• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

tumblr_mfjkodWV1w1r80bgvo1_r1_1280.png

Thanks! Now I don't need to keep the eqd posts that link to them unread on google reader intending to get around to them eventually :P

Am I the only person who finds baby ponies really creepy-looking? That Applejack will give me nightmares. She wants to eat my soul. ;_;

(They're adorable once they're the Cutie Mark Crusaders' age, though.)

Rainbow Dash writes Mary-Sue fanfiction, hahahaha. She would. And Rarity would be very unimpressed. This episode had very fun character interactions; I think it's somewhere in my top ten favorites.

I can't properly put into words why Rarity is so my favorite pony but she is.

All caught up because my DS is out of batteries and I have nothing else to keep me occupied at 2 in the morning.

Liked this episode. I knew pretty early what the moral was going to be but it kept me guessing on what way around it was going to be. Was it Rainbow Dash or her partner whose name I can't remember who needed the lesson learning? Who would explain it to them, and what would the consequences be? Gripping stuff!

Did we see what the care package looked like before muscley pony caught it, because I didn't and had no idea what it was until the end when Pinkie Pie had it.

I really like Granny Smith. The more we see or her when she was younger, the more I like her. I just wish they'd do more with her when she's old other than having her doing old people things like having a bad hip and false teeth. This episode was pretty good with that though.

I still think there's a trend towards humanlike poses being more common. There was a lot of sitting down like a human would on a chair in this episode.

The Wilhelm scream caught me off guard, so it made me laugh. I saw the Hobbit the other week and I expected it what with it being all of the lotr films.

Oh, and right at the beginning, I cant hear past AJ's accent, did she say gesundheit or gesundhoof? Maybe I'm overly anticipating really bad puns. :P

Impressive animation on the timber wolves. The way they were drawn wasn't that consistent with anything else in the show but I still liked it. I thought Spike would have defeated them with fire breath though, since this episode shows pretty clearly that they're actually made of wood!

EDIT:
Am I the only person who finds baby ponies really creepy-looking?
No, you're not.

Last edited:
I thought Spike at Your Service was a poor episode. Frankly, it felt insipid, uninspired, and hackneyed to me.

Final Rating: 4/10

While it certainly was not the most interesting premise of all time, a lot of the character interactions really helped make up for it. I found the fake timberwolf scene quite funny.

so i /finally/ got around to finishing watching all the episodes

i still don't know whether rainbow dash, fluttershy or applejack is my favorite pony, i love them all for different reasons

So my local comicbook store has some of the MLP comic in stock. I didn't see what issue it was since it was only from a distance but Applejack features quite prominently on the front. The only cover I could find like that is an issue 1 cover so I assume it's that.

Has anyone here read it, if so is it any good?

Also while looking for the different covers I noticed the covers for the second issue looks like it was drawn by cartoonlion. I can't find a site that lists who drew what covers but if that is the case I'm not sure I'd get it because I wouldn't be comfortable getting one that has a cover drawn by someone who does r34. From what I can tell that isn't the case but I just want to make sure.

Most pony sites surprisingly are quite unhelpful while scouring them for information.

Scorpio looks pretty cool.

So my local comicbook store has some of the MLP comic in stock. I didn't see what issue it was since it was only from a distance but Applejack features quite prominently on the front. The only cover I could find like that is an issue 1 cover so I assume it's that.

Has anyone here read it, if so is it any good?

I own a digital copy (i.e., it has all of the covers, as far as I know) and it's actually quite a fun read. The art is amusing and well-done, and there's something of an emphasis on action. The writer has the fanbase in mind.

My only complaint is that it felt short, but I am told this is an average length for western comics (which I am not really acquainted with).

Back
Top Bottom