• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Vanilla Mafia [GM WIN]

Vipera Magnifica

Aquatic Artiste
Pronoun
he/him
As night fell over Mafia Town, something sinister was brewing. Unaware of what was to come, the townspeople each climbed into their beds, and fell sound asleep.

The first night has begun. 24 hours for night actions.

Re: Vanilla Mafia

An hour or so after sunrise, eight of the villagers made their way into the town square. The remaining two were soon found dead in their homes, each lying in a crimson puddle. Just as the shock of this discovery began to paralyze the town with fear, the Venerable Mayor appeared before the crowd.

The Mayor - who I will refer to as "VM" from now on in the interest of brevity - announced to the town that he would not tolerate such crimes in his peaceful community, and would render swift judgment upon the persons responsible.

Mai is dead. She was innocent.
Wargle is dead. She was innocent.

You have 24 hours for discussion.

Uh, yikes? Two deaths on night zero? Sheesh.

So... what now?

Aye, DA, yikes.

However low the odds, the first though in my head was lovers. With this being Vanilla Mafia, it might actually not have that low of odds of having lovers in the game.

Ouch. I guess they could've been lovers, but — VM, does the flavor text in this game indicate anything, or is it just fluff?

Well there aren't too many other ways they could've both died the same way. Unless there was a mafia kill and a vig kill the same night? idk.

I highly doubt it was vigkill, I mean there's absolutely no reason to go firing off randomly when you're very likely to just snipe another townie. I think we can assume these were lovers? Or perhaps healer clash, but it's simplest to assume that they were lovers.

VM faced the crowd. "So have you decided who I should execute?" he asked them.

His question was met only with blank stares.

"I see..." he murmured, "Well, in that case, let's give it one more day and see what we can figure out."

No one was lynched. 24 hours for night actions.

When everyone woke up the next morning, they filed into the town square like they had done the previous day. This time, however, their numbers were even fewer.

VM counted the villagers and then let out an exasperated sigh. "Search the house of Flora." he commanded them.

Sure enough, when they got there, they found yet another bloody scene. Flora's body was lying dead on her living room floor.

Flora is dead. She was innocent.

Right uhm. There are probably 3 mafia or so in a game like this? Anyone got information? We're rather close to being matched.

OK, we really need to lynch a mafia today or we won't be doing terribly well! I don't really have any info, though. It's also entirely plausible that the inspector is dead so :/ I wouldn't count on it. Hmm.

Okay, since only one died tonight Mai and Wargle were probably Lovers.
I hope the Inspector is still alive, and has some leads, or else this is gonna be a quick game.

With only three deaths, there is a good chance the inspector is alive too. It's pretty much an even chance they are or aren't.

I got nothing though.

Once more, the townspeople filed into the town square. Once more, they were a person short. Tailsy had suffered the same fate as many of her unfortunate peers.

VM simply frowned, and with a wave of his hand, announced, "This very well may be your last chance. The time has come for you to make a choice. Choose wisely."

Tailsy is dead. She was innocent.

Actually, the way VM says it makes it sound like there are three. Some GMs have mafia win when they outnumber, not match, innocents.
So uh. Since no-one came forward with info yesterday, I'm assuming no-one has any. So we're probably best off randlynching today? We have pretty good odds of hitting a mafia member. Unless someone has something to say now?

The flavor makes it sound like we can't abstain, so.

I agree, a randlynch would be pretty probable to kill a mafia. It'll screw us over if we guess wrong, though. So who gets the noose?

Me. Zero Moment.

I'm just throwing it out there. Better to have picked someone than have a random lynch.

Thing is, if there are three mafia, and three innocents in turn... sigh. Especially with inactivity being an issue... the chances are low of getting a mafia lynch unless an inspector comes forward. And I'm just sitting over here, useless.

Back
Top Bottom