• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[DYING] Virus and Vaccine: A Digimon RP

S. E.

I'm a crow, don't'cha know?
Pronoun
she
[DYING]
Virus and Vaccine:
A Digimon RP

After the events of Dawn and Dusk, there have been a sudden influx of viruses throughout the Digital World, particularly in the surrounding areas of Digital City. In an attempt to heal the affected Digimon and repair the DigiAreas, the two Tamer Teams, Night Claw and Light Fang, have formed a Vaccine Team for each Tamer Team. You play as one of the Vaccine Tamers working for either Night Claw or Light Fang, trying to eliminate the viruses and find out who or what is causing them.

[Vaccine Team HQ: For members only]

Current Vaccine Mission:

Light Fang

Mission Type:
Area Restore
Details
A virus has been transmitted by an unknown source to Sunken Tunnel. It has yet to harm any Digimon, but the area is beginning to deteriorate. This mission involves the normal Area Restore procedure.
Required Tamer Points
5pts
Scout
Flora and Ashes

Night Claw

Mission Type:
Digimon Rescue
Details
A baby Wanyamon is lost in the thick of Register Jungle. Return it to the Union to complete the mission.
Required Tamer Points
10pts
Scout
Mission has not yet started.

(Missions are worth 5 Tamer Points each)

Past Missions:

Light Fang

Mission Type:
Digimon Cure & Co-op
Details
3 Infected Growlmon are rampaging. Light Fang's job is to battle and heal the Growlmon.
Required Tamer Points
0pts
Scout
Involuntary Twitch

Night Claw

Mission Type:
Digimon Cure
Details
A fresh virus has struck Magnet Mine. So far, it has only affected some of the resident Digimon. Two Keramon and one Kurisarimon have been affected so far.
Required Tamer Points
5pts
Scout
Shining Eevee

Mission Type:
Area Restore & Co-op
Details
3 Infected Growlmon are rampaging. Night Crow's job is to vaccinate the infected areas.
Required Tamer Points
0pts
Scout
Arcanine

Tamer Upgrades

5pts = Digimon Navi (At any point in the story, you may choose to have some sort of event where you meet up with a second Digimon. That Digimon does not do any battling, however, but it may serve as your DigiNavi. A DigiNavi handles emails and messages and forwards them to you, and has many other duties. Just like your partner, their species must match one of the species represented by your Tamer Team.)

10pts = Alt. Champion Form (Allows your partner to choose a different Champion form to Digivolve to within their species (Dark, Holy, etc.) Only one Alt. Champion form can be had.)

15pts = Alt. Champion Form 2 (Like the above, only your partner can now have 2 Alt. Champion Forms at once)

20pts = Armor Digivolution (Allows your partner to Digivolve using special DigiEggs if they can. The form they reach can also be used as their preferred form.)

25pts = ??? (Will be revealed when first attained)

30pts = Ultimate Digivolution (Allows your partner to Digivolve to it's Ultimate form. Also allows it to have it's Ultimate form as it's preferred form.)

35pts = Alt. Ultimate Form (Like Alt. Champion Form, only with Ultimate level Digimon)

40pts = Alt. Ultimate Form 2 (Like Alt. Champion Form 2, only with Ultimate level Digimon)

50pts = DNA Digivolution (Allows your partner to DNA Digivolve with another Digimon. After battle, they can freely separate)

55pts = Mega Digivolution (Allows your partner to reach it's Mega Form. Also allows it to have it's Mega Form as it's preferred form.)

60pts = Alt. Mega Form (Like Alt. Champion and Ultimate Forms, only with Mega level Digimon)

65pts = Alt. Mega Form 2 (Like Alt. Champion and Ultimate Form 2s, only with Mega level Digimon)

80pts = Burst/Ruin Digivolution (Allows your partner to Digivolve to it's Burst/Ruin Mode. Also allows your partner to have their Burst/Ruin Mode as their preferred form.)

More coming soon. (Possibly)

The Beginners Guide to Vaccination

Digimon Cure

To vaccinate an infected Digimon, first you must defeat the Digimon in question. Afterwards, the Digimon should explode in a burst of data. Then, using your Vaccine Digivice, you can run scans on the data and bring back the Digimon, cured.

Area Restore

After a virus has infected a DigiArea, or an infected Digimon has spread the virus to it, an Area Restore operation is needed. All DigiAreas(In this RP, anyways) have gates to the DigiArea's server. Once inside the Server (Which looks much like the CITYs) you can use your Vaccine Digivice to run scans on the area, which will cause it to slowly repair. Then, the mission is complete.

Digimon Rescue

Self-explanatory. Find the client to complete the mission.

Scouts

For every mission, a Tamer from each team must volunteer for scout duty. The purpose of a scout is to report the actions of the enemy Digimon. In other words, you take momentary control of the enemy Digimon, which gets rid of the possibility of the Tamer cheating in his or her favor. Despite how it sounds, scouts are vital and most missions cannot go on without them.

Digimon Partners

Every Tamer has one Digimon Partner to assist them on missions. That Digimon's preferred form (The form it will take outside of battle) can be no higher than Champion level, and it must have at least one Mega form. The Digimon's preferred form must be of one of the species that represents your Tamer Team. If you belong to Light Fang, your Digimon must be Holy, Dragon, Bird, or Aquan species. If you belong to Night Claw, your Digimon must be Dark, Beast, InsectPlant, or Machine species. You should choose your Tamer Team depending on what kind of Digimon you want. The only exceptions are non-Night Claw species Black Digimon, such as BlackAgumon. They can belong to either team.​

Application Forms

Tamers:
Name:
Appearance:
Tamer Team:
Digimon Partner:
Summary:

Digimon Partners:
Name: (If it's their species name, still fill this part out)
Gender: (I know Digimon don't have genders, this is just for correct use of pronouns)
Appearance: (If it looks just like the rest of it's species, leave blank)
Summary:

Application Records

Light Fang:
1. Mystari (Mysti) Allyssa Endris & Clawslash (Gatomon): Mewtwo, 5pts
DigiNavi: Foxy (Renamon)
2. Flora Marie Kaijin & Serenity (Patamon): Flora and Ashes, 5pts
DigiNavi: Mini (Biyomon)
3. Zeph & Deluge (Gomamon): Involuntary Twitch, 5pts
DigiNavi: Kou (Kudamon)

Night Claw:
1. Demi Sapphire & Lunamon: Shining Eevee, 10pts
DigiNavi: BlackGuilmon
Alt. Champion Form: SangLoupmon
2. Eric & Monmon: Celestial Blade, 10pts
DigiNavi: Tentomon
3. Zak Greyson & Floramon: Eeveeon25, 10pts
DigiNavi: BlackAgumon
4. Kevin & Ae (PawnChessmonBlack): Arcanine, 10pts
DigiNavi: Kokuwamon

This RP has already started, but we are still open to new members.

NOTICE: Before you join, make sure you can post at least every 2 weeks, although more would be nice.

picture.php
picture.php

Upon joining, you now get one of these. Your character's first name and partner's name are displayed in the space underneath Virus and Vaccine. You can display them in your signature and make them link here.

Applying:

Name: Demi Sapphire
Appearance: Demi has brown hair and chocolate eyes. She is somewhat average height for her age at 55~ inches. She sports a read headband with a dark purple shirt and and blue skirt.
Tamer Team: Night Claw
Digimon Partner: Lunamon
Summary: Demi is somewhat reliant on her friends, particularly Lunamon. However, she can get the job done when she needs to. It's hard for her to strike up conversations with people that aren't extremely close, therefore Lunamon does most of the talking.

Name: Lunamon
Appearance:
Summary: Lunamon was found by Demi Sapphire as a DigiEgg that was abandoned to die in the Real World. Raised as a Moonmon under Demi's care, she grew up to share many of Demi's traits. The only difference between the two is Lunamon's boldness. After being saved and raised by Demi, Lunamon tries to repay her by being somewhat of a motherly figure to her. Lunamon seems to be good with math, oddly, and often helps Demi with her homework sent from the Real World. Lunamon's Alt. Champion Form, SangLoupmon, is often used for transportation rather than battle.

Name: BlackGuilmon
Digimon: BlackGuilmon-BlackGrowlmon-BlackWarGrowlmon-BlackWarGreymon
Appearance:
Summary: BlackGuilmon is always found at the PC with his ever present mug of coffee. Due to his laid back nature, others don't have a hard time getting along with him. He's a graduate of the DigiNavi University, and when it comes to computers, he knows his stuff. He is very unlike the rest of his species in that he somewhat dislikes violence.

FAQ

Q: What happens after the plot ends? Does the RP end?
A: No. Although the amount of viruses currently in the RP are unnatural for the Digital World, viruses will still spring up from time to time. Also, I have a Tournament(s) planned at the end.

Q: I can't be here for over 2 weeks! What do I do so I don't get kicked out?
A: Just post "*absence pass*" so I know not to get rid of you.

Q: How do I know what species my Digimon is?
A: Use this if your Digimon is in Dawn/Dusk. If not, use this. Certain Digimon that are normally one species is sometimes a different one in Dawn/Dusk, but generally if that Digimon is in D/D then that's what you can go by.

Last edited:
Re: The Union's Vaccine Team [Digimon]

I join all Digimon RP's!

Tamers:
Name:Mysti
Appearance:Blonde,curly hair,wears a white shirt with monk sleeves,trimming,and collar.
Tamer Team:Whichever fits Gatomon!
Digimon Partner:Gatomon!
Summary:Um,what does that mean?

Digimon Partners:
Name: Clawslash
Appearance: she has a hint of pink blended in with the white fur
Summary:Again,what does it mean?

I join all Digimon RP's!

Tamers:
Name:Mysti
Appearance:Blonde,curly hair,wears a white shirt with monk sleeves,trimming,and collar.
Tamer Team:Whichever fits Gatomon!
Summary:Um,what does that mean?

Digimon Partners:
Summary:Again,what does it mean?
In this case, a summary is a bio or description of your character. Because of Gatomon, you'll be on Light Fang. Is that okay? Also, would you like your character to have a last name as well, or would you like to leave it as Mysti? Edit your post with those details and you're good to go.

Tamers:
Name:Mystari (Mysti) Allyssa Endris
Appearance:Blonde,curly hair,wears a white shirt with pink sleeves,trimming,and collar.
Tamer Team:Light Fang
Summary:(I assume this means personality) Light,bouncy,playful,fun to have around,can cheer anyone up,only fights if has to

Digimon Partners:
Summary:Mainly sarcastic,but can be serious and playful

Last edited:

Tamers:
Name:Mystari (Mysti) Allyssa Endris
Appearance:Blonde,curly hair,wears a white shirt with pink sleeves,trimming,and collar.
Tamer Team:Light Fang
Summary:(I assume this means personality) Light,bouncy,playful,fun to have around,can cheer anyone up,only fights if has to

Digimon Partners:
Summary:Mainly sarcastic,but can be serious and playful
Accepted

Last edited:

*overlooks my sign-up form*

*sees appearance*

Gah! the shirt thing: monk was supposed to be pink,major typing error!

Re: Virus and Vaccine: A Digimon RP

Tamers:
Name: Flora Marie Kaijin
Appearance: Flora has shoulder-length red hair and bright blue eyes.
Tamer Team: Light Fang
Digimon Partner: Patamon
Summary: Flora is rather hyperactive, and loves to help others with important tasks. However, you never want to get near her when she's upset, because she either goes on a rampage or becomes a giant ball of tears.

Digimon Partner:
Name: Serenity
Appearance:
Summary: Serious, and tries to keep Flora from rampaging/becoming a giant ball of tears. (It never works, though)

Last edited:

Are you guys sure? I was getting ready to change this to a Tournament-like thing, still involving Light Fang and Night Crow. And Flora, Patamon is a Bird Species Digimon. It belongs to Light Fang, not Night Crow. If you want to join with Patamon, you'll need to switch.

(Patamon is a Bird or Holy Digimon, so be one of Light Fang)

I have a question... can we get more partners later on like in Dawn/Dusk?

Name: Eric
Appearance: The playable hero from the ORIGINAL Digimon World
Tamer Team: Night Crow
Digimon Partner: Monmon
Digivolution line: ?->??->Monmon->Hookmon->Assaultmon->Cannondramon

Summary: Eric is a proud member of Night Crow's Vaccine team.

Digimon Partners:
Name: Depends on which form he is in at the time.
Appearance:
Summary: Has a strong sense of justice, and is a fun-loving Digimon.

Edited.

Nyaa, I didn't know that, since I never played the games. ^^;

Celestial Blade & Flora and Ashes

Accepted, but please let me know if anyone wants this to be changed to that Tournament RP instead. I'll probably add a Tournament anyways, though.

EDIT: Well, I suppose you could have two Digimon at the most, but you'll have to choose which one you're taking with you on each mission.

Keep it! My Bakugan tournament RP only has one member, and is probably going to close soon.

*never played games after world 4 so may need explanations*
**finds it humorously ironic that the light guys do the violence and the dark guys do the healing**

Tamer:
Name: Zak Greyson
Appearance: Black hair, jacket, and pants with green shirt and green goggles on forehead
Digimon Partner: Floramon
Summary: He's generally lazy, but he still knows that he needs to do what's required of him. This results in common procrastination, unless it's for something he's really interested in. He loves a good laugh, and often makes others try to laugh too, although his jokes cause people to laugh at him more often than with him. Most people just don't share his sense of humor.

Digimon Partner:
Name: Floramon
Appearance: Has black scarf (or whatever the thing from PMD is called) around neck that stays there in all evolutions
Summary: Is very similar to his partner, Zak, although he can be more level-headed. Digivolution line is Floramon-Kiwimon-Deramon-Gryphonmon

*never played games after world 4 so may need explanations*
**finds it humorously ironic that the light guys do the violence and the dark guys do the healing**

Tamer:
Name: Zak Greyson
Appearance: Black hair, jacket, and pants with green shirt and green goggles on forehead
Digimon Partner: Floramon
Summary: He's generally lazy, but he still knows that he needs to do what's required of him. This results in common procrastination, unless it's for something he's really interested in. He loves a good laugh, and often makes others try to laugh too, although his jokes cause people to laugh at him more often than with him. Most people just don't share his sense of humor.

Digimon Partner:
Name: Floramon
Appearance: Has black scarf (or whatever the thing from PMD is called) around neck that stays there in all evolutions
Summary: Is very similar to his partner, Zak, although he can be more level-headed. Digivolution line is Floramon-Kiwimon-Deramon-Gryphonmon
Accepted, but you'll need to be in Night Crow because of Floramon. I'm adding you right now, but you can freely change your profile since the RP hasn't started.

Ooh! I don't RP much, but I'm quite familiar with Dawn and this sounds like fun. :3 So count me in!

...And, uh... if I recall correctly, Kiwimon and Deramon digivolve from Chicchi/Muchomon and into uh I dunno but definitely not Gryphomon; that's the Mega form of Biyomon.

Name: Zeph
Appearance: Zeph is tall (around 5' 8") with shoulder-length light brown hair. She dresses simply and casually in a tee shirt and shorts, and she keeps her hair pushed out of her eyes with a black headband.
Digimon Partner: Gomamon
Summary: Zeph is forever eager to prove herself in battle, so she often races into situations a bit more challenging than she can handle. She always tries her hardest and strives to be at the front lines. She tends to be impatient when she has to wait.

Name: Deluge
Appearance: Slightly longer-haired than the usual for a Gomamon.
Summary: The easygoing Deluge doesn't seem like a very good fit for the enthusiastic Zeph, but somehow they get along. Evolution is typically Poyomon-Gomamon-Ikkakumon-Zudomon-Vikemon, but depending on the situation he will sometimes do Poyomon-Kamemon-Tortomon-Brachiomon-Plesiomon.

Ooh! I don't RP much, but I'm quite familiar with Dawn and this sounds like fun. :3 So count me in!

...And, uh... if I recall correctly, Kiwimon and Deramon digivolve from Chicchi/Muchomon and into uh I dunno but definitely not Gryphomon; that's the Mega form of Biyomon.

Name: Zeph
Appearance: Zeph is tall (around 5' 8") with shoulder-length light brown hair. She dresses simply and casually in a tee shirt and shorts, and she keeps her hair pushed out of her eyes with a black headband.
Digimon Partner: Gomamon
Summary: Zeph is forever eager to prove herself in battle, so she often races into situations a bit more challenging than she can handle. She always tries her hardest and strives to be at the front lines. She tends to be impatient when she has to wait.

Name: Deluge
Appearance: Slightly longer-haired than the usual for a Gomamon.
Summary: The easygoing Deluge doesn't seem like a very good fit for the enthusiastic Zeph, but somehow they get along. Evolution is typically Poyomon-Gomamon-Ikkakumon-Zudomon-Vikemon, but depending on the situation he will sometimes do Poyomon-Kamemon-Tortomon-Brachiomon-Plesiomon.
Accepted. And so the RP begins! Oh, and I'm letting Eeveeon pass because since he's only played up to World 4, he could be right for all I know. Even if not, I'm fine with it anyways.
------------
"Demi!" Lunamon shouted urgently. "Wake up! You'll make us late!" Demi slowly opened her eyes to reveal Lunamon hovering over her head. "...Lunamon, we've got plenty of time." "That may be what you think, but we'll be late with your kind of thinking!" Demi gave in and got up. After the morning routine was over, Demi and Lunamon were on their way to their first meeting with The Union's Vaccination Team.

((I should probably mention that both teams are meeting at Center Bridge. Both Chief Julia (Night Crow) and Chief Glare (Light Fang) will be there))

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom