• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Bastard Mafia

cute-beagle-puppies-pictures-1300x709.jpg

2. Every player is an inspector, though by inspecting a player they are unknowingly performing another action, such as healing, roleblocking, or killing. The mafia do not know they are mafia.
Nope. I don't have inspection powers, at least if my PM is to be trusted.

Normally, multiple inspectors in a bastard game means at least one of them isn't getting correct results... It doesn't seem as if different inspectors are getting different results out of the same people, though (JackPK doesn't really count there, but I thiiink there's at least one other player who's been inspected by different inspectors so far).

That said -- I haven't used my power so far, but for those of who are getting inspection results: do all of you have PMs saying you're inspectors, or do some of you have PMs that said something different but you're still getting sniffs out of people instead of what you were actually expecting? And for that matter, if any of you actually have the sniffing power explicit in your PM, is it your only power?

tlrn0tb.jpg

My role PM pretty clearly states that I can sniff people's butts to inspect them (though I guess it doesn't explicitly refer to me as an inspector).

My role PM pretty clearly states that I can sniff people's butts to inspect them (though I guess it doesn't explicitly refer to me as an inspector).

Mine as well.

tumblr_nr2mz3GBrv1qewacoo2_500.jpg

I really like the idea that VM had about our sniffing actually having secret side effects, haha. I wish I could suggest not sniffing anybody for a night, but that's just an incredibly boring use of time. :(

Mine as well.

And given that the only one so far who's actively claimed that's not their role is MF, I say the most logical thing to do is maintain the status quo and lynch MF?

Or not, if we don't want to lynch anybody at all today, but we might as well keep the game moving before it has a chance to stagnate.

I didn't want to be the first to say it, but I have been wondering what MF would have claimed if he hadn't posted about not sniffing butts early on before it became clear that we all seemed to have that power. (on mobile half asleep here is the best I can do: ��)

Just a quick note that even though it's time for the day to be up, I'm not going to be able to be online to tally night actions Saturday night (two days from now), so I'm extending the day phase another day since I'd rather have more discussion than have the game languish in the night phase unnecessarily.

Well, can't say I'm surprised to be on the chopping block. I think I'll take it, though; my power isn't particularly useful, and besides, flipping innocent here and now would be a good way to prove that the game's gimmick isn't actually that all the innocents are buttsniffers (and, more importantly, that the buttsniffers are not necessarily innocent, and in fact there are very good chances at least one of them is scum, so mark my words here for future reference).

So, let's bring the guillotine down on ol' MF, eh?

image-01.jpg

Well, can't say I'm surprised to be on the chopping block. I think I'll take it, though; my power isn't particularly useful, and besides, flipping innocent here and now would be a good way to prove that the game's gimmick isn't actually that all the innocents are buttsniffers (and, more importantly, that the buttsniffers are not necessarily innocent, and in fact there are very good chances at least one of them is scum, so mark my words here for future reference).

So, let's bring the guillotine down on ol' MF, eh?

image-01.jpg

Well, I mean, if you do want to be helpful to the innocents, you could try telling us what your power is, right?

broken dog emoji: 🐕

Well, I mean, if you do want to be helpful to the innocents, you could try telling us what your power is, right?

broken dog emoji: 🐕
Full disclosure doesn't always help the innocents. My power is easy to paint as a convenient mafia claim, so claiming it wouldn't change the poll much, and knowing it was once there also doesn't give the innocents much useful information at all; claiming now wouldn't do a lot more than let the mafia know exactly what they no longer have to worry about. (Just because my power isn't particularly useful doesn't mean it's necessarily useless, ultimately.)

(can't think of an appropriate dog picture for that, so I'll just c/p that thing which doesn't show up as a dog emoji in a laptop: 🐕)

Full disclosure doesn't always help the innocents. My power is easy to paint as a convenient mafia claim, so claiming it wouldn't change the poll much, and knowing it was once there also doesn't give the innocents much useful information at all; claiming now wouldn't do a lot more than let the mafia know exactly what they no longer have to worry about. (Just because my power isn't particularly useful doesn't mean it's necessarily useless, ultimately.)

(can't think of an appropriate dog picture for that, so I'll just c/p that thing which doesn't show up as a dog emoji in a laptop: 🐕)

Haha, yeah, very funny. I'm pretty sure you know very well what bogus reasoning that is, so I'm getting a pretty bad feeling about this... I'm just gonna throw in a vote for our other non-butt-sniffer Altissimo in an attempt to balance things out.

tumblr_mcmca1DylD1qzya49o1_500.jpg

1) i've been seriously focusing my energies on deciphering the other mafia game
2) i don't owe you a 2
3) i don't have any thoughts

Back
Top Bottom