• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Obsessive Scribblers Awards Night

You forgot to put down 'Most Rainbowgasmic' on that post you just made. :D

But it doesn't really matter only one person was nominated for that and it's on the first page of this thread so.

I didn't put it precisely for that reason. I left out all the ones where only one person was nominated because it is pointless to relist them! I'm only showing the ones that can be voted for.

Oh and seriously people, don't be afraid to PM me. I don't eat off your hands and it only will take a few minutes of your time!

Oh. That makes sense! Nevermind, pretend I was never here~

I don't eat off your hands

SHE'S LYING ARYLETT ATE MY HANDS YESTERDAY D: No she won't people. No she won't.

But it's obvious that people DO think I'll eat their hands. >:

So um, since this whole PM thing doesn't seem to be working out... I haven't gotten a single one... (the reason I put votes as being PMed is because I wanted to announce those who won dramatically and everyone to be all GASP I WON? like in actual awards shows) I'll just turn the votes to public. You now must submit your votes in the thread. And I'll jolt the deadline a few days too. It's now November 24th.

Sowwy Arylett, I've been away from the 10th to the 12th, and also been doing heaps of homework so not much time to come on. Sowwy

|| Best Shading ||
A Very OS Halloween by Zora of Termina

|| Best Anatomy ||
Halloween OS by Saith

|| Most Creative ||
First Annual OScars by Mini Moonwalker

|| Most Entertaining ||
The OS goes Trick-or-Treating by Littlestream

|| Fantastic Crammer ||
OScars Base by Kinova

I'm so sorry! I'm just a lazy procrastinator who's finally decided to get off her lazy procrastinating butt and vote.

Best Shading: A Very OS Halloween by Zora of Termina
Best Anatomy: Halloween OS by Saith
Most Creative: Linoone went Trick or Treating. by Mai (dragonair)
Most Entertaining: Halloween for the OS by Foamy (Blastoise)
Fantastic Crammer: OScars base by Kinova

Your votes are put in, yes, yessirah.

I'd also highly recommend more people vote, because... there aren't really enough yet to determine who would win and we're getting close to the deadline.

I'd mention that voting's going on in the main OS thread if you want votes, Aryett; some of the others may not be following this thread.

Best Shading: A Very OS Halloween by Zora of Termina
Best Anatomy: First Annual OScars by Mini Moonwalker
Most Creative: Halloween OS by Saith
Most Entertaining: A Very OS Halloween by Zora of Termina
Fantastic Crammer: The OS goes Trick-or-Treating by Littlestream

Hmm? I'm not really seeing any votes in the OS Club... people are talking about Artmo. Huh. Well, I was going to give voting one FINAL extension anyways... last chance, November 28, 2010. After that? I'm not giving anymore.

Your votes have been added, Miss Cake, yes.

The Zora pokes her head back in after a while, looking around. "So Georgio isn't here then...?" She breathes a sigh of relief. "Well good! I thought I was gonna have to deal with creepy stalking sahi- VOTES! RIGHT!"

And she walks up to hand in her ballots.

Most Rainbowgasmic: Mini Moonwalker

Best Anatomy: Saith

Most Creative: Kinova

Most Entertaining: Kinova

Fantastic Crammer: Kinova

By the sweet frosty mems of Georgio! Your votes are processed, bloop, bleepings, blip. But please don't vote for categories with only one person in them, that person is considered to have already won and needs no further votings!

Mini Moonwalker walks in with a puppy on a leash. It's a black and white Jack Russel, and almost immedietly Arylett runs to the puppy and squeals, hugging it.

"MJdoggie!" Arylett shouts, as Mini Moonwalker pulls the puppy out of her hands. She puts MJdoggie on the floor and walks to the voting booth, and MJdoggie, which is Michael Jackson as a dog, mutters, "FML FML FML FML FML >C"

Poor guy.

---Fantastic Crammer: Kinova

---Best Anatomy: Saith

---Most Entertaining: Zora of Termina

---Most Creative: Foamy

Mini Moonwalker walked away. She then tripped on a banana peel and cursed under her breath. "I'm so clumsy..." she muttered.

"That's just like you," MJdoggie said as he transformed into Michael Jackson. Mini Moonwalker waved her hand at him and said "You're no fun!" Mini Moonwalker then slipped the banana peel under MJ's feet and he tripped, too. He gave her the evil eye as they walked out, heading to MJ's home - Neverland.

Last edited:
Tee hee. Giggled Arylett. A glorious way to vote, and with STYLE. It wouldn't have been any more stylistic if you had moonwalked your votes in. I think I'm going to Beat It into the voting box, which means, you're in!

Also, I have edited in the name change... I think I got the only one that happened. Been too lazy to do that, ahaha. EDIT: No wait, I missed one. Eh... I'll go fix it tommorow. It's late and I'm just ready to drop dead.

And ooh! Seems we have a tie in Most Creative! WHO WILL WIN?! The suspense is killing me!

Last edited:
Ach, I've been busy once more with college work and I've been meaning to post here but due to my laptop taking a tumble I've not been able to. I've not got time to RP so I'll just write up a ballot;

Best Shading: Moonwalker
Best Anatomy: Moonwalker
Most Creative: Kinova
Most Entertaining: Zora
Fantastic Crammer: Kinova

Ah, it's all good. Thank you for voting! It has been processed and put in, yes, yes.

Oh and I believe I've FINALLY gotten all the name changes...

Hmm? I'm not really seeing any votes in the OS Club... people are talking about Artmo. Huh. Well, I was going to give voting one FINAL extension anyways... last chance, November 28, 2010. After that? I'm not giving anymore.

Nono, I meant you might want to mention that final OScar voting is going on to the people in the the other thread, since they might not realise that it is.

Aaaaah blushing.

All right! So, as you guys know... VOTING IS NOW CLOSED. We've got sufficient ones to determine winners, I'd say. I'm sorry I didn't announce this earlier... some personal issues held me up. But now, I'm gonna start announcing the awards. Here's how this is going to work. I'll do one award per day, not all of it at once. Since it'd be a rather crowded post and it'd give me more time to write up commentary for all the winners too.

So here we go!

------

When all the ballots were finally cast and everyone sat down in their seats, the host let out a loud snore... it seemed she had fallen asleep. Being poked awake by a random Italian man who seemed to be muttering about something called 'sweet frosty mems,' she screamed startledly into her microphone causing a loud noise that hurt everyone's ears. Then she finally perked awake, looked apologetically across the audience, and began to announce the winner of the first category...

Shading is something that many artists struggle to grasp.. but it seems that one has done so quite masterfully. Her piece shows a most excellent example of shading technique, with shadows falling in all the right places. And so... the winner of the || Best Shading || Award is...

A VERY OS HALLOWEEN BY ZORA OF TERMINA!

BestShadingAwardZoT.png

Good Points: Excellent job, Zora. I must say that your shading is quite fantastic. It's definitely more than just dodge and burn; you picked your colours correctly. The sheer amount of detail and effort! I particularly like the shadows beneath people's feet, the shading of the cauldron, and the shading on the ghost. The ghost's shading really helps to create the look of wrinkles, quite realistic! And that tree! Simply marvelous. The shading on it, like the ghost, once again creates the appropriate texture. I like the blueish shade you've put on it. It goes nicely with the night sky. I like the shades of the rainbow-coloured stuff too, it really just pops out at you. Good job with those flags! Once again, by the shading, I can see their creases and folds quite nicely.

Things to Improve: Considering the night sky, things could be a bit... darker and dimmer. For instance, the colour of your hair. It's such a bright red in the darkness. Consider the background around your subjects when you shade. The grass could also have a few more shades on it. Also, on the door step, the person standing there is missing a shadow around their feet. And there could be a few highlights added here and there, lighter areas to made your shading look even more realistic.

But yes! Everyone, give Zora a great round of applause! Good show, good show!

Back
Top Bottom