be, but on the other speculating about gaps in your self-protection openly while somebody is probably trying to kill you doesn't sound like a brillant idea.

I'm almost certain it's not to do with my self-protection, but rather to do with the nature of the attack that hit me. Thankfully, I didn't take much damage and I'm in rather good shape.

Well, I can use a move that reveals who someone targets, and Flora targeted herself.

I'm almost certain it's not to do with my self-protection, but rather to do with the nature of the attack that hit me. Thankfully, I didn't take much damage and I'm in rather good shape.
Feint, maybe?

I have self-protecting attacks too, so maybe MF included a mafia attack to bypass them?

First things first.

1. blazheirio889: Drifblim
2. Metallica Fanboy: Hawlucha
3. I liek Squirtles: Xatu
4. Butterfree: Butterfree
5. Alligates: Tyrantrum
6. DarkAura: Medicham
7. hopeandjoy: Espeon
8. Mai: Musharna
9. 1. Luftballon: Accelgor
10. Tailsy: Meowstic (presumably female?)
11. Majora: Ampharos
12. Vanilla Mongoose: Flygon
13. Flora: Feraligatr
14. Phantom: Typhlosion

I also have some information of dubious importance: last night I used Charm on 1. Luftballon and the move failed, which means either I was roleblocked or 1. Luftballon is mafia.

The Pokemon were randomized, so that list isn't exactly accurate. I mean I can definitely say I'm not Drifblim.

What does Charm do?

And it's probably the case that mafia members can bypass protecting thingies (or maybe even OHKO). The day flavour text seems to indicate that only one damaging attack went through though? And since no-one else is reporting that they took damage, I suppose it was me who took the blow. And I don't see why the mafia wouldn't attack. So I'm somewhat convinced that mafia attack(s) can bypass protection.

I have self-protecting attacks too, so maybe MF included a mafia attack to bypass them?
Well, first things first, I should let you all know I've also included an attack that allows me to win the game instantly. As in, me exclusively, you all lose. I'm just being sporting so far because I'm also 100% deathproof. Seriosuly my max HP is just an infinity symbol.

Hmmm. I'm not Meowstic, so I'm pretty sure the Pokémon roles were shuffled.

I didn't take any damage last night, aaaand I don't have any information. What does Charm do, though, Alligates?

WHOOPS lots of posts while I was pondering 8|

Back
Top Bottom