• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What is your favorite Beatles song?

#1 bro

FEELING GREAT, FEELING GOOD, HOW ARE YOU?
A favorite Beatles song is one of those things that everyone has to have for some arbitrary reason, just like "subject in school" or "flavor of ice cream" so that when someone inevitably brings it up in a conversation you have a reply ready and waiting. Anyway what is yours?

Mine is "Long, Long, Long". It's a relatively unknown one but I like it. I really like songs that sort of form an environment around you (this might make no sense, sorry) and this track is definitely like a tiny little pocket of the universe. I also like how pure and simple the emotions are ("it's been a long long long time... how can i ever have lost you... i'm so happy now that i found you..."). And of course I absolutely adore the thirty seconds of noise at the end... it really does feel otherworldly...

Runners-up would be Strawberry Fields Forever ("nothing is real") and Penny Lane (might be the catchiest song ever written, honestly).

I'm not really a Beatles fan but my favourite one of their songs is "I Am the Walrus" and I'm not entirely sure why.

well gosh it's hard too choose...

But my top five would have to be I am the Walrus, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, Here Comes the Sun, Maxwell's Silver Hammer, and Sergent Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Gang (If that's the title, I forget and am too lazy to check right now.)

... I'm quite sorry, but I just plain hate the Beatles. :(
The only songs of theirs I can stand are Eleanor Rigby and A Day In The Life, which are honestly decent songs.
I think me not liking them would have to do with their voices, not necessarily the music. I tend to prefer the female mezzo-soprano voice, like Lady Gaga or Amy Lee, to name more famous examples. I like the music of some of their songs, but I really don't think that the music alone can make a song great.
And it's not a question of whether I'm pissed at them for being the best-selling artist or group of all time, as my father would have you believe.
But yes, I love "Eleanor Rigby."

*prepares to be shot*

Eleanor Rigby, specifically the bit with Father McKenzie darning his socks.

I quite like Strawberry Fields as well.

Last edited:
YOU SAY YES
I SAY NO
YOU SAY STOP
AND I SAY GO, GO, GO!
OH NO
YOU SAY GOODBYE, AND I SAY HELLO
HELLO HELLO, I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU SAY GOODBYE I SAY HELLO

A Day In The Life. If I had to choose another, it would probably be In My Life (wait, what?). John Lennon is my favorite songwriter in the band. The lameness of Paul's part in In My Life is made up for by the awesomeness of the rest of the song.

Eleanor Rigby
picks up the rice in a church where a wedding has been
lives in a dream
Wearing the face that she keeps in a jar by the door
who is it for?

All the lonely people, where do they all come from?
All the lonely people, where do they all belong?

that, and Yellow Submarine.

EDIT: forgot to mention, I didn't even like the beatles befor I heard Eleanor Rigby.

Last edited:
Tough one, but very possibly I Want You (She's So Heavy). Simple and repetitive? Sure. But it's just so hypnotic.

...but really, they have so many utterly different songs that it's awfully hard to compare them. Just listing all of the candidates would take ages.

Tough one, but very possibly I Want You (She's So Heavy). Simple and repetitive? Sure. But it's just so hypnotic.

...but really, they have so many utterly different songs that it's awfully hard to compare them. Just listing all of the candidates would take ages.

That.

...or maybe Helter Skelter? This isn't a very easy decision to make.

Velvet Underground is better, though. Just saying.

Revolution Nine backwards

Can't Buy me Love, but I am the Walrus, and Octopus's Garden are runners up.

Back
Top Bottom