• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Stryke123 vs. Shadow11615

Stryke123 vs Shadow11615
Round 6

Format: 2 vs. 2 singles
Style: Switch
DQ: 5 days? That sounds good.
Damage cap: 27%
Banned/restricted moves: Direct Recovery moves.
imagine a dirt arena, with about 6 rocks in it. Very original I know, but I want to keep it simple.
Arena status: Unchanged.

Stryke123 (OO)
elekidVolkner the male Elekid
Health: 15% - Energy: 51%
Ability: Static - Item: N/A - Speed: 95
Status: Poisoned (toxic; 7% damage this round). Burned (moderately). Under effects of Magnet Rise (3 more actions).
Condition: All of a sudden, grinning fiercely.
Commands: Substitute (Small) ~ Thunder ~ Light Screen

Shadow11615 (OO)
mudkipFlop a Dop the male Mudkip
Health: 40% - Energy: 49%
Ability: Torrent- Item: N/A - Speed: 40
Condition: Sporting a new suit of armor -- a soot of armor.
Commands: Protect ~ Hydro Pump ~ Protect

-----

Volkner, in perilous health but pumped for action; Flop a Dop, in better shape but losing his momentum. Each trainer carefully tried to work their way around their Pokémon's respective predicaments.

The Mudkips took cover in an instant, sheltering themselves in a translucent barrier again. Their opponent, with a grunt of disappointment, hovered lower and dug his hands into the dirt. Thinking quickly, he fashioned an Elekid doll out of nothing but dirt, stone, and an Elekid doll. Randomly discarded somewhere in the vast wasteland, perhaps? Either way, with a touch of the creator's stubby digits, the toy sprang to life... and said creator sprang closer to death, his sickness sending reeling almost out of consciousness.

Before giving in to the poison, Volkner put all he had left into one last attack. Once again, at his command, a bolt of lightning tore through the clear blue skies. With a brutal clap, it made its impact... against the ground, a stirred cloud of dust loosely hovering where one of the Flop a Dops had been standing. The real one sighed with relief, and his remaining afterimage perfectly followed suit.

His final attack ending in failure, the Elekid finally succumbed, restfully closing his eyes as he ceased to float. Before drifting from consciousness, he was treated to one last sight: two massive jets of water blasting off to absolutely nonwhere.

-----

Stryke123 (XO)
elekidVolkner the male Elekid
Health: 0% - Energy: 39%
Ability: Static - Item: N/A - Speed: 95
Condition: Being poked by a desperate Substitute.
Performed: Substitute (Small) ~ Thunder (missed)

a1Oo8ig.gif
Volkner's Substitute: 10%

Shadow11615 (OO)
Health: 40% - Energy: 41%
Condition: Watching his Hydro Pump sail towards the distant horizon.
Performed: Protect ~ Hydro Pump (missed)

=Action 1
-Commence Flop a Dop's Protect.
*2% energy is spent.
*Flop a Dop is protected against attacks in this action.
-Commence Volkner's Substitute.
*5% energy is spent. 10% self-inflicted damage is taken.
*Volkner now has a Small Substitute.
-Volkner takes 2% toxic poisoning damage and 1% burn damage.
-2 actions remain for Magnet Rise.
=Action 2
-Commence Volkner's Thunder.
*Double Team check unsuccessful [2 ≠ 1]. The move strikes a clone. Flop a Dop now has 1 Double Team clone.
*7% energy is spent. [6.5% + 1 - 1 = 6.5% ≈ 7%]
-1 action remains for Magnet Rise.
-Commence Flop a Dop's Hydro Pump.
*The attack misses [99 > 80].
*6% energy is spent. [6.5% + 0 - 1 = 5.5% ≈ 6%]
-Volkner takes 2% toxic poisoning damage. Volkner is KO'd.
=Totals
-Volkner has taken 15% damage and spent 12% energy. Volkner is KO'd.
-Flop a Dop has spent 8% energy. Only one of Flop a Dop's Double Team clones remains.

Notes:
-Phew! Really sorry this took as long as it did, folks.
-Thunder on the second action hit one of Flop a Dop's Double Team clones instead of the real deal.
-Hydro Pump also whiffed completely on the second action.
-Not that it mattered much, though, as Volkner was done in by the poison damage on that action.
-I listed Volkner's Substitute in the end of round stats, but note that it'll be gone when Volkner is recalled, so the next Pokémon up won't be protected by it.
-Stryke123 sends out a new Pokémon and then commands first next round.

Last edited:
Sorry for my incompetence, Volkner, as that's what did you in... Have a good long rest.

And no worries MF, we understand.

Anyway it's fire versus water oh joy what fun... Let's start a flame war Flint! *Ba dum tssss* *crickets chirp*

(Mental note: make puns in battle whenever possible)

Anyway I DETECT some trouble ahead in this round, so lets gain an EDGE over our opponent and put our BEST FOOT FORWARD. *everyone groans*

Detect~Double-Edge~Mega Kick

*clap clap clap* I love puns, but I'm terrible at making them.
Anyways, looks like we have the advantage! We'll just have to hold out a little bit longer. Assuming that mega kick misses but double edge hits, we can barely survive next round. What's more, torrent will activate. Do as much as you can!
Double team (max), Toxic, Aqua Tail

Puns, huh? I should warn you, in the noble sport of punkration, I am a gold medalist. Try me, and you shall be pun-ished -- sent to the pungeon, even.

Stryke123 vs Shadow11615
Round 7

imagine a dirt arena, with about 6 rocks in it. Very original I know, but I want to keep it simple.

Stryke123 (XO)
magbyFlint the male Magby
Health: 100% - Energy: 100%
Ability: Flame Body - Item: N/A - Speed: 83
Condition: Was attempting to count the days on his claws for this.
Commands: Detect ~ Double Edge ~ Mega Kick

Shadow11615 (OO)
Health: 40% - Energy: 41%
Condition: Watching his Hydro Pump sail towards the distant horizon.
Commands: Double Team (max clones) ~ Toxic ~ Aqua Tail

-----

At the end of his initial charge, the trainer Stryke was faced with a burning question: which Pokémon would he send out next? Out of just ever so many possibilities, he decided to strike big and make sparks fly with Flint.

The Magby took to the battlefield with a fiery disposition, about ready to just start swining away at his opponent without a care... But his first order of the day was a defensive one: instead of attacking, he was to watch his opponent's move carefully and evade as necessary. And yet, the opponent made himself hard to be watched carefully, his split image halving itself twice over, resolving into the appearance of four Mudkips that seemed much more still than they truly were.

Undaunted -- really, nothing more than excited to finally attack -- the Live Coal Pokémon broke into a sprint of his own, much less subtle. He charged headfirst towards just any target in his way... And struck absolutely nothing, almost falling over instead. In his stupor, he was summarily doused from behind by the same sickening purple spray that had soaked into his fallen ally's veins previously, and now threatened to seep into his own stream.

Flint tried again to attack, this time trying to stamp his foot straight forward right into his foe's forehead -- and again, his move hit only the thin air ahead, another Flop a Dop disappearing before his foot. The two remaining ones leapt forward, their raised tailfins leaving a trail of seafoam as they crashed through the air... And then, both swung their rumps downward, tails striking the Magby's back like thundering oceanic waves. Which tail could have been the true, solid one? It was impossible to tell yet.

-----

Stryke123 (XO)
Health: 82% - Energy: 84%
Condition: Confused, but still eager.
Performed: Detect ~ Double-Edge (missed) ~ Mega Kick (missed)

Shadow11615 (OO)
Health: 40% - Energy: 31%
Condition: Showing off some Double Teamwork.
Performed: Double Team (max) ~ Toxic ~ Aqua Tail

=Action 1
-Commence Flint’s Detect.
*2% energy is spent.
*Flint is protected against attacks in this action.
-Commence Flop a Dop’s Double Team.
*2% energy is spent.
*Flop a Dop now has 3 Double Team clones.
=Action 2
-Commence Flint’s Double-Edge.
*Double Team check unsuccessful [4≠1]. The move strikes a clone. Flop a Dop now has 2 clones.
*7% energy is spent. [7% + 0 – 0 = 7%]
-Commence Flop a Dop’s Toxic.
*Successful hit [3 < 90].
*4% energy is spent.
*Flint is badly poisoned.
-Flint takes 1% toxic poisoning damage.
=Action 3
-Commence Flint’s Mega Kick.
*Double Team check unsuccessful [2≠1]. The move strikes a clone. Flop a Dop now has 1 clone.
*7% energy is spent. [7% + 0 – 1 = 7%]
-Commence Flop a Dop’s Aqua Tail.
*Successful hit [76 < 90]. No critical hit [96 > 5].
*16% damage is dealt. [9% * 1.25 + 0 + 0 * 1.5 = 16.875 ≈ 16%]
*4% energy is spent. [4.5% + 0 – 1 = 3.5% ≈ 4%]
=Totals
-Flint has taken 18% damage and spent 16% energy. Flint is badly poisoned.
-Flop a Dop has spent 10% energy. Only one of Flop a Dop's Double Team clones remains.

Notes:
-Flint’s Double-Edge and Mega Kick both struck Double Team clones.
-Shadow11615 commands first next round.

Ah... nice. Alright. Ok. Isn't this great. let's keep it simple. As usual, my calculations are terrible. So i want you to evolve, so we might as well go the whole 9 yards (or however many it was). Maybe i'll get lucky.
as for puns.... i'll sub out this round. my mind is too muddled think..... water you doing to me.
Substitute (15%)~Mud Bomb~Water Pulse

Hmm, "pungeon", "muddled", yes, yes *writes these down* Oh! I'm attacking. Right, I was... thinking up a strategy. Yeah, lets go with that. Welp Flint, in order to win, I need to go all out with the puns. Gotta think of the most pungent punstrosities the world has ever known. They dont call me the punderful
magici-pun for nothing. (Everyone starts booing me)

First, we must focus our puns into a pun-ch, and deal as much damage to the substitute as we can. Then, we must let the pun sun shine on this day. Finally, we must redouble our efforts, and team up, for there is strength in
pun-bers.

That was really confusing, so I think ill clear that up a bit.
Focus Punch~Sunny Day~Double Team

Stryke123 vs Shadow11615
Round 8

Stryke123 (XO)
Health: 82% - Energy: 84%
Condition: Confused, but still eager.
Commands: Focus Punch ~ Sunny Day ~ Double Team

Shadow11615 (OO)
Health: 40% - Energy: 31%
Condition: Showing off some Double Teamwork.
Commands: Substitute(15%) ~ Mud Bomb ~ Water Pulse

-----

Although he could barely sit still, Flint opened the round in silence, closing his eyes as he charged up all of his power at the edge of his knuckles. Before him, his opponent continued to multiply – from two and a cracked patch of tough dirt, molded by a gulp of water, there were suddenly four, some of a different complexion compared to others. All while this unfolded, the Focus Punch reached its apex; its user lashed out with a fist glowing as brightly as the sun... Striking clean through the last remaining Double Team clone, along with its illusory Substitute. Now the only Mudkips that remained were the real deal, although one was flesh and another was clay.

Finding it insufficient to attack with a fist glowing as brightly as the sun, the Magby turned to make the sun itself brighter. Heat waves spread out from all over his body, and soon enough, the few clouds that hung in the broad skies of the arena were pierced – there was absolutely no moisture or cover from the punishing sunlight. Flop a Dop, now out of his element and weakened by having split his life force, fashioned more clay with as much of his usual water as with his running sweatdrops, forming it into a nice and solid clump to mischievously throw right on his distracted foe’s face.

Between the clarity and the mud on his eyes, Flint could hardly see an inch ahead of him for a moment. But that was unimportant for his next move. Trip as much as he might have over the few fixtures of the battlefield, he managed to replicate the technique his enemy had been using all along the duel, with much more speed to put behind it – as soon as he managed a continuous sprint, he soon had as much as five of himself trailing alongside him.

With so many hotshots to aim for, the Mudkip’s own shots were made much less precise. He tried blasting away with a blob of water, but not only did half of it sizzle and evaporate under the harsh sun, what remained of it did little more than pass through a Double Team clone before it was lost into the ground.

-----

Stryke123 (XO)
Health: 70% - Energy: 76%
Status: 1- Accuracy. Poisoned (toxic; 3% damage this round). Has 4 Double Team clones.
Condition: Thinking of how to best cast his selves as The Hotshots.
Performed: Focus Punch (missed) ~ Sunny Day ~ Double Team

Shadow11615 (OO)
Health: 25% - Energy: 15%
Condition: Seeing mirages.
Performed: Substitute(15%) ~ Mud Bomb ~ Water Pulse (missed)

a1Oo8ig.gif
Flop a Dop's Substitute: 15%

=Action 1
-Flint is tightening his focus...
-Commence Flop a Dop’s Substitute.
*8% energy is spent. 15% self-inflicted damage is taken. Torrent activates.
*Flop a Dop now has a Medium Substitute.
-Commence Flint’s Focus Punch.
*Double Team check unsuccessful [2 ≠ 1]. The move strikes a clone. Flop a Dop has no more clones.
*9% energy is spent. [8.5% + 0 – 0 = 9%]
=Action 2
-Commence Flint’s Sunny Day.
*4% energy is spent. [5% - 1 = 4%]
*The weather is changed to Sunny Day.
-Commence Flop a Dop’s Mud Bomb.
*Successful hit [59 < 85]. No critical hit [76 > 5]. Secondary effect activated [2 < 30].
*9% damage is dealt. [6.5% * 1 + 0 + 0 * 1.5 = 9.75% ≈ 9%]
*5% energy is spent. [3.25% + 1 – 0 = 4.25% ≈ 5%]
*Flint’s Accuracy drops to 1-.
-8 actions remain for Sunny Day.
=Action 3
-Commence Flint’s Double Team.
*5% energy is spent.
*Flint now has 5 Double Team clones.
-Commence Flop a Dop’s Water Pulse.
*Double Team check unsuccessful [4 ≠ 1]. The move strikes a clone. 4 clones remain for Flint.
*3% energy is spent. [3.9% + 0 – 1 = 2.9% ≈ 3%]
-7 actions remain for Sunny Day.
=Totals
-Flint has taken 12% damage and spent 18% energy. Flint has 4 Double Team clones.
-Flop a Dop has taken 15% damage and spent 16% energy. Flop a Dop has gained a Medium Substitute. Flop a Dop’s Torrent activated. No more of Flop a Dop’s Double Team clones remain.
Arena status: The battlefield is completely exposed to a fierce sunlight (7 more actions).

Notes:
-Focus Punch in the first action struck the last of Flop a Dop’s Double Team clones.
-Mud Bomb in the second action procced to lower Flint’s Accuracy.
-Water Pulse in the third action struck one of Flint’s Double Team clones.
-Stryke commands first next round.

Alright Flints, so far our luck has been absolutely rotten where did I go wrong hasn't been the best. Let's try and change that.

Use Double Edge on the Substitute until it breaks. If it breaks, use Fire Blast on Flop a Dop. And if Flop a Dop uses Double Team, use Heat Wave.

Double Edge/Fire Blast/Heat Wave~Double Edge/Fire Blast/Heat Wave~Double Edge/Fire Blast/Heat Wave

(Also, I'm no expert on human or Pokémon biology, but I'm pretty sure that if I tell one more awful pun, your ears will fall off. Seeing as how you probably like your ears, I'll stop for now.)

Totally not late (sorry). Anyways, we just need to last a bit longer. While Flint's fancy double teams could be annoying (that's my hat trick! too bad I don't where hats to keep my tricks safe), along with his fiery tactics, we'll have to change that quick.
Rain Dance~Yawn~Hydro Pump

Round Nine

Stryke123 (XO)
magby
Flint (M) <Flame Body>
Health: 70%
Energy: 76%
Commands: Double Edge / Fire Blast / Heat Wave x3
- Thinking of how to best cast his selves as The Hotshots. 1- Accuracy. Poisoned (toxic; 3% damage this round). Has 4 Double Team clones.

Shadow11615 (OO)
mudkip
Flop a Dop (M) <Torrent>
Health: 25%
Energy: 15%
Commands: Rain Dance ~ Yawn ~ Hydro Pump
- Seeing mirages. Torrent active. Has a substitute with 15% health.

Flint grins as one of his clones takes the water pulse instead of him. Finally, things are starting to go his way. Now that all of Flop a Dop's own doubles are taken care of, there's nothing standing between him and the mudkip's smug smiling face--nothing except the substitute, of course, cracked and flaking in the intense sunlight but still holding together well enough.

Not for much longer, though. Flint takes a second to gather his strength, then charges forward full-throttle, hurling himself into a brutal tackle aimed straight at Flop a Dop. The substitute steps in to defend the mudkip, of course, and Flint crashes headlong into it, the two of them collapsing on the ground. A second later the magby stands up, scuffed but exhilarated, and skips away again, giving himself some room for another run-up.

Meanwhile, Flop a Dop is, more than anything, tired and annoyed. It's hard to summon up much enthusiasm for dancing, at least until he considers Flint's dismay at seeing all his clones washed away. Serves the magby right for trying to horn in on Flop a Dop's own strategy.

Even so, Flop a Dop's rain dance could be a bit more enthusiastic. A vague side-to-side shuffle is enough to do the trick, though, and the sweltering sunlight is smothered in seconds by a collusion of thick, gray clouds, which promptly begin dumping torrential rain on the arena.

The substitute doesn't even have the opportunity to get properly back on its feet again before Flint belly-flops on top of it, crushing it once and for all. The driving rain is making the magby's already-dodgy vision even worse, and he's not actually quite sure where the real Flop a Dop's gone off to, but all that water can't really dampen his spirits. Now, at last, he can face Flop a Dop one-on-one. The KO is so close he can almost taste it.

Meanwhile, Flop a Dop is only feeling more lethargic than before. Even thinking about his last command for the round is making him tired. It's no surprise, then, that when Flint finally manages to draw a bead on him, squinting through the downpour, it's to find the mudkip in the middle of a huge, jaw-cracking yawn.

Flint yawns, too, and finds himself caught in a fit of inexplicable weariness. It takes real effort to stoke the fire in his chest, draw it all together into a compact but explosive ball. The magby spits up a glowing, sizzling fireball and watches with quiet pride as it unfurls into a huge arcane symbol, raindrops hissing and steaming away from it as it travels through the air. His delight turns to sudden dismay, however, when the attack simply drifts right past Flop a Dop without any effect--he should have aimed a little to the right, apparently.

Meanwhile, Flop a Dop is very slowly gearing up for a big attack of his own. The tired mudkip gets the sense that this is probably his last stand, the high note he's going to go out on--so he'd better make it good. He braces his feet, sucks in a huge, deep breath, and then spits out a powerful burst of water, at least as strong as a firehose and only made more so by the rain.

Unfortunately, it, too, completely fails to hit its target. Flop a Dop's left swaying in place, horrified and heartbroken and barely hanging on to his will to fight, while Flint doesn't even notice.

The magby has his own problems, down on one knee and trying to stifle a long string of yawns. He doesn't know if it's the disappointment of missing with the fire blast or what, but he just can't keep his eyes open. The magby slumps over on his side, blinking, eyes shutting for longer and long each time until he finally succumbs to sleep entirely.

Stryke123 (XO)
magby
Flint (M) <Flame Body>
Health: 59%
Energy: 56%
Used: Double Edge ~ Double Edge ~ Fire Blast (missed)
- Snoozing. Badly poisoned (5% damage next round). Deeply asleep. -1 Accuracy

Shadow11615 (OO)
mudkip
Flop a Dop (M) <Torrent>
Health: 25%
Energy: 1%
Commands: Rain Dance ~ Yawn ~ Hydro Pump (missed)
- Woozy with fatigue. Torrent active.

Terrain Notes
A downpour is rapidly turning the dusty field into a morass of mud (6 more actions).

Final Notes
- Shadow11615 attacks first next round.

Flint's command: double-edge
Energy: Base 7%
Acc: 95%
Roll: 11
HIT!
Crit roll: 6
Damage:
Pow 120 -> base 12%, 4% recoil

Flop a Dop's command: rain dance
Energy: Base 5% - 1% STAB = 4% energy
Acc: n/a
Damage: n/a
!extra effect: clones destroyed

Round One Results

Flint
66%
69%

Flop a Dop
25%
11%
sub @ 3%

-- Begin Action Round --

Flint's command: double-edge
Energy: Base 7%
Acc: 95%
Roll: 15
HIT!
Crit roll: 12
Damage:
Pow 120 -> base 12%, 4% recoil

Flop a Dop's command: yawn
Energy: Base 4%
Acc: n/a
!extra effect: drowse

Round Two Results

Flint
62%
62%

Flop a Dop
25%
7%

-- Begin Action Round --

Flint's command: fire blast
Energy: Base 7% - 1% STAB = 6% energy
Acc: 85% - 5% stat = 80%
Roll: 3
MISS!

Flop a Dop's command: hydro pump
Energy: Base 7% - 1% STAB = 6% energy
Acc: 80%
Roll: 1
MISS!

-- End of Round Damages --

Flint: 4% psn

-- Round Three Results --

Flint
58%
56%

Flop a Dop
25%
1%

Right, let's get this closed up. Shadow11615 is disqualified, Finchwidget wins, and we all get to find out if I remember how the battle closure system works on the app.

Edit: okay, no, I definitely don't know how to do emergency ref stuff on the app, lol. I'll ask Zhorken about it. Sorry, Finchwidget, it'll take a little longer to get your prizes processed.

Right, let's get this closed up. Shadow11615 is disqualified, Finchwidget wins, and we all get to find out if I remember how the battle closure system works on the app.

Edit: okay, no, I definitely don't know how to do emergency ref stuff on the app, lol. I'll ask Zhorken about it. Sorry, Finchwidget, it'll take a little longer to get your prizes processed.
It's fine; I'm just glad the battle got wrapped up. Thanks for taking this on!!

I marked you as an e-ref, so it should let you close this now.

Back
Top Bottom