• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Most Hated Pokemon Ever

Round 1!

• Total voters
Garchomp is awesome. :/ Besides, he isn't the only Ground/Dragon pokemon; don't forget Flygon.

God I hate Oddish.
But Flygon isn't overpowered as fuck; remember that it only has a 520 total stat, and Garchomp has 600, with the latter's lowest stat being the former's second highest.

Not to mention the moveset; Garchomp gets Dragon Rush at 55 while Flygon's strongest Dragon move is Dragon Claw; 80 damage against 100 damage with a chance to flinch. Against a Dragon-type that STABs Earthquake. That plus Swords Dance makes Garchomp an Uber.

Don't get me wrong, aesthetically it's perfect; nothing better than a flying shark with jet turbines on its face.

Opinion: KRICKETUNE oh god I decided today that nobody actually likes them, they are useless and don't even have memetic awesomeness to back them up (unlike Bidoof or Magikarp); they have obnoxious cries and a stupid design and are friggin' EVERYWHERE.

Why all the Pikachu hate? :c Pikachu's adorable. And sure, it's the mascot for the anime and gets shoved down our throats when it comes to merchandise, but that's because it's cute and appeals to both genders. If it wasn't so overmerchandized, it wouldn't be as hated. I don't understand the Clefairy hate, either; it's a moon fairy with a trippy moveset that evolves into the awesome Clefable.

Magikarp and Azurill... eh, Azurill's line as a whole is more useless, but I definitely don't hate them (for a while, Azumarill was my favourite Pokemon). So it's basically a draw here, although I voted Magikarp because I don't know, they're both ok.

Ariados if fffawesome what are you saying?! What's with all the spider hate? (okay, I know, people don't like spiders. Still.) Mr. Mime has a stupid name, a stupid design, and a pointless prevo-- I agree, I'm siding with you on this one.

Lickilicky v. Bidoof... well, I don't really have a problem with either, but Lickilicky gets my vote because Bidoof is so awesomely derp even if it is annoying.

I thought Azurill had a simple, effective design. I dislike the Marill line as a whole, but Azurill definitely isn't bad.

Kricketune is cool. It's got a mustache, which makes it awesome. Similarly to Probopass.

But Flygon isn't overpowered as fuck; remember that it only has a 520 total stat, and Garchomp has 600, with the latter's lowest stat being the former's second highest.

third highest. flygon has 100s in both attack and speed and the rest are all 80.

Not to mention the moveset; Garchomp gets Dragon Rush at 55 while Flygon's strongest Dragon move is Dragon Claw; 80 damage against 100 damage with a chance to flinch. Against a Dragon-type that STABs Earthquake. That plus Swords Dance makes Garchomp an Uber.

dragon rush is almost never used; its miss chance hurts, leaving it with 75 BP after accounting for accuracy, against 80.

also, both are eligible for outrage by tutor, so.

agreed on the rest, though.

GEODUDE. ZUBAT. MACHOP.

When pokemon games get rid of these general 3 pokemon appearing in the wild, EVERY 3 SECONDS >,<, I will rejoice.

GEODUDE. ZUBAT. MACHOP.

When pokemon games get rid of these general 3 pokemon appearing in the wild, EVERY 3 SECONDS >,<, I will rejoice.

I agree. But I own zubat and machop. In SHINY. Why must I have the shinies that aren't rare?

I wouldn't hate Zubat so much if they didn't give it SUPERSONIC and MEAN LOOK and OTHER ANNOYING MOVES I FORGET. Geodudes are fine because I can kill them.

Clefairy vrs. Pikachu? WHAT MADNESS IS THIS!? Both are awesome and adorable. ;;

Mr. Mime can go to hell, though. And I find Zubat totally adorable when I'm raising and evolving one, but in a cave... yeah. Might be more tolerable if it weren't for that damn REEERGHGHGHG cry. >_> Tentacool is way more annoying. Especially when you're trying to train a low levelled Pokemon and it bloody Wraps you and then manages to kill you with its stupid poison moves. My poor, poor Dratini.

EDIT: Azurill, too? Why must people hate cute Pokemon? ;A; Horrid Pokemon like Croagunk should get more hate. It's disturbing-looking and has the most hideous name I've ever heard on anything ever.

I hate tentaccol and zubat. and geodude. they get boring after playing gold,crystal,yellow,ruby,emerald,fire red,fire red,diamond,diamond,diamond,pearl,platinum,and soul silver and the tentacools poisn and zubats too.

Tentacool, and geodude, and rattata get pretty annoying. Even swinub, when you are in an icy area. Wild wobbuffet WILL F*CK YOU UP! It's not classified as an uber for nothing...

This question can have several answers, depending on what type of hate we're talking about. If it's annoying, then the Zubat line due to being just so damn common. They poison you and will most likely confuse you at the same time, and especially early on, they're probably faster than your Pokemon as well. The Tentacool duo shares this exact same problem, poison and all, plus they can Wrap you, thus taking out a really horrifying chunk of HP each turn, especially if your Pokemon hurts itself due to confusion. At least the Tentacool line isn't as fast, and have several more weaknesses. Geodude's line will almost certainly explode on you every time if you don't kill them in one or two hits, probably taking out one of your Pokemon with it, so caves are just generally pretty frickin' annoying places. Ludicolo has a couple of those damned flinch attacks and a confusion-inducing move, plus really only two workable weaknesses.

If it's sheer strength we're talking about, then several Pokemon fit this bill as well. One of them would have to be Bronzong. Only two weaknesses, one of those almost always being negated by its ability, freaking high defense stats, and a great ol' fat load of Special Attack due to being a Psychic-type. Spiritomb and Sableye have no weaknesses and several immunities due to being Dark/Ghost type, and each of them have half-decent attack stats to boot, making them not just good for walling opponents. Made even worse if it's a hacked one in a Wi-Fi battle that has Wonder Guard as an ability, thus only making weather effects, Spikes and Toxic Spikes, and Stealth Rock even remotely affecting them.

If it’s trying to capture, or at times even just to find a Pokemon, then pretty much every single legendary out there fits the bill. For finding them, just about any shiny Pokemon fits the bill. Thus, getting a legit shiny legendary or starter is a virtually unforeseeable task. The only exceptions are the event shinies and the Red Gyarados. Spiritomb’s also a doozy if you’re not very popular.

Lastly, it’s just a matter of appearance. Immediately, Jynx and Mr. Mime come to mind. Enough said, really.

Last edited:
Celebi. It's all disproportionate. Look at those gigantic arms. :x And the head looks like a fucked-up Cyndaquil's.

Lickilliy because it's toung is gross and it sucks!

You spelt Lickilicky and tongue wrong. WHY MUST YOU HATE ON IT. ISH UBERLY PRO. I just like cause it's fat. And fat Pokemon are the best. Snorlax, anyone? Exactly. Pro. DONT DISGRACE THE FAT PINK BLOB WITH AN OVERLY SIZED TONGUE!

On the subject of pokemon that ARE EVERYWHERE! I have to nominate rattata for the next run. They are everywhere in Kanto, from start to finish, beating you up with quick attack at the start of the game and chopping half your health off in Cinnabar.
Also, did anyone else almost lose their first battle with a bulbasaur those cursed gust pidgey's in red and blue? I died so much there.

Back
Top Bottom