• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

I put the "x" in pixel

sorrryyyy

oh noooo why did you have to ask that
I'm not sure whether it's based on anything, it's just a mammal-thing with a long tail haha
A weird earless dog? idek

sorrryyyy

oh noooo why did you have to ask that
I'm not sure whether it's based on anything, it's just a mammal-thing with a long tail haha
A weird earless dog? idek

It might just be me, but Bountail has a build, similar to that of a Griffon. Nice sprites, though :D

@ Torronto: actually, one of the fossil pokes is going to be a griffin (oops spoilers) :B Bountail is just a mysterious mammal-thing.

Continuing with the same based-off-nothing-really theme, here's the early route bird which happens to be a two-stager, because we're different (actually we just never came up with a middle stage haha).
ex_1.png

Rashee - HOPPING POKÉMON
normal/flying
ex_2.png

Exbinar - VAIN BIRD POKÉMON
normal/flying

the idea here is that Rashee has a hard time flying because its wings are too small but it still tries really hard. When it evolves, it gets more fly-able wings but also fancy tailfeathers, so it gets lazy and just sits around showing off.
ignore the fact that the feathers kinda ended up looking like leaves fuck this

EDIT: moar

ocu_1.png

Ocuseed - SEED POKÉMON
grass
ocu_2.png

Sprocular - SEEING SPROUT POKÉMON
grass/psychic
ocu_3.png

Flocular - FLOWER EYE POKÉMON
grass/psychic

Last edited:
I'll just double-post because I have two new lines I sprited today O:

First one is one of my all-time favourites, in names, idea and design (ALL CREDIT FOR THE DESIGN GOES TO MY SISTER SHE IS A GENIUS):

kar_1.png

Karoto - CHALK POKÉMON
ground
kar_22-1.png

Judom - CHALK POKÉMON
ground/fighting
(probably gonna edit the pose a bit very soon so no need to crit it)
done, now with less falling-on-my-face action

Now before you go WHY ISNT IT A GRASS TYPE, here's some dex info for you:
Karoto's body is mostly composed of chalk so it would collapse if it wasn't for the flower that it plants on its head. The roots of the flower keep its body together and allow it to move around without crumbling. The flower itself doesn't give the pokemon any special powers, it's merely a skeleton of sorts.
When it evolves, the roots have grown so so strong they allow the newly-evolved Judom to perform all kinds of kicks and punches. Judom is very flexible and bouncy because of the roots supporting it.

Aaaaaand here's the second one:

eye_1.png

Sneyel - HYPNOTIC SLUG POKÉMON
psychic/poison
eye_2.png

Polyel - HYPNOTIC POKÉMON
psychic/poison

fairly trippy and why yes it is a second fakemon line based around EYES
EYES ARE COOL OKAY idek why we have all these eyemons

(both of these designs are originally pre-third gen, so OLD; I merely messed with the coloration of Polyel but it's basically the same)

EDIT: you're probably asking, 'where is the trippy you asshole?'
it's right here
tripdoodles.gif

might need some other effects too but im too lazy atm

Last edited:
Give the leaf bird a different coloration, srsly.

I... really don't like the slug. It's ugly but not Maggyugly. Maybe make the eyes more interesting? Atm they look a bit deformed.

Ocuseed is awesome, as is the chalk guys.

I don't know why but I just love Flocular ;~; It's easily my favourite Fakemon that I've seen. I keep thinking its name is Florocular though, heh.

And I think Polyel looks a bit weird because its eyes have no shading?

@ Kam: I will, my sister is coming home today so we can figure out a better colour okay
and yes, they're a bit deformed, but if I make them perfect circles they look even weirder ? aaagh too many eyes
thanks C:

@ blazheirio: thanks!
also whooooops my mistake, gotta fix that

EDIT: boop
ex_11.png
ex_21.png

are they more fabulous now

yes.gif
yes.gif
yes.gif
yes.gif

Last edited:
LEGENDARY BINGE
(we had a really productive redesign-brainstorm session last night with my sister, we redesigned all the legendaries !!!!)

So, here's the 'Groudon/Kyogre' duo for this dex, 'Rayquaza' coming later today hopefully:

met_dormant.png

Metrailit/Dormant Forme - METEORITE POKÉMON
rock

met_active.png

Metrailit/Active Forme
fire/rock

com_dormant.png

Cometrice/Dormant Forme COMET POKÉMON
ground

com_active.png

Cometrice/Active Forme
ice/ground

FORMES
FORMES EVERYWHERE

(JUST WAIT FOR THE THIRD LEGENDARY, THERE WILL BE MORE)

EDIT: heeere it is
weirdest legendary or weirdest legendary???

equ_balance.png

Equilance/Balanced Forme - BALANCE POKÉMON
ghost/psychic

equ_imbalance_ghost.png

Equilance/Imbalanced Forme
ghost

equ_imbalance_psychic.png

psychic

it's supposed to be eccentric and alien-looking in case you were wondering
and no, its name is not related to my username (equilibrium + balance)

Last edited:
LEGENDARY BINGE
(we had a really productive redesign-brainstorm session last night with my sister, we redesigned all the legendaries !!!!)

So, here's the 'Groudon/Kyogre' duo for this dex, 'Rayquaza' coming later today hopefully:

met_dormant.png

rock

met_active.png

Metrailit/Active Forme
fire/rock

com_dormant.png

Cometrice/Dormant Forme METEORITE POKÉMON
ground

com_active.png

Cometrice/Active Forme
ice/ground

FORMES
FORMES EVERYWHERE

equ_balance.png

ghost/psychic

equ_imbalance_ghost.png

ghost

psychic

It's like

God

Came down from heaven

And gave me a cookie.

So what's the story behind these guys? Do the first two have to be in the same Forme for the other guy to be balanced, or something? Because that seems like a viable explanation to me.
Probably comeletely wrong but

Oh and also you are a very talented spriter. I wish I had the skills you people have.

Last edited:
Thanks
but pleeeeaase guys/girls don't quote my hugeass posts (or at least omit the images or something) it makes everything cluttery and awful ;_;

@ Squorn: Almost right! You gotta have both/neither of the meteor/comet pokemons in your party and it'll be in the balanced forme O:
If you only have Cometrice, it'll be in the psychic-type forme and only Metrailit equals the ghost-type one.
Whether the other pokemons are in their dormant/active formes doesn't matter.

LEGENDARY BINGE

met_dormant.png

rock

met_active.png

Metrailit/Active Forme
fire/rock

com_dormant.png

Cometrice/Dormant Forme METEORITE POKÉMON
ground

com_active.png

Cometrice/Active Forme
ice/ground

FORMES
FORMES EVERYWHERE

equ_balance.png

ghost/psychic

equ_imbalance_ghost.png

ghost

psychic

GURL YOU CRAZY. Pretty unique ideas, though. I especially like Metrailit and Cometrice.

Thanks, but
me said:
but pleeeeaase guys/girls don't quote my hugeass posts (or at least omit the images or something) it makes everything cluttery and awful ;_;
I can tell what you're referring to without the quotes okay :C
can y'all please edit your posts to remove the quotes completely or something, it's hard to read the replies like this

@ Squorn: it's mostly plot-related stuff (we have a plot thought out even though this isn't gonna be a game, derp), plus the Dormant formes have Rock Head, and the signature move of the duo (Crash Land) causes heavy recoil (plus its type is determined by the users' first type, i.e. dormant formes get rock and ground and active formes fire and ice).

Yes, thank you C:

Here's a new, fabulous non-legendary line straight from the oven:

peg_1.png

Pegasulk - SHY HORSE POKÉMON
dark

peg_2.png

Pegasteed - SOUL EATING POKÉMON
dark/flying

HOW DO I HORSE ANATOMY HURR DURR

I didn't intend to make these so fabulously violet/pink but all the other combinations I tried looked like shit :Y
(has nothing to do with mlp mind you this concept is old plus I dont pony)

@ wolftamer: errr, nope, and... nope.

Me not knowing anything aside, here's some more!

bee_1.png

Buzbee - FUZZY BEE POKÉMON
bug

bee_2.png

Ablebe - THIEVING BEE POKÉMON
bug/dark

also if I hear one 'it doesn't look like a bee' I will very certainly ragequit this whole thing and replace all the images with sprited dicks

buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

brain.png

Braintle - HIVE MIND POKÉMON
bug/psychic
(note: an older sprite that I just cleaned up a bit)

Back
Top Bottom