• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, etc.

My parents still go on about Santa whenever I'm around, and my dad STILL denies, after about 9 years, that it was him who was putting money under my pillow, when I clearly saw him doing it. It's pretty annoying, and it just adds to the problem I have with them seeing me as a little kid and not taking me seriously. I think it would be nicer if they had never bothered with any of that, to tell you the truth.

Honestly? Santa is part of Christmas. Sure, he's nothing but a Coca Cola advertisement, but that's not the point. The belief in Santa Claus - and pretty much every other thing like that - is what added magic to Christmas. It's like, I believed in him until I was 12, maybe? I mean, I knew he didn't exist, but I still went along with it, and let myself get caught up in it all and ting.
And, well, it was magical. You'd go to bed with butterflies in your belly after putting out milk and cookies (and a carrot for Rudolph of course) and you'd go to sleep happy.

And... Well, when I did the typical teenage 'getting insecure about looking like a kid' thing, the magic... Kind of went. Christmas became a time where I had a good meal, and had a good couple of quid. That's it.
I'm not religious, so all it was was... Well, nothing really.

I'd never deny a child of mine the right to experience stuff like that - and I really don't understand all the people talking about trust complexes. I mean goddamn.

If Christmas wasn't designated at this 'holiday for children', that wouldn't happen! If everyone understood that it was about giving gifts to and being close to loved ones, rather than getting a bunch of stuff from a magical figure, it wouldn't ~lose the magic~ because there'd be no weird over-produced magic made for it to lose. It could just be a nice exciting time!

But... The 'magic' is better than the 'not-magic'.
Taking it away because it'll go anyway is... Kind of cruel.

Not really? When you ~lose the magic~ it's disheartening because something you thought was great is gone. This way you can learn to appreciate it in other ways!

Back
Top Bottom