• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Best Pixar Movie Ever?

Best Pixar Movie Ever?

• Toy Story

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • A Bug's Life

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Toy Story 2

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Monsters, Inc.

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Finding Nemo

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • The Incredibles

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Cars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ratatouille

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • WALL-E

Votes: 32 42.1%

• Total voters
I've only seen all of them once (except for Monsters, Inc., which I never saw, and Finding Nemo, which I've seen twice - maybe I saw A Bug's Life twice as well, now that I think about it). And to boot, Toy Story was in 1995 or whenever it was that it came out, so I really don't remember what the plot was beyond what could be inferred from that silly Toy Story video game which I had. Actually, I remember even less of the plot of Toy Story 2.

But. From what I've seen and remember, I think my favorite is The Incredibles, which I really want to see again sometime. WALL-E, however, has the honour of having tugged more at my heartstrings than any other piece of fiction I have seen. I was bawling for about ten minutes in the car, after the movie was over. What the hell. And don't think I wasn't trying to maintain my composure. I'm going to see that again with my friends, hopefully this weekend, so let's see what happens then.

Incidentally, I wanted to like Kung Fu Panda like you wouldn't believe (I had wanted to see it for ages by the time I did), but I really just... didn't. :( It might have been that I was watching a low-quality online streaming which basically turned all the action sequences into a blur, but the plot was really kind of clichéd and with the conflict not built up well enough. It definitely had its moments, but I just... didn't really like it. D:

Well they've released that medieval one with the mouse. Even the reviewers who were supposed to promote the movie on Paul O Grady said it wasn't that good... It does look crap.

Apparently they're released another Toy Story in 2009. I so hope they don't kill it.

...that medieval one with the mouse? o.O Ratatouille was about a rat and most definitely not medieval. Not to mention it got stellar reviews, like every other Pixar film (except perhaps Cars). And it was not just being released. What movie are you referring to?

I saw a commercial for it, but I can't remember the name. Yeah, it looks pretty stupid, like another Ant Bully or something like that. But who knows? I'm not very hopeful, though.

EDIT: Found it. It's called The Tale of Despereaux. Also, it's CG is kind of meh. People on IMDB seem to be hopeful, but I remain skeptical.

Last edited:
...oh, wow. The Incredibles had a torture scene. Now I know why I loved it so much! :o

In all seriousness, though, I saw it again, and yeah, it's my favorite. WALL-E is amazing and beautiful and the absolute most adorable film ever made, but the Incredibles, as characters, are more interesting, and you know I'm a sucker for tough guys having emotional breakdowns. :D

And I adored the goons. There's the one who was after Violet, who showed some signs of actual intelligence and being an evil, nasty person in his own right! There's the ones in the van who were playing a twisted drinking game - they have a life, they have fun! There's the one Dash beat the crap out of and knocked off his visor - he had eyes (and not even the evil kind of eyes) just so he could look genuinely terrified as he crashed into a cliff and exploded! Fancy that.

My favorite's most likely WALL-E. :3 I have absolutely no clue why I didn't cry even though I should have, but it's freaking adorable <3

I also quite like Toy Story.

Wall-e, because of the overall adorableness :3

A VERY close second is Bug's Life.. I still laugh like a madman when Hopper's brother hits the Anthill-ceiling XD

I really need to watch The Incredibles again. It's been forever. Sadly, it's kind of tainted in my memories, because the first time I saw it was at my mom's annoying friend's house, and her and her family wouldn't stop fucking screaming at each other. Really, they screamed through the whole damn movie. >_O

Anyway, just watched the BURN-E short. It was LOL-tastic. The 2001 shout-out was amazing. :D

Sorry for double-post, but I just saw Ratatouille (Oddly, it's been on Youtube in its entirety for six months with no objection from Disney...o_O). It's good, definitely amusing and surprisingly emotional at times, though not Pixar's best (after watching WALL-E so many times, I kind of got whiplash from its pacing). But I'm a sucker for movies where rats are portrayed sympathetically.

Aww, me too. I love rats <3

I loved the Incredibles because it was a story about normal family life with a geeky comic book story twist; things like that fight at the dinner table was the best thing ever X3
Plus, all the main characters are memorable, and not only is it the only DP movie I can think of that shows blood or even real violence , it deals with loads more themes you rarely get to see in a kid's movie; issues of fidelity, parental responsbility, self-image and, uh, other things that I'm sure are there but I've forgotten about because I haven't seen it in ages.

I've always loved rats, and still have trouble understanding why people are afraid of them. They're the best rodent pets one can have, and I think they're cute. :3

Anyway, a few of my favorite Ratatouille moments:

Linguini: I have a tiny...little...
Colette: ....*eyes flick downwards*

Also, the scene when Linguini explained to the rest of the cooks about Remy and they all quit. Before Colette left, when she was about to slap him, tears in her eyes, and she just dropped her arm and left sobbing. For some reason, that had an impact on me.

And, of course, the little scene from Ego's childhood at the end. D'awww...

WALL-E's still by in large (heh) my favorite, but Ratatouille was damn good.

Back
Top Bottom