• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Capitalist Democracy Mafia 2: Credit Card Bubble

Oh god, not more broadcasts... I think we all had enough of a time dealing with those in Villainous Pokémafia.

I didn't use my night action last night and my money is where it should be. I don't really have anything to add that hasn't already been said, but it seems reasonable to me that one of the broadcasts is true and the other isn't. $1 to abstain unless we get more info between now and the next night phase

Oh my gooood. I can't believe this! You lazy good-for-nothing wimps! What's even the point if we're not going to do anything! Augh!

Alright, well, I'm going to put in $1 to lynch MF simply because I have to vote for something, though I realize I'm talking to a bunch of brick walls here.

Ok, guess I should tell you guys. When I used my power last night, I targeted MF. I thought my result was unimportant, but it leads me to believe that he's innocent (or at least not mafia).
Care to elaborate?

Not yet, in case MF is lying.

So why even mention it in the first place? Scratch that, why not mention it at the very beginning of the day phase when the announcement things played? Because if you had evidence to suggest that MF was innocent, why would you say

I used my action last night, but it didn't provide anything useful.

when the announcements for MD and MF would've made it useful?

It only became useful when MF claimed a role, and when I thought about it for a bit.
The announcement didn't prove nor disprove anything regarding my information.

I really do see where you're coming from, MD, but I don't think we're in so much of a rush that we can't play it safe with this information. Think of it this way: even if I were mafia, we could safely afford not lynching me here and now, since the chances of us having another significant lead anytime soon are rather slim; but if I somehow just so happened to be town, we could be making it much easier to find out who the scum are, since this mess potentially gives us two clears.

(also whoops I typed this and then forgot to post it for like ~2h, apologies if I'm about to get ninja'd into next week)

That's stupid! You're only saying that because you want to get away with your crimes, and you know it! Remember what our mama used to say to us before bedtime? "Don't be a murderer"... How quickly you forget, brother! You dishonor our family.

That's stupid! You're only saying that because you want to get away with your crimes, and you know it! Remember what our mama used to say to us before bedtime? "Don't be a murderer"... How quickly you forget, brother! You dishonor our family.
Deep down, you're only mad because of that one toy, and you know it.

I didn't get my money last night, so I think I was robbed by the mafia (that's how it worked last game iirc) so I got the debt limit thingy.

$1 to abstaining

I didn't get my money last night, so I think I was robbed by the mafia (that's how it worked last game iirc) so I got the debt limit thingy.

$1 to abstaining
Rule of thumb, you really do not want to be public about going into debt. The mafia gets a lot of benefits from knowing that and town gets none.

I missed the part in the rules where it said you had to actually put money down to not get screwed over. Whoops.

$1 for abstaining

There goes most of the money I have.

Rule of thumb, you really do not want to be public about going into debt. The mafia gets a lot of benefits from knowing that and town gets none.
It's not exactly something they wouldn't know, seeing how they were almost certainly the ones that took my income last night

I'm pretty sure that most night actions that affect other players charge for it, at least as far as I remember from the last game. So if you have a low enough income and get targeted by a doc and someone else the first night there's a good chance you'll be in debt.

It's not exactly something they wouldn't know, seeing how they were almost certainly the ones that took my income last night
They can make the assumption, but until you point it out they never know if something happened that let you still have money on you. Something like there being a role out there that gives people money or brings them out of debt or whatnot.

The citizens of Capitalismville agreeably file into the voting booths, behaving much better than they did the last time such a situation arose. A consensus quickly emerges, and although one dissenter speaks up, the townspeople decide not to act quite yet on the mysterious messages from that morning.

$12 — abstain
$1 — Metallica Fanboy

Everyone heads home to bed, happy at least not to have executed an innocent. An ominous feeling, however, makes it clear that the city's ordeal is not yet over...

No one was lynched.
Day 1 is over.
Night 1 has begun.
48 hours for night actions.

---

(Like last game, I'm not going to bother sending out PMs at the end of each day to update everyone on their financial status. I figure y'all can pretty easily pull up your end-of-night PM and subtract the money you used to vote. But if you'd like me to confirm your current money/debt, though, feel free to send me a PM at any time!)

The citizens of Capitalismville wake up the following morning with everyone accounted for. If it weren't for several bank accounts being wrong, the citizens wouldn't even know anything was still wrong... that is, until their smartphones start beeping out another message.

DarkAura is innocent.

"Well, if someone's being singled out as innocent, that implies someone else isn't, doesn't it?" someone says. This sounds pretty reasonable to the rest of the townspeople, so it's back to town hall for another day of discussion — and, potentially, their first lynching.

Night 1 is over.
No one died.

Day 2 has begun.
48 hours for day phase discussion.

So there was only one broadcast this time? In that case, the theory about it being a "one true statement and one false statement" power is no longer valid. I think both broadcasts from Day 1 must have been true, since a one-time activation power would make no sense giving only faulty results (unless this is a bastard game). Given what we know, I'd wager that MF is actually mafia.

But first I want to hear what DarkAura has to say, since she's been cleared as innocent. What's your lead?

Back
Top Bottom