• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gen VI Pokéchoice Mafia - Game Thread

Re: Gen VI Pokéchoice Mafia - Game Thread

Right, since I'd been right about two mafia members I figured I might as well take a shot at ending this by killing the third person I suspected. Apparently I was wrong and it's blazheirio889, but I doubt we're likely to change anybody's mind at this point.

The intense events had tired all out, and each had their own very different suspicions to air, and so no consensus seemed to arrive. At some point or another, however, Negrek and blazheirio889 begrudgingly agreed to get rid of Tailsy, and that was all it took for the scene to change. Tailsy could not withstand the vicious attacks of the two gargantuans, who dwarfed her by many orders of magnitude, and was thorougly crushed, corporeally and otherwise.

With her dying breath-or-what-have-you, Tailsy cackled incessantly and eerily... As her soul departed, so did Butterfree's spirit seem to leave her own body, before she could avenge the perceivedly unjust killing.

Although the two phantoms astonished the now few survivors for some moments, they could not mantain their presence in the physical world and vanished posthaste.

Mai, blazheirio889 and Negrek, filled with newfound trust, roamed away towards the sunset and into the future...... Which means they got the hell away from that completely barren wasteland and confirmed their path towards lush and lively Hoenn. They'll arrive sometime in November.

-----

Tailsy, the Pumpkaboo, is dead. She was Halloween.

Butterfree, the Mega Charizard X, is dead. She was Halloween.

Town wins!

As before, the mysteries of this game will be revealed in a jiffy. Just to satisfy any superficial curiosities, however, here follows a list of the players' alignments, assigned Pokémon, and power names.

=MAFIA
-Vanilla Mongoose: Zygarde - LAND'S WRATH and GLARE
-Zexion: Vivillon - POISON POWDER and RAGE POWDER
-Eifie: Mega Houndoom - INFERNO and HOWL

=INNOCENTS
-Mai: Mega Mawile - HUGE POWER and STOCKPILE
-Light: Aegislash - KING'S SHIELD and SACRED SWORD
-Superbird: Aromatisse - AROMATHERAPY
-I Liek Squirtles: Litleo - WORK UP and NOBLE ROAR
-blazheirio889: Aurorus - NATURE POWER
-Alligates: Mega Kangaskhan - TRUMP CARD (AROMATHERAPY) and PARENTAL BOND
-Majora: Noivern - FRISK
-Wargle: Heliolisk - PARABOLIC CHARGE and SAND VEIL
-Negrek: Chesnaught - BULLETPROOF and CLOSE COMBAT
-Worst Username Ever: Klefki/Mega Gengar - MAGICIAN/SPITE/SHADOW SNEAK and FAIRY LOCK/SHADOW TAG

=HALLOWEEN
-Tailsy: Pumpkaboo - TRICK-OR-TREAT and INSOMNIA
-Butterfree (converted): Mega Charizard X - TOUGH CLAWS

And also, since typing up full mystery release posts takes too long, here's first a post with the simplified role listings, as well as the two questions most people are probably wanting to know now.

Q: What the hell was that N0 massacre???
A: Somewhat broken combination of mafia powers that I failed to fully anticipate because that's what I get for wrapping up the setup at 4 AM. Although, of course, it also backfired on them. The funniest part might have been that everyone non-mafia thought that this was fully intentional on my part.

Q: Halloween????
A: It's a cult alignment, basically. Not every scum is mafia! Remember Homestuck Mafia 4? Although the non-mafia scum on that one ended up being a whole lot less enigmatic.

Vanilla Mongoose was Zygarde, ninja (can nightkill without the action being detected by inforoles) and one-shot mass delayer (causes all night actions to take place in the next night instead).
Zexion was Vivillon, with something of a dual experimental role. I don't remember the proper term for his nightkill power, but it also kills everyone who targets the victim (which, in retrospect, was way broken; there's a reason why this is usually handled as only killing whoever targets the target, and not the target themself), as well as a whole-new one-shot power that enabled him to meddle with all information gathering in one night however he wills. That could have been so hilarious.
Eifie was Mega Houndoom, strongman and one-shot mass captain (we've all seen what that was about).

Mai was Mega Mawile, periodic self-reviver and vengeful cop, a kind of experimental variant on vengeful vigilantes/hunters.
Light was Aegislash, mentor (it's kind of complex).
Superbird was Aromatisse, healer with an array of possible flaws, each one to be used once.
ILS was Litleo, seraph (healer who can only target one same player every night) and loudmouth (which is what has been referred to as "town crier").
blazheirio889 was Aurorus, oracle.
Alligates was Mega Kangaskhan, universal backup and doublevoter.
Majora was Noivern, who could act as a tracker, a follower, a watcher or a voyeur.
Wargle was Heliolisk, on even nights an experimental role that relays a player's system messages to another player (I'm thinking of calling it "newspaper delivery", and also, while I didn't go with that in this game, also thinking of making the delivered report a little more informative than just system messages), and on odd nights a limited dreamer.
Negrek was Chesnaught, one-shot bulletproof and one-shot gladiator (aka the role that does the thing).
Worst Username Ever could have been Klefki or Mega Gengar and didn't send me which one in the end, and was a compulsory vote thief and one-shot party host.

Tailsy was Pumpkaboo, cult leader with a whole lot of twists. Players in her alignment were healed by nightkills and killed by healing, and also, the recruitment process entailed killing the mark and then causing them to use a self-reviving action on themselves -- a process with lots of ways to go wrong, naturally. Also, they couldn't recruit mafia, and they couldn't expand the faction beyond the number of living mafiosi plus one unless all mafiosi were dead (as they eventually were, but fat good that did in the end).
Butterfree was Mega Charizard X, three-shot jailer.

Reactions: Mai

I'm highly disappointed that Zexion didn't use that information muddling role. That would have been great. Except two of the three info roles (including Wargle) were killed on the first night. :P

Also yeahhh that captain + Poison Powder, I'm assuming, was a whole other kind of mafia nuke. The second day was one of the most nailbite-inducing days I've seen (if not /the/ most). Almost surprised we managed to pull through!

This was among the best mafia games I've spectated/played. I know I've told you before but you're a great GM and the roles are fun and I can't wait for you to host another game :D

I'm highly disappointed that Zexion didn't use that information muddling role. That would have been great. Except two of the three info roles (including Wargle) were killed on the first night. :P[/spoiler]He would have but then you people brutally thinged him.

In any case, fully detailed reveals up ahead.

You are MEGA MAWILE, and you are Innocent.

294nfw5.png

The following are your powers:
HUGE POWER: Doubling up on heads definitely gives you some very interesting possibilities -- each time you are killed, you will be able to revive yourself at the beginning of a later Day phase. The number of times you have been killed minus 1 determines the amount of Day/Night cycles that must pass before you can revive (for example, the first time you are killed, 0 Day/Night cycles must pass, and thus you will revive immediately at the beginning of the Day phase after your death).
STOCKPILE: Each night, you can target a player. If you are lynched, you can choose one of the players you have targeted previously with this effect and cause their alignment to be revealed publically. Anytime you are killed and/or activate this effect, the list of players you have targeted with it is reset.
You are AEGISLASH, and you are Innocent.

2h5378y.png

KING'S SHIELD: Each night, you can follow your natural instinct to recognize the greatness of others and seek out a Heir. Any player you choose to target with this ability will become your Heir, but you can only have one Heir at a time, and a player will only cease to be your Heir if they die. If you yourself die, your Heir will despair and commit suicide themselves.
SACRED SWORD: As long as you have a Heir, you and your Heir share an optional kill -- one of you can target and kill a player at each night. Moreover, you can use this power to kill your own Heir if you so will; however, your Heir can never use this power against you.
You are AROMATISSE, and you are Innocent.

2ewikog.png

The following is your power:
AROMATHERAPY: Each night, you can target a player to envelop them in a healing aroma, enabling them to survive an attempt against their lives. However, all of your fragances are a little too strong for anyone's tastes, and as such, each time you heal, you must choose and apply one of these effects as well:
-The targeted player is prevented from carrying out night actions.
-Any other players who target the player you target are killed.
-The targeted player is killed unless an actual attempt against their lives is made and foiled by your action.
-There's only a 50% chance that your protection will apply successfully.
-Target a second player; both players you have targeted are protected, but if one of them is actually attacked, the other one dies.
Once you have applied one of these effects, you cannot apply it again unless you apply all others before doing so.
You are LITLEO, and you are Innocent.

v6hjxh.png

WORK UP: Each night, you can target a player and rouse them from their injuries through sheer encouragement, allowing them to survive an attempt against their lives. Beware, however -- you're not yet all that smart enough to have enough good things to say to everyone out there, so once you target a player with this power, you can only target that specific player with this power for the rest of this game's duration.
NOBLE ROAR: You're young and prone to screaming for your elders' attention if you feel that you're in trouble. As such, if any players target you during the night, that will be announced for all of the Town to hear by the time the next Day rolls in.
You are PUMPKABOO, and you are Halloween-aligned.

f292cw.png

Players of the Halloween alignment win when every player in the game is dead. A player of Halloween alignment will be healed by attempts to kill at night and conversely killed by protective efforts. A lynched player of Halloween alignment will still die as normal. All players of Halloween alignment may communicate privately about this game.

TRICK-OR-TREAT: Each night, you can target and kill a player. If you are successful, at the end of the night, that player will target themselves with a self-reviving action and become rechristened as a player of Halloween alignment. These events will not be announced publically unless they occour in such a way that they ordinarily would be (eg if you kill a player and they cannot revive, they will be announced as dead the following Day just as if they were nightkilled ordinarily). If you attempt to use this power while the Halloween faction has an amount of players in it equal to the amount of living players in the Mafia faction plus one, it will fail to go through at all unless the amount of living players in the Mafia faction is equal to zero. Additionally, some players cannot altogether be affected by this action.
INSOMNIA: If you are killed, all players of the Halloween faction will at once be killed as well.
You are AURORUS, and you are Innocent.

jr6wqp.png

NATURE POWER: Each night, you can ask the game host (ie myself) a yes or no question about the game's setup that does not directly reveal any players' alignment.
You are ZYGARDE, and you are Mafia because you're so done these ecosystem wrecking numbnuts.

2qj9jc3.png

LAND'S WRATH: Unlike most natural predators out there, you can make the ground your bidding no matter how close or far, often to lethal extents. As such, if you carry out the Mafia's factional kill, no role powers may successfully investigate the action -- it would seem perfectly akin to a natural disaster rather than a deliberate movement.
GLARE: Once and only once in the game, during a night when you are not carrying out the factional kill, you can activate this power to throw off the rhythm of all players and make all of their actions resolve only much later than they ordinarily would. When you use this power, all night actions that would take place in this Night will instead take place during the next Night, alongside any actions that are carried out on that Night. This power will always go through successfully when it's used.

Your associates are Vivillon (Zexion) and Mega Houndoom (Eifie), and you may communicate privately with them about this game.
You are MEGA KANGASKHAN, and you are Innocent.

34rykgp.png

TRUMP CARD: You may be raising your adorable little child to become whatever they want to become, but in this economic climate, you may find yourself obliged to force them into a desirable-looking profession. At the beginning of the game, you must set a number between 1 and 14; when the death in the game corresponding to the number you've chosen occours, you will inherit any powers (applicable to your innocent alignment) off whoever dies that specific death. For example, if you choose 1, then you will inherit the powers of the first player to die, and so on forth.
PARENTAL BOND: Junior there might not be of entirely legal voting age, but regardless, whenever you cast a vote during the day pool, it will count as two votes.
You are VIVILLON, and you are Mafia.

9lfsp0.png

POISON POWDER: If you carry out the Mafia's factional kill, you will go about it by enshrouding your target in a choking cloud of toxic spores that will surely hang around their location throughout the night -- and as such, any players who target your victim will be killed as well.
RAGE POWDER: Once and only once in the game, during a night when you are not carrying out the factional kill, you can activate this power to all at once render the Town berserk and open to suggestion. When you activate this power, you can send me an alignment, a night action occoruing this night, a system message, and a yes-or-no answer; any information-gathering roles acting during this Night will receive the information that you send me instead of any that they would ordinarily receive. You can either try to falsify your own entirely possible results, or just slather something entirely silly all across the board to throw off the players, and you can even ask me to default to how something would display ordinarily (eg you could ask for the system message block to simply display no messages in the exact same way as I would write a no message display) -- and of course, feel entirely free to change up which of these possibilities you will apply to each information group. Note also that not all of these information groups are necessarily acessible to any players in the game, so they're not indicative of the setup. This power will always go through successfully when it's used.

Your associates are Zygarde (Vanilla Mongoose) and Mega Houndoom (Eifie), and you may communicate privately with them about this game.

You are NOIVERN, and you are Innocent.

2w4mjvb.png

FRISK: Each night, you may target a player and choose one of the following listed below to find out about them:
-Who, if anyone, they have targeted;
-What kind of powers, if any, they have used;
-Who, if anoyne, has targeted them;
-What kind of powers, if any, they have been targeted with.
You may only choose one of these things to find out in a given night, and you cannot obtain the same type of information on consecutive nights (although all options are otherwise available; if you have gleaned a certain kind of information and then another, you can again investigate for the first kind, and then you can use the latter one in the night after as well).

Note that if FRISK informs of you the nature of an action, it will be categorized as one of these descriptors:
-KILLING ACTION - Any action that can directly cause the death of one or more players.
-INFORMATIVE ACTION - Any action that causes a player to receive information about the game directly from the game host (ie me).
-HEALING ACTION - Any action that can directly prevent or revert the death of one or more players as its purely intended effect.
-DISRUPTIVE ACTION - Any action that can prevent another action from being carried out as its performer intended, or at all.
-SUPPORT ACTION - Any action that grants one or more players an additional power.
-RECRUITING ACTION - Any action that establishes private communication between the players involved and may or may not entail an alignment change from any of them.
-POLL ACTION - Any action that affects the day poll.
-OTHER - Any action that cannot be categorized as any of the ones above.
Some actions may fit into multiple categories.
You are MEGA GARCHOMP, and you are Innocent.

rr116o.png

DIG: Each night, you may hide underground near a player and choose one of the following listed below to find out about them:
-Who, if anyone, they have targeted;
-What kind of powers, if any, they have used;
-Who, if anoyne, has targeted them;
-What kind of powers, if any, they have been targeted with.
You may only choose one of these things to find out in a given night, and you cannot obtain the same type of information on consecutive nights (although all options are otherwise available; if you have gleaned a certain kind of information and then another, you can again investigate for the first kind, and then you can use the latter one in the night after as well).

Note that if DIG informs of you the nature of an action, it will be categorized as one of these descriptors:
-KILLING ACTION - Any action that can directly cause the death of one or more players.
-INFORMATIVE ACTION - Any action that causes a player to receive information about the game directly from the game host (ie me).
-HEALING ACTION - Any action that can directly prevent or revert the death of one or more players as its purely intended effect.
-DISRUPTIVE ACTION - Any action that can prevent another action from being carried out as its performer intended, or at all.
-SUPPORT ACTION - Any action that grants one or more players an additional power.
-RECRUITING ACTION - Any action that establishes private communication between the players involved and may or may not entail an alignment change from any of them.

You are MEGA CHARIZARD X, and you are Innocent.

2hqchky.png

TOUGH CLAWS: Each Night, you can target a player and whisk them away from the action, preventing both anybody from targeting that player with night actions and that player from performing night actions themselves. During that same night, you and that player can exchange anonymous messages with each other (by sending them through me) and, if you so will, you may opt to kill the player. Note, however, that you can only use this power a total of three times in the game. For any relevant intents and purposes, this is also counted as a healing action.

You are MEGA HOUNDOOM, and you are Mafia.

4hs7bp.png

INFERNO: The flames you spew burn away at their target forever, even if they appear to be extinguished. As such, if you carry out the night kill, no role powers can stop the kill from going through -- the wounds you inflict are perfectly incurable.
HOWL: Once and only once in the game, when you are not carrying out the factional kill, you can activate this power to commandeer everyone through your extremely intimidating appearance and your loud cries. When you activate this power, you can designate a target for each an every one of the non-Mafia living players. At that point, any players with a night action will, during this Night, be able only to choose between obeying your designation or not using their powers at all. Note that you can choose any targets freely as long as they are living players -- you can even set more than one player against a same target, and you can set players against themselves as well. This action will always go through successfully when it's used.

Your associates are Zygarde (Vanilla Mongoose) and Vivillon (Zexion), and you may communicate privately with them about this game.

You are HELIOLISK, and you are Innocent.

2zi8q2u.png

PARABOLIC CHARGE: During each even-numbered Night, you may target two players. The first player you target will receive parabolic signals from you, which you will be capturing from the second player. As such, your first target will be relayed any system messages that your second target receives.
SAND VEIL: During each odd-numbered Night, if you are not targeted by any night actions, a randomly chosen action from this Night will be relayed to you, and you learn of one of these details about it, as also randomly chosen: whether a certain player carried out an action, whether a certain player was targeted by an action, the nature of the action, or both the performer and the target of the action.

Note that if SAND VEIL informs of you the nature of an action, it will be categorized as one of these descriptors:

You are CHESNAUGHT, and you are Innocent.

xgchvb.png

BULLETPROOF: Your thick hide naturally prevents one (and only one) attempt against your life during Nighttime from connecting successfully.
CLOSE COMBAT: Once and only once in the game, during daytime, you can send me a PM to designate a target and activate this power. When you do, the daypoll will be completely altered in the following way: Only you and your target may post messages, and only the other players can cast votes (and they can only cast votes through a designated command, and not say anything else); additionally, only you and your target can be voted against while this power is in effect. Note that the time counter for the Day phase will be reset when this power activates.

(so Chesnaught can't actually learn Close Combat, but bear with me here)

You are KLEFKI, and you are Innocent.

2uhl1cm.png

MAGICIAN: During each Night, you must target a player. You steal that player's vote during the next Day phase -- your vote also counts as theirs, and their vote doesn't count.
FAIRY LOCK: Once and only once in the game, you can activate this power by sending a PM during the Day phase. In the next Night phase, all living players will be forced to participate in a little party you're throwing -- everyone will be able to post in the game thread, and no one will be able to communicate privately about this game.

You are MEGA GENGAR, and you are Innocent.

124k9ix.png

SPITE/SHADOW SNEAK: During each Night, you must target a player. You steal that player's vote during the next Day phase -- your vote also counts as theirs, and their vote doesn't count.
SHADOW TAG: Once and only once in the game, you can activate this power by sending a PM during the Day phase. In the next Night phase, all living players will be forced to participate in a little party you're throwing -- everyone will be able to post in the game thread, and no one will be able to communicate privately about this game.
[/hide]

Alligates (Mega Kangaskhan) sets TRUMP CARD to the 1st death.
Eifie (Mega Houndoom) uses HOWL and gives the following commands: All non-mafia players must target Butterfree.
Butterfree (Mega Charizard X) could not use TOUGH CLAWS.
Superbird (Aromatisse) uses AROMATHERAPY #4 on Butterfree (Mega Charizard X). It heals successfully.
I Liek Squirtles (Litleo) does not use WORK UP.
Zexion uses POISON POWDER to kill Butterfree (Mega Charizard X). Butterfree (Mega Charizard X) survives due to Aromatherapy. Superbird (Aromatisse) and Eifie (Mega Houndoom) die from targeting Butterfree.
Alligates (Mega Kangaskhan)'s TRUMP CARD activates, enabling them to inherit Superbird (Aromatisse)'s role powers.
Tailsy (Pumpkaboo) uses TRICK-OR-TREAT to kill Butterfree (Mega Charizard X). POISON POWDER heals Tailsy.
Light (Aegislash) uses KING'S SHIELD to make Butterfree (Mega Charizard X) his Heir. POISON POWDER kills Light.
Butterfree (Mega Charizard X) revives herself through TRICK-OR-TREAT's effect.
Worst Username Ever (Klefki/Mega Gengar) uses MAGICIAN/SPITE/SHADOW SNEAK to steal Butterfree (Mega Charizard X)'s vote. POISON POWDER kills Worst Username Ever.
Mai (Mega Mawile) uses STOCKPILE on Butterfree (Mega Charizard X). POISON POWDER kills Mai.
Majora (Noivern) uses FRISK on Butterfree (Mega Charizard X) to follow them. The result is: Butterfree (Mega Charizard X) took no actions this night. POISON POWDER kills Majora.
blazheirio889 (Aurorus) activates NATURE POWER and asks: "Is there at least one doctor in this game?". The answer is: "Yes".
Wargle (Heliolisk) uses PARABOLIC CHARGE on Butterfree (Mega Charizard X) to relay Negrek (Chesnaught)'s system messages. Butterfree (Mega Charizard X) receives the captaining PM that had been sent to Negrek. POISON POWDER kills Wargle.
I Liek Squirtles (Litleo)'s NOBLE ROAR resounds. He has been targeted by Eifie this night.
Mai (Mawile)'s HUGE POWER revives them.
Negrek (Chesnaught) does not engage in CLOSE COMBAT.
No one was lynched.
Butterfree (Mega Charizard X) did not use TOUGH CLAWS.
Alligates (Mega Kangaskhan) uses AROMATHERAPY #1 on I Liek Squirtles (Litleo). They are healed and roleblocked.
Zexion uses POISON POWDER to kill Alligates (Mega Kangaskhan).
Tailsy (Pumpkaboo) uses TRICK-OR-TREAT to kill Vanilla Mongoose (Zygarde). Vanilla Mongoose is unnafected by TRICK-OR-TREAT due to being mafia.
Mai (Mawile) uses STOCKPILE on Vanilla Mongoose (Zygarde) and can now reveal his alignment upon being lynched.
blazheirio889 (Aurorus) activates NATURE POWER and asks: "Is Tailsy Pumpkaboo?". The answer is: "Yes".
I Liek Squirtles (Litleo)'s NOBLE ROAR resounds. He has been targeted by Alligates this night.
Negrek (Chesnaught) engages Zexion (Vivillon) in CLOSE COMBAT.
Vanilla Mongoose (Zygarde) is modkilled.
Zexion (Vivillon) was lynched.
Butterfree (Mega Charizard X) uses TOUGH CLAWS on I Liek Squirtles (Litleo). They are healed and captured.
Butterfree (Mega Charizard X) kills the captured I Liek Squirtles (Litleo).
Tailsy (Pumpkaboo) uses TRICK-OR-TREAT to kill Negrek (Chesnaught). Negrek (Chesnaught) survives due to BULLETPROOF and is not converted.
Mai (Mawile) attempts to use STOCKPILE on I Liek Squirtles (Litleo). However, TOUGH CLAWS block the effect.
blazheirio889 (Aurorus) activates NATURE POWER and asks: "Are Butterfree and Tailsy a lover pair?". The answer is: "No".
I Liek Squirtles (Litleo)'s NOBLE ROAR resounds. He has been targeted by Butterfree this night.
Tailsy (Pumpkaboo) was lynched.
INSOMNIA activates. Butterfree (Mega Charizard X) dies.
Town wins!

And lastly...

This was among the best mafia games I've spectated/played. I know I've told you before but you're a great GM and the roles are fun and I can't wait for you to host another game :D
Thank you very much! However, you might have to do that thing you can't do for now. The activity around here is restoring itself well now, and I have an angry pitchfork-and-torch wielding mob to escape from before I go on to host another game.

Not that I'm anywhere near out of devilish ideas, mind you, but it's probably best to let them freshen up for a little while more.

Thank you very much! However, you might have to do that thing you can't do for now. The activity around here is restoring itself well now, and I have an angry pitchfork-and-torch wielding mob to escape from before I go on to host another game.

I will gladly take that angry mob off your hands.

I'm highly disappointed that Zexion didn't use that information muddling role. That would have been great.

YEAH, Negrek, yeah!!! :(!

Note to self: in future, think before casually going kamikaze on night zero for the lulz.

Awesome! I was really worried about blazheirio at the end, there... like, really worried. Especially since my instincts were so awful throughout the whole game (I'm so bad at mafia it's almost funny). But it worked out in the end, so high five to my fellow townies. Good game, everyone!

And thanks for GMing, MF! This was an awesome game, and I had loads of fun with it. It's too bad that a lot of people didn't end up getting to participate, but for those of us who did, it was quite the ride. See you in November for that Hoenn game then, hmm?

Also sorry for nearly screwing everything up with the thing on the second day, there; I just can't timezone, it totally wasn't supposed to be super last minute like that. It's unfortunate Zexion didn't get to mess with the inforoles, because that would have been hilarious, but sorry not sorry about taking out the mafia guy.

...although, despite that my alignment was innocent, I did totally beat a guy to death with my bare hands. I'm a monster. ._.

Awesome! I was really worried about blazheirio at the end, there... like, really worried. Especially since my instincts were so awful throughout the whole game (I'm so bad at mafia it's almost funny). But it worked out in the end, so high five to my fellow townies. Good game, everyone!

Also sorry for nearly screwing everything up with the thing on the second day, there; I just can't timezone, it totally wasn't supposed to be super last minute like that. It's unfortunate Zexion didn't get to mess with the inforoles, because that would have been hilarious, but sorry not sorry about taking out the mafia guy.

Ohhh, no, you were really helpful! I was all over the place - putting off suspicion of VM, still suspecting ILS, almost going against blazhy at the end there??? Wow. Blazhy and I probably would never have figured out what to do at night ;;;

I really should've been awake and talking at that time, whoops. But it all worked out for the best! (My thought process was, "I can't fall asleep now, discussion has temporarily died down but I'll probably miss something important ... falls asleep.")

But yeah, amazing game, and thanks to Metallica! It was a rush the whole time. I would play an infinite number of Hoenn games. :D

I'd just like to say that I was in no way responsible for the massacre night 0. In fact, I used the healing power with a 50% chance of success (which I deemed to be the least dangerous) on Butterfree night 1, and then I continued to target her after the Captain message happened. Probably a bad idea then, I guess.

...although, despite that my alignment was innocent, I did totally beat a guy to death with my bare hands. I'm a monster. ._.
You ARE a monster D:

Although, I think I was technically a monster, with that N0 PoisonPowder. And I am saddened as well that I didn't use my Rage Powder. Though, I tried to have a chance at it when it was just neg and I fighting it out. Had I just been able to convince you all to root for me over neg, I would've.

But yea, great game MF!

Our plan of course was to mess with blazhy's oracle results so that I appeared innocent. I was going to call out Tailsy as mafia at that point, but I never really anticipated the whole cult faction thing.

There was a slight chance of mafia winning, but it kind of hinged upon Zexion not-being-dead. Negrek made a pretty rash decision considering the town could have lost had neg been wrong, but it was the right decision nonetheless. It was frustrating as hell for me going to bed and thinking "oh looks like we're going to abstain!" only to wake up and see THE THING.

There were some pretty interesting things happening on our side of the game too. Here's the QuickTopic. Mafia shenanigans included:
  • Our sinister plan to nuke the entire game
  • Multi-flavored mongeese
  • A SURPRISE VISITOR. An unexpected res infiltration forced us to change the topic name to something less conspicous.
I was complaining to Mafia Facilitator that Mai should be modkilled for breaking out-of-thread communication rules. I had thought res was Mai. He was using a tag that I had only previously seen on Mai's tumblr, so that's what confused me.

It was certainly an entertaining game. Howl + Poison Powder was a pretty epic combination. I like how we, the mafia, had plenty of tricks up our collective sleeves. It certainly leads to more careful planning and deceit.

I'm just sitting here thinking about how close the town cut it. If we didn't decide to do the thing with Zexion (my instincts were right for once I'm so happy), or if Vm squeezed in another night kill/Tailsy managed to recruit someone else and therefore control the vote at the end, we would be screwed. I totally wasn't anticipating that other faction.

I CAN'T BELIEVE NEGREK WAS BULLETPROOF I WAS GONNA WIN

GOD. Hahahaa, that was suuuch a fun game! I honestly thought we were screwed but VM getting modkilled was perfect, until I made a terrible, terrible decision. You guys were awesome, you totally deserved the win :3 I'm so bad at being non-townie lmao. Should really have been looking up Pokémon abilities.

Last edited:

See you in November for that Hoenn game then, hmm?
While I'm definitely going to do something for that date, it's probably not gonna be that long before I GM again. Most likely we'll just have to wait until I'm finished with exams.

No, you're a Field. Butterfree, Alligates, Wargle and blazheirio889 totally are Monsters, though.

Dohohoho.

(Also, I still haven't stopped laughing at the mental image of a huge Chesnaught angrily beating the hell out of a tiny Vivillon. It's too bad it didn't occour to most people since Zexion claimed Mega Heracross so it'd actually look like an even fight.)

I'd just like to say that I was in no way responsible for the massacre night 0. In fact, I used the healing power with a 50% chance of success (which I deemed to be the least dangerous) on Butterfree night 1, and then I continued to target her after the Captain message happened. Probably a bad idea then, I guess.
You know, that almost failed to heal.

But then again, if it hadn't, the Poison Powder would have killed Butterfree before the Trick-or-Treat could've, so she'd never have ended up on the Halloween side.

And that sounds like a whole lot of alternate history.

It was frustrating as hell for me going to bed and thinking "oh looks like we're going to abstain!" only to wake up and see THE THING.
This has probably been so far the most hilarious use of "the thing" in a sentence.

There were some pretty interesting things happening on our side of the game too. Here's the QuickTopic. Mafia shenanigans included:
  • Our sinister plan to nuke the entire game
  • Multi-flavored mongeese
  • A SURPRISE VISITOR. An unexpected res infiltration forced us to change the topic name to something less conspicous.
I was complaining to Mafia Facilitator that Mai should be modkilled for breaking out-of-thread communication rules. I had thought res was Mai. He was using a tag that I had only previously seen on Mai's tumblr, so that's what confused me.
Also not pictured: Vanilla Mongoose posts with his name as "Tailsy" as a joke and I end up thinking the actual Tailsy broke in as well. That would've had to be /two/ modkills, and we'd already seen more than enough slaughter in this game. Suffice to say, I was in a delicate position for a while there.

I CAN'T BELIEVE NEGREK WAS BULLETPROOF I WAS GONNA WIN
I needed an additional modifier for the gladiator role and when Negrek rolled it I just couldn't resist making it Bulletproof in more than one sense. Tee hee.

Thanks for all the praise, everyone! I'm really glad that you all who didn't get N0 massacred enjoyed the game. I kind of got really nervous when we were just about ready to launch but I couldn't seem to resolve the setup at all. And then, suddenly, all it took was one boring class and one dusk. Which may not have led to the most carefully balanced setup out there, but hopefully next time around I won't be hustling so much for it. I was kind of nervous about whether this would be seen as a good followup to that round of Kalos Mafia, too, so hopefully taking a break will also allow me to setup less nervously in the future. But yeah, thanks for playing!

Also, in case anyone's wondering why Superbird was the first out of the deathpile to show up: it was because he smelled the worst.

It was hilarious that people were reading so much into it.

As soon as I discovered my conversion had failed I was like "oh. well. probably should have thought of that lmao"

Next time. But hahahaha poor Superbird. We blamed him for everything ;__;

I'm probably missing out on some reference here, but hmph why am I a monster. I'm a placid fabulous diplodocus that does nothing but ask questions at Mafia Facilitator.

... and now that you've mentioned the image of a giant Chesnaught beating the shit out of a tiny Vivillion, I can't help but imagine how it must've looked for everyone to cheer the giant Chesnaught on. Poor Zexion.

No, you're a Field. Butterfree, Alligates, Wargle and blazheirio889 totally are Monsters, though.

I'm probably missing out on some reference here, but hmph why am I a monster. I'm a placid fabulous diplodocus that does nothing but ask questions at Mafia Facilitator.

I agree, why am I a monster I didn;t even get to use my really cool role D:

But thanks for hostinf. It was fun (more so if I hadn't followed my trend)

Back
Top Bottom