• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

I thought they were pretty plain at first but Mega Gallade is starting to look better to me now that I see its two cape-wings, and Mega Camerupt I can appreciate from the screenshot (I don't care for the Sugimori art pretty much at all). Mega Sharpedo looks like a mess, though, only five of its teeth are even teeth and the rest are just its jaw shape.

Oddly enough the saw-blades on its nose aren't present in the screenshot

When I first saw Mega Camerupt, I thought it was a Magcargo.
Wally would look okay if his hair weren't so long.

Last edited:
Other than the head, Mega Camerupt does look like it should be Mega Magcargo. Magcargo has two double weaknesses so it could do with a little boost, but we probably have enough Megas now.

Do we know whether the champion will be Wallace or Steven yet? Personally I hope it's Steven.

I really like Mega Gallade, I don't care what anyone says. The lineup is probably a little weaker than last month's, but it still works. They also haven't revealed any details on Mega Gallade's ability or possible type changes or stat boosts or anything. We'll see.

Champion was confirmed to be Steven a little while back.

Don't know who Wally is because I've never played Gen III! So I don't have any opinion on his redesign.

Mega Gallade is pretty cool! They didn't change him that much, I guess, but he's still pretty cool! He looks a lot more organic.

Mega Camerupt is not that great. It's pretty typical; turn two small volcanoes into one large volcano, add lava. Bake until ruddy orange.

Mega Sharpedo is really cool! Though it looks like it contracted Pinnochio syndrome or something.

Also, apparently this is a thing:
Bulbagarden Article said:
Primal Groudon has the new Ability 「おわりのだいち」 Land of Endings, which causes intense sunlight; Primal Groudon also has the new move 「だんがいのつるぎ」 Cliff Sword. Primal Kyogre has the new Ability 「はじまりのうみ」 Sea of Beginnings, which causes rain; Primal Kyogre also has the new move 「こんげんのはどう」 Primordial Pulse. The duration this weather lasts is not specified. Rayquaza is said to be related to the secret of Mega Evolution.
The abilities had better last for the entire battle, or else they're completely useless! Also that last bit is really ominous, I'm kind of excited to see what that means.

( Whole article here )

I do think that those weathers will be like the weather pre nerf. I think it would make the most sense.

I do think that those weathers will be like the weather pre nerf. I think it would make the most sense.

I hope that's the case, otherwise a new ability for them seems a bit pointless. Especially as they used to be signature abilities but I think a fair few others can have Drought and Drizzle now.

I am very intrigued by Rayquaza supposedly being linked to the secret of Mega Evolution though. This makes me think that, like HG/SS mixed in elements of Crystal as well, that OR/AS will mix in some Emerald elements as well as the obvious R/S ones - in particular, Rayquaza playing a bigger role than he did in R/S.

I'm sure MF in particular will agree with me when I say the more Rayquaza, the better.

... Anyway, all of mega camerupt, mega sharpedo, and mega gallade look ridiculous, and I love them for it. Camerupt especially. It looks like mega gallade should be part-flying, though, almost, which is more distracting than anything.

Don't know who Wally is because I've never played Gen III! So I don't have any opinion on his redesign.

He wears red and white stripes and is hard to spot.

In America he's called "Waldo"

EDIT: It seems like I can preorder either the one that comes with a figurine OR the one that comes in a metal case. Not both. Decisions, decisions. I still haven't decided which version I want, either. Do we know if there's going to be character customisation yet?

Last edited:
To confirm, the new Primal Weather abilities do in fact have the ability to last for the entire battle. They also can't be fizzled out by using other weather moves. In addition to that, strong sunlight makes Water-type moves fail all the time, while the same is true for Fire-type moves and strong rain. The exclusive moves to the primal forms seem to be strong attacks that hit multiple targets in Doubles and Triples, if I'm remembering correctly.

Basically, the new gives Groudon a fighting chance against Water-types that would normally have a 4x edge on him. So it's pretty ridiculous.

What happens when Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon go into battle together? Does the former's ability fizzle out?

With regular Groudon and regular Kyogre, which one takes effect is randomized. So I'd bet my chips on that. Although it'd be pretty interesting if they did something different with it...

Super-weather is a welcome thing, although it probably will not see much competitive use. I'm really interested to see the legitimate role Rayquaza has to play, too. (more megas?)

also MEGA GALLADE HAS A CAPE AND IS MORE FABULOUS THAN I COULD HAVE EVER IMAGINED.

Only because it will be automatically banned. Banned from Ubers, even. Seriously, the primal legendaries are way too OP.
I keep seeing people claim that and it frankly baffles me. The superweathers are pretty strong, but have you seen the ubers metagame?

Back
Top Bottom