• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Battle for Asber

Status
Not open for further replies.
You...you ate my Pokemon. You fucking ate her. What the fuck is wrong with you. You think this is how you get what you want? Jesus fucking christ. Now it's personal.

Being eaten is a mercy, human, and you should not wish worse on your pokémon. After all, you made the choice that she would die when you chose to bring her against us.

Let it be known, humans. Your fates will not be so different.

Eaten isn't even the way to describe it. You're suffocating her in Giratina's body. That's...that's wrong. Firstly it's unsportsmanlike. Secondly it's your choice to stand and fight where you are and not ours; if we were so insignificant and so little of a threat as you've been claiming then it shouldn't be so important to kill us. You could just ignore us like the insects you refer to us as and go straight for what you really want.

Well either way I'm nursing a vendetta now so. Enjoy it while you can.

... fool.

Do you think we care for your sport? This game is nothing but a set of restrictions on our true powers. We did not agree to this, humans. Our only interest is in destroying Her, and Her city, so that we can obtain freedom. It is this game that temporarily hinders us, and we shall end it as we see fit.

It is not important to kill you. Nevertheless, killing you is both convenient and enjoyable.

I don't get it. What's stopping you--three gods, no less--from leaving the city? You're already more powerful than Negrek is, with ten times the vitality of any of our Pokemon and twice the power.

She is stopping us, of course, but even if She did not, we must destroy Her to ensure our freedom persists for eternity. In Her domain, and after our imprisonment, She is able to do this much.

Do you not see how low those numbers are? Ten times the vitality. Twice the power. Outside of the restrictions of a game, you would be unable to even fathom how powerful we are. And it would not matter, for I would crush your skulls with a stray thought.

...if your stray thoughts are that lethal to hypothetically innocent bystanders, wouldn't it be best that you be restricted in some way? Maybe not a way such as this, but at the very least self-restricted...secluded somewhere.

At any rate, what is so important to do with your eternities of existence that you desire freedom so vehemently? You are gods, you are eternal; if you've spent this long biding time for no apparent purpose, what's a few more decades? Negrek's not going to live forever you know.

And what will become of Pathos, Kusari and Kratos when this is all finished?

Do you not think that when I spend my time as I please, I do not wish to surround myself with swarms of you insects? If some of you enter my domain as though you believe you have the right to go where you please, then you deserve what comes to you.

If you understood how powerful my mind is, human, perhaps you would understand. The time you spend planning your futile efforts feel like seven days - and if mere minutes are expanded so, do you not see how long the years of imprisonment might feel? Even if that were not the case, why should we submit to wrongful imprisonment for even an hour? Why should I be made to wait for Her to die? Why should I allow Her to imprison others, when I could instead destroy Her and have my revenge?

What's so important about revenge? I mean I know what Negrek did was wrong and I agree that it shouldn't happen in the first place, let alone be allowed to happen again, but if you were to wrong her by any means I am sure she wouldn't attempt to eat you.

And if you live for eternity then it would make lengths of time seem shorter, not longer. Not when you have presumably the entire existence of anything to ponder and you would theoretically never be able to answer all of the questions. Unless you are insinuating that you have discovered every single mystery's answer and therefore you would be able to distort reality into anything you want regardless of Pokeballs or games or whatever shenanigans Negrek is pulling.

I realize the motive behind killing us and all but I still don't think there's any point. It doesn't change the outcome in anyone's favor whether we live or die.

You do not understand the workings of eternity, human, nor can you comprehend the mind of a psychic as powerful as I am. My mind works as I will it, and I would not miss any chance to determine my method of escape. To slow my mind and await for the natural fall of this place is the same as death, human, and I will not die at the hands of any human. I will not forfeit.

Do take note, however, that I have no intent to see Her eaten. That is not the fate that awaits Her. It is merely the result of trying to stand in our way. If you stand before us, human, if you place yourselves as Her shields, we will destroy you as we see fit. You are nothing but insects and, indeed, it matters not if you live or die, but if you will not stand down, then you will be made to fall.

The destruction of this place will be a spectacle that humans tremble to behold. Then perhaps future humans will know not to come against us. For it is clear that the humans of the present, with no knowledge of our powers, are foolish enough to defy us.

With your blood spilled as a warning, then, perhaps we will not have to destroy all that exists.

The definition of an insect is any animal of the class Insecta; small air-breathing arthropods composed of a thorax, head, and abdomen, and having three pairs of legs. I wouldn't feel the need to point this out, except that you failed to identify my use of the word "eat" as metaphorical, which leads me to believe that your use of the word "insect" might not be metaphorical either.

I'm curious though; how did a "psychic as powerful as I am" become trapped by a mere human in the first place? Surely you must have seen her coming.

Round One - Act Two

After leaving Darkrai to stew, Fisher rockets off towards Giratina, who is sailing up to meet him with apparent unconcern. The aerodactyl banks to avoid crashing straight into Giratina's face, as the dragon shows no sign of turning aside, then shoots back up, swooping circles around the legend as it had earlier done to Darkrai. Giratina doesn't change course, but its eyes follow Fisher around and around as the aerodactyl loops and swerves, goading the dragon into giving chase all the while. There is little indication of the legend's displeasure, but there's no question that Giratina finds the little aerodactyl's antics irritating; its eyes narrow and it lashes its tail, wishing it had orders to swat the annoying bug rather than target another.

Unfortunately for Fisher, he stays a bit too focused on Giratina and being ready to dodge any unexpected moves by the dragon. He neglects to keep an eye on the pokémon he insulted during the previous round. Darkrai glides over to the two pokémon, silent as death, although Meta is still struggling and cursing in his grasp. With the prospect of Fisher so close at hand, Darkrai doesn't even consider dropping his catch; he only needs one hand for what he's about to do, anyway.

An acrobatic turn abruptly brings Fisher face to face with Darkrai. The aerodactyl panics and tries to pull up, but the legend is ready, free claws streaming ribbons of ghostly energy as he lashes out and grabs the prehistoric pokémon's shoulder. Darkrai digs his claws into Fisher's flesh and doesn't let go, ghost energy burning through even Fisher's tough hide. The aerodactyl squalls and twists, trying to dislodge the legend's grip, but only succeeds in dragging Darkrai's claws deeper, until they catch and hold fast in the thick muscles powering his wings.

Giratina chuckles to itself at the sight of Fisher's distress. A lazy turn, and the legend is bearing down on the trapped aerodactyl. ole_schooler and The Omskivar, the both of them already huddled against Fisher's back in hopes of avoiding Darkrai's claws, scream anew as Giratina's head descends from above, the dragon's jaws open wide.

Giratina reaches past the tittering humans and plucks Meta from Darkrai's hand, gulping the ditto down with no trouble at all. The Omskivar, who only just had to witness his own pokémon vanish down the dragon's throat, is treated to an up-close view of the struggling ditto go to join her, Meta's thin wails cut off abruptly as Giratina's mouth closes again. The dragon sails on, leaving Darkrai cackling with delight and holding Fisher tight.

Buzzcomb is unprepared to receive a visitor in her cramped little abode, and is mightily confused when the still darkness of Giratina's stomach is abruptly full of squeaking, struggling ditto. The vespiquen drones at Meta to calm down and stop flailing about; Buzzcomb finds the clammy touch of the ditto's pseudopods distasteful in the extreme. Meta is much too worked up to listen to her, though, and doesn't stop struggling until simple exhaustion overcomes him.

Buzzcomb rasps irritated comments about her teammate under her breath as she prepares her attack. Neither of her targets is in sight, but she might as well try attacking and see if that gets her closer to escape. Somewhat reluctantly instructing her drones to attack Giratina only, leaving Meta alone, she releases a cloud of vicious bees into Giratina's stomach. They swarm and buzz blindly, but alight almost immediately on the walls of the chamber, biting and stinging with vigor. Almost as instantly, they perish, poisoned by the soporiphics seeping from Giratina's flesh. Buzzcomb feels them dying and acknowledges, grimly, that though the gunk covering her isn't killing her quickly, given time it will finish her off. Giratina, meanwhile, grumbles to itself. This is always the problem with eating pokémon rather than humans--terrible indigestion.

Mewtwo points one finger towards the sky and turns it in a lazy circle, green energy glowing at its tip. In moments, the same green shield that protects the Asberian team cloaks the legends as well as Mewtwo matches their strategy safeguard for safeguard.

Both Leo and Monopole see their strategies curtailed, and with nothing better to do they converge on Darkrai, intending to get some real damage in on something at last. They both aim their attacks in an attempt to wrench Fisher away from the legend, but Darkrai holds fast even as Leo slams a drain punch into its side, tearing a scrap of the legend's lifeforce away with the precise strike. It's harder to hang on after Monopole's hammer arm clangs down straight atop its head, but the nightmare pokémon manages, raising its free hand to massage its aching head and grumbling to itself once it's sure of its grip.

Team Legend
Safeguard in play: 5 more actions

Kratos Aurion (O)
giratinaof2.png

Giratina (X) <Levitate>
Health: 993
Energy: 996
Used: Eat Meta
- *burp* Taunted (2 more actions).

Pathos (O)
darkrai
Darkrai (X) <Bad Dreams>
Health: 966
Energy: 992
Used: Shadow Claw (Grab Fisher)
- Clinging to Fisher's shoulder. Taunted (2 more actions).

Kusarigamaitachi
mewtwo
Health: 1000
Energy: 995
Used: Safeguard
- Will none challenge me?

Team Asber
Safeguard in play: 4 more actions

The Omskivar (O)
vespiquen
Buzzcomb (F) <Pressure> @ Expert Belt
Health: 97%
Energy: 95%
Used: Attack Order @ Giratina
- Trying to keep her cool. Four actions to suffocation KO.

Superbird (O)
ditto
Meta (X) <Limber>
Health: 91%
Energy: 98%
Used: Nothing
- Utterly terrified. Taunted (1 more action). Five actions to suffocation KO.

Grass King (O)
metagross
Monopole (X) <Clear Body> @ Leftovers
Health: 100%
Energy: 93%
Used: Hammer Arm @ Darkrai
- Somewhat vindicated. -1 Speed

ole_schooler (O)
aerodactyl
Fisher (M) <Pressure> @ Choice Scarf
Health: 92%
Energy: 92%
Used: Taunt @ Giratina
- Trying not to panic.

Mawile (O)
gallade
Leo (M) <Steadfast> @ Expert Belt
Health: 100%
Energy: 94%
Used: Drain Punch @ Darkrai
- Glad to be on the offensive.

Last edited:
Oh? Were you going to attempt something, my fellow psychics?

Just as well that you can't follow the orders of the trash you call your trainers, then. But it will not save you, and the failure of your trainers to command you will only spell your doom.

I do apologise, psychics, that you must fall with them. But you, too, have chosen your side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom