• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Kanto Role Choice Mafia

JackPK

blame telegram
Pronoun
he/him
Kanto Role Choice Mafia

Well… not quite. You don’t choose your own role — you choose someone else’s.

When you join this game, please post one of the first 151 Pokemon as well as any game role in this thread. You can use this mafia compendium for ideas, if you like. Feel free to tack on role modifiers or specified factions on the role you choose, but I reserve the right to tweak/remove them as necessary for balance.

When signups are closed, I will randomize all the Pokemon and roles and assign them out. You are guaranteed to NOT get either of the things you posted in the thread, and it is also guaranteed that no Pokemon/role pair posted in the thread will be paired together.

So, for example, say player X posted “Charmander/inspector.” Player X will be guaranteed not to be Charmander and also not to be the inspector; someone else will be Charmander, and some third person will be the inspector.

Flavor descriptions of deaths, etc. will reflect the flavors of the roles, but I will make efforts not to make flavor too obvious. (I.e. if there’s only one Fire-type in the game and it gets assigned as scum, the night's scum faction kill won’t be burning the victim to death.)

If the roles posted in the thread are tilted too heavily in favor of scum, I’ll split them up into two factions. If there are too few scum roles posted, I reserve the right to change some posted roles into scum. If I make any of these changes, I’ll disclose it before the first night begins.

GENERAL RULES
  • If you don’t speak during the day phase once, you get a warning. Fail to speak for two day phases, and you’re dead.
  • If you have a night action and don’t send it in once, you get a warning and your night action isn’t used (except the scum faction(s), for whom if the night kill isn’t sent in, they’ll get a warning and it’ll be randomized). Fail to send it in twice, and you’re dead. Sending in “abstain” counts as sending it in.
  • You don’t have to use your night action, but you must tell me if you’d like to refrain from using it.
  • The only players who can communicate out-of-game are the scum faction(s) and any others whose roles explicitly include out-of-game communication. I'll start a Quicktopic thread or threads for this purpose so they can be shared upon the game's end along with the role descriptions and night action log.
  • Phases will last 2 days.

Have at it! Signups are open until we get 10+ people or three days from now, whichever happens first.

Exeggutor, and

Although you are aligned with the mafia faction, you prefer to work on your own. As such, you do not know the other mafia members’ identities, and the mafia does not know of you. At the beginning of the game, you start with THE BOMB. You can choose to pass it on to another player during the night phase. The player who receives THE BOMB will be able to pass it on to another player during the next night phase, but in doing so, there is a 1 in 10 chance that it will explode, killing the person before they can get rid of it. If a player does not pass on THE BOMB, it will explode automatically. If THE BOMB has already exploded, you may create another.

Pikachu - Lightning Rod.

*this really should have been paired but whatever I did not read well enough and thought it WOULD be paired my mistake

Aaaaand signups are closed. Role PMs going out momentarily. 48 hours for night actions, or until I have them all in.

I made the following changes to the roles:
  • The Bomber can communicate with the Strongman because otherwise there wouldn't be a real mafia faction, just three separate anti-town individuals. The Bomber cannot carry out the mafia kill after the Strongman dies. The Strongman, Bomber and Traitor are the only mafia; everyone else is innocent-aligned.
  • The Inventor's healing invention can protect from the Bomb and the Poisoner, but not the Strongman's attack.
  • The Bulletproof is one-shot and can withstand any night kill once, including the Strongman's attack.
  • The Lightningrod is at-will rather than always turned on.
  • The Gladiator/The Thing is one-shot rather than the two-shot I've most recently seen MF use.
  • I made up almost all of my own effects for the Dreaming God, so you don't have any idea what to expect~

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom