• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Username Changing

It's thirty days.

For some reason only some name changes are appearing in the username history table; I don't get why. On the other hand, I also just discovered that vBulletin keeps track of changes of profile fields by itself now, so maybe I can modify the hack to just not use the hack's table at all and instead just grab the history from vBulletin's native table.

EDIT: Done! That was easier than I thought it would be. Hovering to see the history should now be working for everyone, even those who changed their names before the hack.

Last edited:
also glad to see there's another mspa fan on here looking at that guy all the way up there.

This was all my idea! See, I was going to change my name to Karkat Vantas after some humorous CG/AG conversations with Frostdawn. After that I convinced her to change her name to Vriska Serket and got Psymon to change his name to Dave Strider.

I'll be changing my name now...

Oh.

If you could make it appear in user profiles as well as next to posts, it would be awesome.

EDIT: Oh, and also in PMs.

Last edited:
okay I was immediately disoriented by 'who is this Bachuru and why are they a mod and why are they making announcements' but yes anyway, hooray for a new hack. \o/

Well um... I don't know if I'm doing it right, but I'm still not seeing any old usernames. You put your mouse over the name, right? Without clicking? Well, that's not working out for me...

Maybe you're testing on people like UV or myself?

You're doing it right, you have to wait a couple seconds though.

You will only see anything if the person has changed their name; could that be it?

okay I was immediately disoriented by 'who is this Bachuru and why are they a mod and why are they making announcements' but yes anyway, hooray for a new hack. \o/

This.

This is going to be so confusing. But it's awesome anyway (Butterfree/Bachuru, I approve of your new avatar).

Everything seems to be in working order now. Excellent. =3 I'm toying with the idea of changing my username... hmm...

You will only see anything if the person has changed their name; could that be it?
Well, I'm hovering over yours... and it's not working. I've tried a number of others as well who I'm certain have changed their names. Tried it for a few seconds just now too. It could be my browser...

EDIT: Yes. It is. I use Opera... it works in IE. Oh well.

If she [Butterfree/Bachuru] changes her name much more I'm gonna just call her Antialiasis.
Dude, I've had the same name for eight years of running this website and the literally one time I change it you start going "If she changes her name much more..."?

Hm, I'm not sure how Opera can not be showing it. It is just a standard title attribute, after all.

Well, I decided to take a third option and went with Yarnchu, for I am pumped for Kirby's Epic Yarn and can't wait till I have the money to buy it.

Plus it goes with my spiffy new avatar and stuff.

Also, being able to hover over a username and see a person's previous usernames is just soooo cool for some reason. I guess I just like the small stuff.

Back
Top Bottom