• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

WALL-E: The Best Disney & Pixar yet?

Was WALL-E awesome?

• Yes, it was awesome

Votes: 42 60.9%
  • No, it stunk like rotten cheese on Earth day

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I haven't seen it

Votes: 26 37.7%

• Total voters
Your name is epic, Foreign Containment. :D

Yeah, WALL-E's my favorite Pixar movie so far. I have no idea how Pixar's gonna top it. It has what may be the best pacing of any animated movie I've seen so far (I watched Ratatouille afterwards and got whiplash), and I love how pretty much no line of dialog was wasted. Also loved how freaking WELL the emotion was conveyed in characters that not only barely speak, but don't even have mouths. There's also the fact that they were able to make the love between a trash compactor and an environmental probe not only seem convincing, but compelling and flat-out adorable. And Peter Gabriel...Gah, such an amazing movie. :3

Also, the next person who said this movie was boring needs to be punched in the face. Seriously, lrn 2 subtlety, people. Not everything has to be in-your-face and fast-paced.

I liked the film, but I won't be going around and saying its the best Pixar has to offer. The atmosphere was fantastic, and many scenes brought me close to crying.(though I doubt anything will top Wilson[a volleyball XD] floating away in the movie Cast Away) Many things irked me though. For starters, the movie was trying to be too sad at times...such as when Wall-E runs over his pet Cockroach. Also, the movie didn't have as much of an impact on me because of the fact that it is a family film. That forced them to do the cheesy and unoriginal "kiss reviving memories" instead of the bittersweet ending that would have made the movie even more powerful. Come to think of it, most romance movies do this. Still, the movie is a wonderful one, and still had a great impact on me. I say its 8/10.

I don't think Pixar would've gotten away with leaving WALL-E without his personality or any memory of EVE or her love. Plus, it definitely felt right. The "magic spark" between them had been shown earlier in the movie (the scene right after the escape pod explodes and Wall-E and Eve shuffle around in space with the fire extinguisher) so it's not like it was "out of nowhere" and it didn't seem like it was fabricated just for that last scene.

Plus, the emotion building up between the viewer and Wall-E and Eve by this point in the movie definitely made you want to believe it.

As I've said before, this movie is fucking brilliant
Best Pixar film to date easily and I'm a Pixar addict so I love nearly all their movies.

Brilliant story, brilliant characters, brilliant animation, brilliant voicework at the times when there were voices, and as Skymin pointed out, brilliant pacing.

everything about this movie is magnificent and I love the hell out of it
also, motherfucking peter gabriel <3

For starters, the movie was trying to be too sad at times...such as when Wall-E runs over his pet Cockroach.

... that was not meant to be sad.

Brilliant story, brilliant characters, brilliant animation, brilliant voicework at the times when there were voices, and as Skymin pointed out, brilliant pacing.

everything about this movie is magnificent and I love the hell out of it
also, motherfucking peter gabriel <3

this. although I rolled my eyes at Also sprach Zarathustra.

Pixar can stop now. They've done it; if there is any justice in this world, The Dark Knight will lose Best Picture to Wall-E (or vice versa, I suppose).

I have no idea what they intend to do next that won't seem trivial in comparison.

Last edited:
I have no idea what they intend to do next that won't seam trivial in comparison.
I assume you're asking rhetorically, but whatever:

link
link
link
link
link

yes, they actually are making a Cars 2. why this ever seemed like a good idea, I can't imagine, but I'm pretty sure it's Disney's fault and it's mostly to sell merchandise.

goddamn Disney.

I'm only looking forward to Cars 2 because I have an irrational love for the first one.
Realistically though, they could've picked a ton of better movies to make a sequel for.
It seems to me Disney's just looking to make a shitload of money again in 2011 marketing a ton of toys. (have you /seen/ how many Cars toys there are? god.)

EDIT: oh
you said that
am I going blind or did you edit that post

I have heard absolutely nothing about Up other than the fact that it exists.
So I'm looking forward to it

also, opal, I believe he was referring to the end of the movie, when Wall-E drives unsympathetically over the cockroach after losing his personality. You're thinking of the scene at the beginning of the movie, where he runs over it and then panics and reverses and kneels down to make sure it's alive.

The former was definitely meant to be sad, and definitely was
but... it was during a sad scene
so I don't see why that's such a bad move for it to be sad? o_O

Cars 2 will most probably suck. They are also releasing all of the TOy Story movies in 3-D

Toy Story 3 and Cars 2? Damn Disney, stop milking all the good movies. You killed The Lion King by making 1 and 1/2, now you're going to kill Cars and Toy Story? Thanks alot. Although Up does seem interesting.

Anyways. Saw Wall-E awhile back. I have to say of all the Disney and Pixar movies I've seen, it has to be my third favorite after Cars and A Bug's Life. It was so sweet and it was a love story. Although I do hate how they threw in that evil robot out of nowhere.

If you're talking about Otto, he was definitely like the third most important robot in the movie. The plot wouldn't have been the same without Otto.

I'm predicting that Cars 2 will be a lot better than Cars. Tom Lasseter's not directing it this time, he's handing it to the guy that directed Ratatouille.
Not that I have anything against Lasseter.
Just a prediction, who knows if it'll be right, but I've got a hunch.

Last edited:
I bet Cars 2 will be a good, entertaining movie. But honestly, why did it have to be Cars that gets a sequel? It's easily the worst out of the eight Pixar movies, and more importantly, it doesn't need a sequel, what with Lightning already being the world champion! (or something, I forget the details) If you're going to make a sequel, make it of the Incredibles, which kicked ass and has a lot of potential for another installment.

Actually, IIRC, the guy also directed The Incredibles as well as Ratatouille, so it should be pretty good. But I haven't seen the first Cars.

I didn't say it came out of nowhere. However, it felt too cliched. I'm also not saying that the movie shouldn't have been sad, but it felt at points that it was trying a little hard. Those flaws doesn't change the fact that I love the movie. It has the wonderful, atmospheric feel that few things can capture. This is definately a favorite of mine, alongside The Dark Knight and Gojira.

I'm also curious to see how Toy Story 3 will turn out. I love the movies, but I'm a little worried that they will completly massacre it.(like what the Mieser Brother's Christmas did trying to be like the old christmas specials) Cars 2 hopefully will live up to the first, but The Incredibles 2 is more deserving of a sequel.

I bet Cars 2 will be a good, entertaining movie. But honestly, why did it have to be Cars that gets a sequel? It's easily the worst out of the eight Pixar movies, and more importantly, it doesn't need a sequel, what with Lightning already being the world champion! (or something, I forget the details) If you're going to make a sequel, make it of the Incredibles, which kicked ass and has a lot of potential for another installment.
The Incredibles had a sequel which was a game; Rise of the Underminer.

Though yeah. Toy Story could have a sequel. But not Cars.

(Cars had has two games, both of them sucked ass, and I don't consider games canon anyway.)

But I agree that an Incredibles sequel would've been much more appropriate. They even hinted at a sequel in the end. :/

Yeah but they were just racing games. They don't count as sequels.

The Incredibles 2 would've been so awesome.
Wall-E 2 wouldn't really work.

Anyway I hope they don't ruin cars (probably will)

Yeah but they were just racing games. They don't count as sequels.

The Incredibles 2 would've been so awesome.
Wall-E 2 wouldn't really work.

Anyway I hope they don't ruin cars (probably will)

The Incredibles 2 WOULD be amazing. As long as they would bring Edna Mode back, I'd totally go see it.

I would probably burn Disney/Pixar if they did a WALL-E 2, because undoubtedly it would ruin WALL-E.

...um, you guys do know that Pixar have a policy about sequels, right? You know, "No sequels unless we can really make something that's as good or better than the original"?

They're not going to make WALL-E 2. If they're making Cars 2 and Toy Story 3, they're doing it because they have something good to do with it. I'd think they could make a Cars sequel better than the original, since the original mostly suffered from the generic, clichéd storyline and it would be easy to improve on it. :/

I hope they do make a sequel to Cars, because it was... well, boring compared to their other movies.

Yeah, I have tons of faith that Pixar would not go anywhere near a sequel unless they had something really good planned for it. Which is why I'm looking forward to Cars 2 and Toy Story 3.

Back
Top Bottom