• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

why do people hate Tracey!

Amanda-Beth

I've found things that say without saying that people dislike Tracey I want to know why. I know why on other characters why they might be dislike other characters but I don't see reason why Tracey is disliked. He seems like a kind hearted young man in the anime. Who sometimes gets star struck by idols and ladies who catch his interest( watch luvdisc many splendored thing and the later will be understood) he dosen't over do it like other characters might. Thank you in advance for the help in understanding this.

Let us remember Tracey replaced Brock. Brock is much more iconic than Tracey. For many people, he was the first Gym Leader they faced, and Brock's antics made many people go to his side. And personal opinion plays a huge role in this.

I like Tracey. He's a very good Pokemon sketcher and he does have a little antic Brock also had. Tracey sketched a picture of officer Jenny...

I do agree Brock is better, but he's not as epic as he was in kanto and johto. He does have many lines of humour, like "I'll use my frying pan as a drying pan!" and "Ash and Misty sitting in a tree" (In the manga), and lets not forget "Rubber Ducky you're so fine" (also in the manga).

In my opinion, Brock is much better because he serves a better purpose and has more of a history, like being the only trainer to have both a dad and a mom even though he said his mom had died, and him being a gym leader. But I don't hate Tracey, I just think Brock is better.

Also, if I had to choose between Brock and Tracey for DP, Tracey, because they fucked Brock up with a new voice actor and that hideous eye gleam when he gets an erection from meets a hot chick.

I always loved Tracey! ): He was the character I could always relate to the most because we're both artists. You don't really get characters like that on childrens' television much (except for like... Chalkzone I guess, but Chalkzone was pretty horrible and also newer so it doesn't count) so I felt a strong kinship for him.

I missed Brock a little bit I guess, but I didn't hate Tracey for it. I liked Tracey better than Brock, even.

Last edited:
People don't like it when the creators screw with their favorite characters. 'Nuff said.

Was it ever explained what happened between Brock and Professor Ivy that left Brock so upset?

(of course, most likely he got rejected, but I would still like to know)

Shrugs off this turned into bragging about Brock. I had crush on Brock at one time however I related more to Tracey I guess the reality is they brought Tracey in when show was still to new and it annoyed some so they choose to be mean to him. I typed this on day when I was reading fan fiction and for like the tenth time he was either used to swing to same sex(that's not Tracey) or to get injured or killed its just isn't right.

I liked Tracy, I dunno why. I was an orange shipper and the fact that Brock fancied everyone annoyed me. I suppose the dynamic of the trio was broken when Brock left, as Tracy had a completely different character type which wasn't a very good replacement at the time. Tracy didn't have much humour about him from what I remember, so maybe he was hated because he wasn't very funny.

Derpy, he does have a bit of humour. He sketches attractive women and gets embaressed because of it. Tracey does have one thing Brock didn't have at that time; a Pokemon from Johto. Remember, Orange Islands was before Johto, hell, before Johto Pokemon were introduced! (Well, Togepi is the only other Johto pokemon that people knew its name, but Togepi was introduced in Kanto)

I like to pretend that the Orange Islands, NEVER HAPPENED. It was the shows awkward moment before Johto. Mind I stopped watching after Johto.

People learned not to replace a character that's been there since the beginning. I am still wondering why people aren't that pissed about Misty.

Thank you dark aura phantom many avid watchers stopped or watched a lot less after Misty and many where livid when she left but its become clear that she will make occasional cameo. We just deal with it.

Also note, I hate the anime. I watched it when I was a kid, but I don't like it anymore, but I remember Misty being one of my favorite characters.

I also liked Misty. May and Dawn don't come close to the awesomeness of everyone's favourite redhead!

Orange Islands was there because they didn't have time to explore all Pokémon in Kanto.

Back
Top Bottom