• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Capitalist Democracy Mafia 2: Credit Card Bubble

Without getting into specifics (since I'm sure others would rather hear about it when they're awake and it's not the dead of night for them), I've found that somebody doesn't have an income, which pretty much means mafia.

I agree. The broadcasts appear to be pretty convincing evidence right now, so I'll also contribute $1 towards lynching Metallica Fanboy.

Eh, I don't know. MF revealed his role and everything about it to prove that he's not mafia. If he's willing to put forth very sensitive information that potentially puts him at risk of being targeted by the mafia, then I think he's telling the truth. And if he IS mafia, why would he reveal his role so soon? It would make him look suspicious, something that mafiosi generally try to avoid doing. Besides that, MD and DarkAura haven't really put forth any proof proving their innocence. The media is corruptable, these broadcasts could just be a mafiosi power to mess with our heads. Or not, I don't know. I'm just tossing ideas out there.

TL;DR: $2 to abstain

Well, he had no choice but to make a roleclaim, or else he would have been lynched immediately. It's not like he just claimed out of the blue. I still stand by my reasoning.

He did pretty much have to make a role claim, granted. But I stand by what said. Especially about the messages; why are you all so quick to believe them? The only thing they're really doing is just making us point fingers at each other with no real evidence other than the messages themselves. We have no idea whether these messages are true, so why believe them?

The thing that's throwing me off here is the fact that the message came again. There are lots of possibilities with this now - but I'm thinking that we should lynch MF and see how he flips? because then we'll get something as the result of the lynch and hopefully see right there how the messages work. This assumes that the messages are all consistent with each other, so I'm not wholly sure on that.

But I'll pitch in $1 to lynch MF for now.

I do wonder if the messages can be messed up if they come in pairs or if they're all accurate all the time, though. It seems a bit overpowered to have someone able to send them out- overpowered whether they're lying or not. Would it even make sense for all of them to be random, though?

It's important to know what they mean, though, isn't it? And if we're getting a free thing to get rid of mafia then why not.

The one thing that bothers me is that I haven't been in enough mafia games. Would it be okay for the town ratio if MF is innocent? that's p much the only thing I'm concerned about rn.

ok reading the posts that came up while I was staring at my screen. on what Stryke said, it is true that maybe Superbird's death provided mafia enough money to make a bastard broadcast? but that should be expensive shouldn't it. why would it happen twice

is it happening twice

dhslkgh never mind. I still think we should lynch if only to find out if that set was true, and maybe start collecting info on the messages in general.

I would like to hear back from DarkAura in this day phase, though. Hopefully we have a protector in this game, bc finding income amounts is important.

bc finding income amounts is important.

About that. The reason I believed MF to be telling the truth was because my night action allows me to see a person's financial actions for one night. This includes their action if it costs money. No specifics other than type and amount.

The instructions state that mafia don't have an income, so their ways of gaining money would show up as night actions, not income. MF gained income equal to what the calculations provided stated both nights.

I firmly believe that MF is innocent.

Right now, Metallica Fanboy is the least of our problems, regardless of his actual alignment.

I'm the Policeman, which allows me to jail a person each night, preventing them from using their night action but also preventing night actions from targetting them. They pay me one night's worth of income when I let them go (and if you want more validity about my role, I can tell you exactly how much Wargle lost N0, 'cause that's when I jailed her (which also means she's innocent, considering that she had an income to pay (btw sorry for jailing you :V))). Last night, I jailed Zero Moment, and I was paid nothing.

And let's not forget that no one died. The possibility that the mafia just used a poisoning action like they had in the last game is p. slim when there's really no reason to use it when their regular killing man is still alive and killin'.

My point being, Zero Moment is extremely likely to be a mafia, one with the standard killing role, and that makes him far more dangerous than whatever MF is. $5 on Zero Moment

Right now, Metallica Fanboy is the least of our problems, regardless of his actual alignment.

I'm the Policeman, which allows me to jail a person each night, preventing them from using their night action but also preventing night actions from targetting them. They pay me one night's worth of income when I let them go (and if you want more validity about my role, I can tell you exactly how much Wargle lost N0, 'cause that's when I jailed her (which also means she's innocent, considering that she had an income to pay (btw sorry for jailing you :V))). Last night, I jailed Zero Moment, and I was paid nothing.

And let's not forget that no one died. The possibility that the mafia just used a poisoning action like they had in the last game is p. slim when there's really no reason to use it when their regular killing man is still alive and killin'.

My point being, Zero Moment is extremely likely to be a mafia, one with the standard killing role, and that makes him far more dangerous than whatever MF is. $5 on Zero Moment

About that. The reason I believed MF to be telling the truth was because my night action allows me to see a person's financial actions for one night. This includes their action if it costs money. No specifics other than type and amount.

The instructions state that mafia don't have an income, so their ways of gaining money would show up as night actions, not income. MF gained income equal to what the calculations provided stated both nights.

I firmly believe that MF is innocent.

We don't need no stinking messages to find out the mafia. I'll switch my pay to $2 on Zero Moment

that is a ton of new evidence. I am quite glad that I checked again today.

(and people are talking yay!)

I'll switch my vote to $1 on ZM, then.

Hmm. That's solid evidence, and we'll obviously find out if you were lying tomorrow, so sure, why not? I'll change my vote to $1 for ZM.

I've also given it some thought, and I'm now starting to think that MF might not necessarily be mafia after all. Mostly because Cynder's made a good case, but also because it seems really overpowered for the messages to be correct and appear two nights in a row; surely a power that useful can't exist? There is the possibility that Cynder and MF are both mafia, but that seems unlikely at this point. Hrrm.

I can tell you exactly how much Wargle lost N0, 'cause that's when I jailed her (which also means she's innocent, considering that she had an income to pay (btw sorry for jailing you :V))).

D: what do you have against Bird-Americans?

£0.73 to lynch ZM (that's One dollar American)

Back
Top Bottom