• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Misc. Database Typos/Minor Mistakes

I was perusing the database looking for ways to make sig moves or sig tribs (because that's the hip thing right now, yo) and the description on Strong Jaw's TOUGH CLAWS' ability page says it multiplies the damage by 1.25x.

I don't know who to trust anymore.

Last edited:
I was perusing the database looking for ways to make sig moves or sig tribs (because that's the hip thing right now, yo) and the description on Strong Jaw's TOUGH CLAWS' ability page says it multiplies the damage by 1.25x.

I don't know who to trust anymore.

Ummm tbh I'm not sure which it's supposed to be. I think blazhy wrote the ability description, and Zhorken probably just pulled the summary from veekun, so I don't know if blazhy's thing was a mistake or not. Thankfully I now get to put these decision-making procedures in the hands of MF!!! instead of myself. It'll probably be fixed tonight, one way or another.

Sunny Day's description only mentions Moonlight and Morning Sun as restoring more health than normal, but Synthesis is also boosted.

Weather Ball's description might need to specify which types it changes to depending on which weather effect is in play? There are also some special interactions that might need to be added as notes.

Facade's notes section might need to mention that it ignores the Attack drop from burns.

Bulldoze's summary should change to "Has a 100% chance to lower each target's Speed by one stage." to match Icy Wind.

This might be splitting hairs, but "the target" should be changed to "each target" in the summaries for Bubble, Cotton Spore, Growl, Heal Block, Lava Plume, Leer, Muddy Water, Powder Snow, Relic Song, Searing Shot, Sludge Wave, Snarl, Struggle Bug, Tail Whip, Twister, and Venom Drench because they target multiple Pokemon.

Bide might need to mention that it hits the last Pokemon that damaged the user.

The summaries and notes of Revenge and Avalanche should probably be the same, I think?

Sunny Day's description only mentions Moonlight and Morning Sun as restoring more health than normal, but Synthesis is also boosted.

Weather Ball's description might need to specify which types it changes to depending on which weather effect is in play? There are also some special interactions that might need to be added as notes.

Facade's notes section might need to mention that it ignores the Attack drop from burns.

Bulldoze's summary should change to "Has a 100% chance to lower each target's Speed by one stage." to match Icy Wind.

This might be splitting hairs, but "the target" should be changed to "each target" in the summaries for Bubble, Cotton Spore, Growl, Heal Block, Lava Plume, Leer, Muddy Water, Powder Snow, Relic Song, Searing Shot, Sludge Wave, Snarl, Struggle Bug, Tail Whip, Twister, and Venom Drench because they target multiple Pokemon.

Bide might need to mention that it hits the last Pokemon that damaged the user.

The summaries and notes of Revenge and Avalanche should probably be the same, I think?

do you just sit around looking for work for me to do (I fixed a mistake in the Heal Block description that you didn't notice, by the way)

I think Bide can actually be directed at a specific target in ASB, but I forget. I don't really feel like looking it up right now. edit: jk I looked

I do kind of wonder how a Pokémon is supposed to make contact with multiple foes at once when using multi-target Leer... And Tail Whip doesn't make sense anymore, haha. paging MF to rewrite a description about the Pokémon wagging its tail cutely (also, pls to write descriptions for the ~textures~ of the Weather Balls)

paging MF to rewrite a description about the Pokémon wagging its tail cutely (also, pls to write descriptions for the ~textures~ of the Weather Balls)
The appearances of altered Weather Balls generally just consist of the obvious; I'd assume that putting four different varieties on "Fire-type; fiery" in there wouldn't be necessary. (Fog and Strong Winds would be the only cases where that wouldn't happen, but then in both of those cases a) there's no different in-game animation anyway and b) it's simple enough to assume they'd take after their respective weather conditions in texture).

Tail Whip has a new description now, though.

The appearances of altered Weather Balls generally just consist of the obvious; I'd assume that putting four different varieties on "Fire-type; fiery" in there wouldn't be necessary. (Fog and Strong Winds would be the only cases where that wouldn't happen, but then in both of those cases a) there's no different in-game animation anyway and b) it's simple enough to assume they'd take after their respective weather conditions in texture).

But the list looks so empty now the way it is... :(

not necessarily a mistake, but downright odd:

Mirror Coat flavour said:
The user covers itself in a shimmering coat of rainbow force
Magic Coat flavour said:
The user shimmers with a mirror coating

Maybe flip those...

I thought that might be a quirk of in-game animations or anime depictions, but it isn't the case. Mirror Coat and Magic Coat are normally depicted as monochromatic, pink and yellow respectively, but Stadium 2 features an actual mirrored texture for Mirror Coat while Colosseum's Magic Coat features rainbow streaks, so I guess that would also corroborate swapping those descriptors around. I'll swap them around, then.

Defog is flagged as Sneaky in the database, but according to bulbapedia its evasion debuff no longer affects opponents behind a substitute. Since it still clears Reflect, hazards, etc. behind subs I think Sneaky is appropriate, but the description should probably mention that.

Ah, yeah, that makes sense. I ripped the sneaky flag from the games, but a lot of the flags are kind of weird, and it doesn't surprise me at all that there's a weird edge case, hahah.

(Heal Bell is still flagged as sound-based despite the fact that it isn't actually affected by Soundproof anymore, and there's literally nothing else that uses that flag. It looks like I unflagged that one manually in the ASBdb, though.)

EDIT: Hmm, I've added the note but I only just noticed that Bulbapedia said that changed in Gen V, and I wouldn't be surprised if it changed back in Gen VI, since they buffed it a ton. I guess I'll test it (or if someone else wants to that'd be great).

Last edited:
http://asb.dragonflycave.com/items/sun-stone

Summary said:
Restores 2% of the holder's health and energy after each action during strong sunlight. Helps certain Pokémon evolve.
Description said:
A red-orange, spiky stone roughly in the shape of a starburst. When Sunny Day is in effect, a Pokémon holding this item regains 2% health and 2% energy per round.
I imagine that the description is correct in this case, but idk.

Actually, the Sun Stone was supposed to be strictly more powerful than the Moon Stone (1% health and energy per action) when it's actually in effect because the conditions are harder to put in place. At least, that's how the effect for the Moon Stone was decided upon a while ago. I don't know if that was also a misunderstanding, though, in which case the Moon Stone should probably be correspondingly weakened.

noooo dont nerf sun stone that was the whole reason i bought one ; ;
it's only 18% health and energy assuming you can actually keep sun in effect and hold onto your item; you almost certainly won't get all of that.

Yea, sun stone seems really easy to beat. Most pokemon get a weather changing move or an item stealing/removing one, so it's not incredibly OP

That's true... Per-round would make it about as good as Leftovers, and only while the sun's out on top of that. Plus I suppose either way, I was just aiming to correct it, not change it, so if that's what most people thought it was, it makes more sense to go with that.

Last edited:
It should probably say in Hustle's database entry that it affects damaging moves only. And speaking of Hustle, nothing ever came of this; do you think it should affect only physical attacks in ASB as in the games? (Also, this doesn't go here, but I do wonder if Hustle will ever be un-nerfed as has been I think extensively discussed.)

Back
Top Bottom