• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon Quests

RedneckPhoenix

make no mistakes 'cause i'm on fire
Pronoun
he/him
So, this isn't quests per se, but really just stuff you're really determined to do. For instance.
It is my personal quest to breed a shiny Luvdisc.
Post yours.

Working on my first living dex! (I'm doing the Alola one)
It's tough, man.

EDIT: YEEEEEEEEE its done!

Last edited:
I recently finished Pokemon Moon and I also want to have a living dex. I don't think I will be able too though. Takes too long. (or I'm just lazy)

The only advice I can give to you is be persistent. There are a TON of Pokemon that can are only found in the wild REALLY rarely, or they're a pain to evolve. Not to mention hunting for Sun exclusives and other stuff on the madhouse that is the SuMo GTS. But as long as you keep at it, you'll get it completed in practically no time.

The only advice I can give to you is be persistent. There are a TON of Pokemon that can are only found in the wild REALLY rarely, or they're a pain to evolve. Not to mention hunting for Sun exclusives and other stuff on the madhouse that is the SuMo GTS. But as long as you keep at it, you'll get it completed in practically no time.

Thanks for the advice!I saw Dhelmise's encounter rate and that definetly scared me. I also want to have it to get the shiny charm and eventually do some shiny hunting. I already caught the 4 Tapus and got my type:null so I'm just looking for the rare pokemon and if I haven't caught any of the common ones found near the rare ones I'll catch those. Any other methods?

Thanks for the advice!I saw Dhelmise's encounter rate and that definetly scared me. I also want to have it to get the shiny charm and eventually do some shiny hunting. I already caught the 4 Tapus and got my type:null so I'm just looking for the rare pokemon and if I haven't caught any of the common ones found near the rare ones I'll catch those. Any other methods?

Yeah, I got a couple more. First, rippling water is your friend. There are a bunch of Pokemon that have a 1% chance of being found while fishing, but that number is increased when the fishing hole has white ripples. Then, they're usually around 5-20 percent more common, so use that to your advantage. It only works when the water is rippling, though.

Second, use the GTS search thing only when necessary. The GTS, as always, is a madhouse, so only use it when A: You need to evolve a Pokemon by trading (without an item), B: you can only get 1 of a Pokemon you need, and it evolves (pretty much just Cosmog and Type Null), or C: you need version exclusives. Other than that, you're better off getting on your own.

Last one I can think of is call friends. I couldn't have done my dex if it weren't for my friend giving me extra evolutionary items or trading Pokemon to evolve, and without a friend help with that stuff, it'll be tough to get the mons you need. So definitely call your friend(s) for help.

That's pretty much all I've got... Good luck!!

Yeah, I got a couple more. First, rippling water is your friend. There are a bunch of Pokemon that have a 1% chance of being found while fishing, but that number is increased when the fishing hole has white ripples. Then, they're usually around 5-20 percent more common, so use that to your advantage. It only works when the water is rippling, though.

Second, use the GTS search thing only when necessary. The GTS, as always, is a madhouse, so only use it when A: You need to evolve a Pokemon by trading (without an item), B: you can only get 1 of a Pokemon you need, and it evolves (pretty much just Cosmog and Type Null), or C: you need version exclusives. Other than that, you're better off getting on your own.

Last one I can think of is call friends. I couldn't have done my dex if it weren't for my friend giving me extra evolutionary items or trading Pokemon to evolve, and without a friend help with that stuff, it'll be tough to get the mons you need. So definitely call your friend(s) for help.

That's pretty much all I've got... Good luck!!

Thanks! I actually just got a friend to help me with some of the harder ones. I feel like Sun exclusives will be a problem because my friend has moon, but he said he has some sun exclusives so it will be fine. Hopefully it goes well!

Protip for anyone trying to use the GTS: You can get literally anything if you're trading away a porygon-z. And when I say literally, I'm not exaggerating. I got a Type:Null, a Solgaleo, and another cosmog all from trading away Porygon-Z's, so if you have the ability to get several porygon-z's then definitely do so.

Protip for anyone trying to use the GTS: You can get literally anything if you're trading away a porygon-z. And when I say literally, I'm not exaggerating. I got a Type:Null, a Solgaleo, and another cosmog all from trading away Porygon-Z's, so if you have the ability to get several porygon-z's then definitely do so.

Oh yeaaaaaah, all of the Pokemon that evolve by trading (and Weavile) are really popular from my experience. Kingdra, Scizor, Porygon-Z, and Rhyperior are probably the rarest, then maybe Politoed, Slowking, and Weavile, then Electivire, Magmortar and Milotic, from what I've seen.

Back
Top Bottom