• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just realized I have an open slot since me V. Sunflower ended, so here's an open challenge, since I haven't battled someone new in a while. WEIRD ARENA GO.

3v3 Single, Set
DQ: 7 Days
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Attract, direct healing, only 5 Chills/Pokemon

Arena: Coloursfall and Sunflower's Kitchen

This arena is, as the name implies, Coloursfall and Sunflower's kitchen. The battlers are shrunk to be tiny - about six inches or less in height.

The area for the battle is 15 feet square, but parts are taken up by an average fridge, gas stove, desk (with a microwave on top) and the counters. The floor is smooth white tile, and slightly cold to the touch. The layout is as such:

ST-FR---C
---------C
D--------C
D--------C

[ST = stove, FR = fridge, C = counter, D = desk, - = empty floor]

Between the Fridge and Counter are also a large glass dish full of cat food (salmon and rice!) and a plastic bowl of water big enough to house a shrunken Wailmer. The water is cold and fills the dish about halfway. A Pokemon can eat a bit of cat food to regain 5% HP and Energy, but any Pokemon who would react badly to raw fish (herbivores, etc) are also mildly poisoned.

The most interesting part of the arena, however, is a 25% chance/round to attract one (or both!) of the Cats. They have the following stats, and appear on the first action of a round they will appear in:

Molly - female Tortoiseshell - Hyper Cutter
100 Base Speed, Dark-Type
Night Slash, Quash, Bite, Quick Attack, Slash

Pawblo - male Manx - Run Away [declawed]
80 Base Speed, Normal-Type
Hyper Voice, Screech, Growl, Doubleslap, Uproar

Both cats are considered to have infinite health/energy, and count as having 1 EXP each for the purpose of attacks. They act under the ref's orders and will flee at the end of the round. They cannot be status'd, except Sleep, during which they will stay in the arena and attack the Pokemon who put them to sleep before fleeing on that action. They can have their stats lowered, however. Both cats are about a foot tall (about twice the size of a large 'mon).

(people I haven't battled before only please UuU)

Just realized I have an open slot since me V. Sunflower ended, so here's an open challenge, since I haven't battled someone new in a while. WEIRD ARENA GO.

3v3 Single, Set
DQ: 7 Days
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Attract, direct healing, only 5 Chills/Pokemon

Arena: Coloursfall and Sunflower's Kitchen

This arena is, as the name implies, Coloursfall and Sunflower's kitchen. The battlers are shrunk to be tiny - about six inches or less in height.

The area for the battle is 15 feet square, but parts are taken up by an average fridge, gas stove, desk (with a microwave on top) and the counters. The floor is smooth white tile, and slightly cold to the touch. The layout is as such:

ST-FR---C
---------C
D--------C
D--------C

[ST = stove, FR = fridge, C = counter, D = desk, - = empty floor]

Between the Fridge and Counter are also a large glass dish full of cat food (salmon and rice!) and a plastic bowl of water big enough to house a shrunken Wailmer. The water is cold and fills the dish about halfway. A Pokemon can eat a bit of cat food to regain 5% HP and Energy, but any Pokemon who would react badly to raw fish (herbivores, etc) are also mildly poisoned.

The most interesting part of the arena, however, is a 25% chance/round to attract one (or both!) of the Cats. They have the following stats, and appear on the first action of a round they will appear in:

Molly - female Tortoiseshell - Hyper Cutter
100 Base Speed, Dark-Type
Night Slash, Quash, Bite, Quick Attack, Slash

Pawblo - male Manx - Run Away [declawed]
80 Base Speed, Normal-Type
Hyper Voice, Screech, Growl, Doubleslap, Uproar

Both cats are considered to have infinite health/energy, and count as having 1 EXP each for the purpose of attacks. They act under the ref's orders and will flee at the end of the round. They cannot be status'd, except Sleep, during which they will stay in the arena and attack the Pokemon who put them to sleep before fleeing on that action. They can have their stats lowered, however. Both cats are about a foot tall (about twice the size of a large 'mon).

(people I haven't battled before only please UuU)

You know, I don't think we've ever battled, and I only have 1 ongoing battle now, so I'll take you on.

Challenge for Sunflower.

2v2 doubles
DQ: 7 days
Damage cap: 50%
Banned: attract, direct healing, perish song, OHKOs

Arena: Hospital rooftop

The rooftop of a hospital is either the best or worst place to meet with someone for the purpose of beating each other into unconsciousness. Certainly, this rooftop has seen its fair share of violence over the past few days, as demonstrated by a bloodstain near its centre. Still, it's a nice enough place to fight - the entire roof is flat and just rough enough to avoid slipping, and there are few if any distractions. The rooftop itself is quite sturdy, so it won't collapse even under the force of a meteor or ten.

A hastily-built but sturdy fence prevents casual fatal falls and surrounds the entire rooftop, though it appears it was erected within the last several hours.

Challenge for Sunflower.

2v2 doubles
Damage cap: 50%
Banned: attract, direct healing, perish song, OHKOs

Arena: Hospital rooftop

The rooftop of a hospital is either the best or worst place to meet with someone for the purpose of beating each other into unconsciousness. Certainly, this rooftop has seen its fair share of violence over the past few days, as demonstrated by a bloodstain near its centre. Still, it's a nice enough place to fight - the entire roof is flat and just rough enough to avoid slipping, and there are few if any distractions.

A hastily-built but sturdy fence prevents casual fatal falls and surrounds the entire rooftop, though it appears it was erected within the last several hours.

Dropping my challenge with Zora and taking this.

BUZZzzz (what the hell am I doing)

4 vs. 4 double
Style: Set
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Destiny Bond, Perish Song, Attract, direct healing limited to 2/Pokemon
Arena: BEES

More specifically, a giant vespiquen's skirt-hive-thing. It was a prosperous, worry-free location for the grubs that lived there; dutiful combee constantly collected honey for them, they had all grown in size to the point they didn't have to worry about fearow and yanmega, the walls of their honeycombs were always sturdy and moist, all was well. They had a few weeks until they became part of the ever-dutiful mindless swarm, and there were never any upstart female combee to bother their protector. They were even beginning to get other servants, way up there in the sky; they were a bit preoccupied with the Battle for Asber but that was okay. Everything was taken care of.

Until Mai and blazhy found the hive. Then, the only rational words that could be said were "BEES".

My god. Their gods. Everyone's gods.

They needed to fight in a god. They needed to be their servants, to be a part of the Swarm.

It also happened that they were planning to fight at some point, so, it was decided there and then that they would hold a battle inside their diety's abdomen. The walls are indestructable (and sticky), as could be expected with a goddess; they're yellow-orange and slathered with honey. The bottom of the hive is sealed up with honey, too, and extra bits of it at the bottom make a rather shallow but still habitable place for water types. As the battle goes on, the pool will deepen and more honey will drip; it won't get to the point where the combatants would drown. On the side, there are entire honeycombs filled with honey. Water-dwelling pokemon could be sent out in either of those locations.

Oh, and the queen bee is Novadea.

Other: When sending out last, sendouts cannot have super-effective STAB on one or more of the opponents. There's no water in the arena, just honey; water type moves and pokemon can still function normally, though. Pokemon can drink some of the honey and gain 5% health and energy. This takes an action.

BUZZzzz (what the hell am I doing)

4 vs. 4 double
Style: Set
DQ: Standard week
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Destiny Bond, Perish Song, Attract, direct healing limited to 2/Pokemon
Arena: BEES

More specifically, a giant vespiquen's skirt-hive-thing. It was a prosperous, worry-free location for the grubs that lived there; dutiful combee constantly collected honey for them, they had all grown in size to the point they didn't have to worry about fearow and yanmega, the walls of their honeycombs were always sturdy and moist, all was well. They had a few weeks until they became part of the ever-dutiful mindless swarm, and there were never any upstart female combee to bother their protector. They were even beginning to get other servants, way up there in the sky; they were a bit preoccupied with the Battle for Asber but that was okay. Everything was taken care of.

Until Mai and blazhy found the hive. Then, the only rational words that could be said were "BEES".

My god. Their gods. Everyone's gods.

They needed to fight in a god. They needed to be their servants, to be a part of the Swarm.

It also happened that they were planning to fight at some point, so, it was decided there and then that they would hold a battle inside their diety's abdomen. The walls are indestructable (and sticky), as could be expected with a goddess; they're yellow-orange and slathered with honey. The bottom of the hive is sealed up with honey, too, and extra bits of it at the bottom make a rather shallow but still habitable place for water types. As the battle goes on, the pool will deepen and more honey will drip; it won't get to the point where the combatants would drown. On the side, there are entire honeycombs filled with honey. Water-dwelling pokemon could be sent out in either of those locations.

Oh, and the queen bee is Novadea.

Other: When sending out last, sendouts cannot have super-effective STAB on one or more of the opponents. There's no water in the arena, just honey; water type moves and pokemon can still function normally, though. Pokemon can drink some of the honey and gain 5% health and energy. This takes an action.

BEES BEES BEES
(translation: taking)

2 vs. 2/Single/Set
1 week DQ
50% Damage Cap
Banned Moves: Direct and Indirect Healing, OHKOs, Chills limited to 3/Pokemon, Destiny Bond, Perish Song, any moves that would cause a pokemon to instantly faint
Arena: The Snow Globe

The trainers and their Pokemon have been shrunk down to size to fit into this tiny representation of a town on the night before Christmas. Though the name of the arena is "The Snow Globe", the only Pokemon able to battle here are water-types, as snow globes are filled with water. In the small globe are four "snow"-crested plastic houses and a church. The Pokemon are of the size that, if the doors of the buildings could be opened, they would fit as if they had been entering the average door in the outside world.

Every other round a random passerby will shake the globe, causing the "snow" to fly around the sphere, coming to rest at the end of the round. While this is in effect, all moves lose 15% accuracy (Not 15% of their accuracy, so a Toxic would go down to 60%, not 62%). As the entire arena is made of water, electric moves will hit both the target and the user. The dome of the globe is also indestructible for the purposes of the battle, though the miniature buildings can be destroyed at will.

Additional Rules: Only Pokemon that can survive underwater for long periods of time may participate. Commands and send out will be sent by pm. Also, no Lanturn and Chinchou please.

1 vs. 1
DQ: a week
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: Tropical Island

This small, untouched island, lush and teeming with wildlife, rises smoothly out of the deep blue ocean surrounding it. The battlers begin on the beach, which goes on from the sea for about 30 yards until it is abruptly replaced by a thick, tall jungle.

My other battle is not going anywhere, and the one on here is being dropped, so I am gonna put another challenge up (must evolve everyone...)

1 vs. 1
Banned Moves: OHKO's, 5 chills and 5 heals
Arena: The gala

A huge hall that was once filled with ponies. There is a band playing, right on a stage in front of where the battle will take place.

Also, watch out for any mad ponies. There is a certain yellow pegasus who has a 30% chance of turning up after a round, shouting "you're going to love me!" and then divebombing a random Pokemon for 5% typeless damage.

2 vs. 2 double
Damage cap: 100%
Banned moves: Direct healing moves and chills.

Its a tough day to be a Pokemon in these parts. The arena is shaped like a dome, and is only big enough to have 3 meters of space between each Pokemon. Blood lies on the walls, and can intimidate some weaker Pokemon. Baby and unevolved pokemon in this place act as if affected by intimidate. There is not much room to run, and chills and any healing moves are banned. If no fighting moves take place during the round, a random audience member will throw a beer bottle into the arena, hitting one of the Pokemon. This will make them take 10% damage, but will raise their attack as the booze increases their confidence.

My other battle is not going anywhere, and the one on here is being dropped, so I am gonna put another challenge up (must evolve everyone...)

1 vs. 1
Banned Moves: OHKO's, 5 chills and 5 heals
Arena: The gala

A huge hall that was once filled with ponies. There is a band playing, right on a stage in front of where the battle will take place.

Also, watch out for any mad ponies. There is a certain yellow pegasus who has a 30% chance of turning up after a round, shouting "you're going to love me!" and then divebombing a random Pokemon for 5% typeless damage.

Take this, I will.

1 vs. 1
DQ: a week
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: Tropical Island

This small, untouched island, lush and teeming with wildlife, rises smoothly out of the deep blue ocean surrounding it. The battlers begin on the beach, which goes on from the sea for about 30 yards until it is abruptly replaced by a thick, tall jungle.

Accepted :)

Allow me to post a brand-new challenge worthy of the title of Awesomeness....

Type: 2 on 2 Singles Match, Set Style
DQ: lets say..umm..about 2 weeks.
Banned Moves: Sleep-makers, 1-kit-KOs
Arena: Descara Town Gym

This gym is the location where trainers battle Shade, the gym leader who specializes in Dark-Type Pokemon. The arena is completely dark. Only Pokemon that carry a constant flame can see, but only barely. Psychic-Pokemon can somewhat detect their opponents, but not very much.

Allow me to post a brand-new challenge worthy of the title of Awesomeness....

Type: 2 on 2 Singles Match, Set Style
DQ: lets say..umm..about 2 weeks.
Banned Moves: Sleep-makers, 1-kit-KOs
Arena: Descara Town Gym

This gym is the location where trainers battle Shade, the gym leader who specializes in Dark-Type Pokemon. The arena is completely dark. Only Pokemon that carry a constant flame can see, but only barely. Psychic-Pokemon can somewhat detect their opponents, but not very much.

Taken.

Ok, my first ever battle… hopefully, I won’t lose too badly.

3 vs. 3 Single
Style: Switch
DQ Time: 8 days
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Direct Recovery
Arena: Treespread Forest

In beginning, there is just a short field of grass with nothing else in the large range. Then, as the battle continues, a large tree will sprout of the ground where any location. It could be directly under you, next to you, behind you, etc. The tree will not stop growing until it is the maximum height (which is around 8 to 10 yards). However, a tree only sprouts every 3rd post (The 3rd, 6th, 9th, etc. post of the battle has to mention a tree sprouting from the ground). A tree growing doesn’t count as an action, unless a pokemon does something with it.

Other: No Evolved Pokemon may be used

Yeah, probably not the most interesting battle ever… but it’s a start.

Oh right, I almost forgot the Profile Link. Silly me.

Ok, my first ever battle… hopefully, I won’t lose too badly.

3 vs. 3 Single
Style: Switch
DQ Time: 8 days
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Direct Recovery
Arena: Treespread Forest

In beginning, there is just a short field of grass with nothing else in the large range. Then, as the battle continues, a large tree will sprout of the ground where any location. It could be directly under you, next to you, behind you, etc. The tree will not stop growing until it is the maximum height (which is around 8 to 10 yards). However, a tree only sprouts every 3rd post (The 3rd, 6th, 9th, etc. post of the battle has to mention a tree sprouting from the ground). A tree growing doesn’t count as an action, unless a pokemon does something with it.

Other: No Evolved Pokemon may be used

Yeah, probably not the most interesting battle ever… but it’s a start.

Oh right, I almost forgot the Profile Link. Silly me.

I'll drop my battle with DarkAura and take this. And don't expect me to go easy on you because you're new. But, a quick question. What percent chance is it that a tree will sprout under a pokemon, as apposed to anywhere else?

I'll drop my battle with DarkAura and take this. And don't expect me to go easy on you because you're new. But, a quick question. What percent chance is it that a tree will sprout under a pokemon, as apposed to anywhere else?

I don’t want anybody to go easy on me.
Possibly a 10-25% chance of that happening

I don’t want anybody to go easy on me.
Possibly a 10-25% chance of that happening

Um, I believe you have to have an exact percentage. Oh, and does a tree appearing under a pokemon deal damage? I believe these things are important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom