• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

There may be hope for him yet.

Wobbles

The Wobbuffet Fan
Alrighty, see, my step-brother, is a non-nerdy type (doesn't really play Pokemon, or yugioh, or anything similar.)

But, recently my friend got him into yugioh (he and I set up a deck each and dueled a couple times.)
And I've convinced him to come to an anime club party that's going on the 29th.

I'm so fucking excited right now.

Last edited:
Maybe there's nothing wrong with it, but it'll be more fun living with another one in the house instead of relying on my friends at school.

A good way to get someone to like pokemon is to find a really awesome pokemon (charizard, maybe?) and keep them focused on catching that one while they train some others.
For boys, that awesome pokemon will usually be charizard.
For girls, it's always eevee or vulpix.
(Just saying)

WOAH WOAH WOAH. CHARIZARD AIN'T GOT NUTHIN ON MAH HOMEBWOII HOUNDOOM. DEM HORNS MAN. DEM HORNS.

Anyway, your call. Just don't force it down his throat, usually fends them off even more. Trust me, my housemate is turning me into a brony. I now consider it utter heresy.

Pretty much what Grimdour said, but good for you, I guess? :D

@Raichu: Um, I'm not a big fan of Eevee other than its evolutions (I just don't click with the design). Vulpix is okay, I've always loved Ninetales. Actually, my favorites have always been Empoleon and Giratina and Blastoise AND Grovyle; not all female Pokémon fans are "always" going to like Eevee and/or Vulpix. So I wouldn't exactly say you should stereotype like that (gosh this is hardly a stereotype what am I doing?).

But, Wobbles, Raichu has a point; I hated hated hated Pokémon until my cousin showed me Kyogre and Infernape. So what kind of design does your stepbrother like? You probably already know how diverse Pokémon designs are; if you have an extensive Pokédex, you could probably flip through the sprites until he likes one. Or, you could Google or Bulbapedia or something.

He plays Yu-G-Oh? Then show him Dueling Network. It's a place were you can make any deck for free, and duel anyone. It's a great way to practice.
Also, don't "Force" him/her to like pokemon. Show him/her some of the cooler ones (Salamence, Lucario, Eeveelutions, Volcarona, Hydreigon, etc.) If he/she doesn't like pokemon, then that's that. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink it.

It's cool that he's starting to share your interests but using the term otaku to describe yourself is a terrible idea.
Unless you want to project the image of a smelly guy reviled by society who shuts himself in his apartment and has no contact with the outside world except for when he goes to get more kawaii animes. If you do then ok I guess.

It's cool that he's starting to share your interests but using the term otaku to describe yourself is a terrible idea.
Unless you want to project the image of a smelly guy reviled by society who shuts himself in his apartment and has no contact with the outside world except for when he goes to get more kawaii animes. If you do then ok I guess.

good point. I think I might have to edit that part.

WOAH WOAH WOAH. CHARIZARD AIN'T GOT NUTHIN ON MAH HOMEBWOII HOUNDOOM. DEM HORNS MAN. DEM HORNS.
Best. Quote. Ever.

SO THIS ISNT SPAM:

What Grim said, let get him obsessed/repelled on his own. Don't force 'nerdiness' as you put it on him.

Back
Top Bottom