• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What is your favorite Beatles song?

I would say The End, but it's not quite the same without the rest of the medley preceding. So... Octopus' Garden, I guess. Or possibly Come Together. Or- you know what, just pretend Abbey Road is all one song.

EDIT: But Simon & Garfunkel are better. 8) (this is relevant because I keep mistaking their songs for Beatles songs and vice versa)

Last edited:
Nowhere Man.

I'm not a Beatles fan and don't think I've even heard of most of those songs, and I'm not even entirely sure why I like this one aside from the fact that it somehow inspired a totally unrelated fanfic, but yeah. Nowhere Man.

I would say The End, but it's not quite the same without the rest of the medley preceding. So... Octopus' Garden, I guess. Or possibly Come Together. Or- you know what, just pretend Abbey Road is all one song.

EDIT: But Simon & Garfunkel are better. 8) (this is relevant because I keep mistaking their songs for Beatles songs and vice versa)

S&G are indeed way better.

Yellow Submariiiiiiine <3333 oh god I love that song. Also, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.

Though Hey Jude has a very special place in my heart - my sister and I do a fantastic rendition of our own, slightly modified version - Hey Jude Law.

I really like The Beatles. The Yellow Submarine soundtrack was the first CD I ever bought :D

Darn I forgot about Hey Jude. The school made us sing that in our house choir last year. It was fun, much better than any song we did in previous years.

I am sad that no one else has said Lovely Rita. I dunno man, just that Sgt Pepper's totally my fave.

Reporter: I'd like to direct this question to messrs. Lennon and McCartney. In a recent article, Time magazine put down pop music. And they referred to "Day Tripper" as being about a prostitute...
Paul: Oh yeah.
Reporter: ...and "Norwegian Wood" as being about a lesbian.
Paul: Oh yeah.
Reporter: I just wanted to know what your intent was when you wrote it, and what your feeling is about the Time magazine criticism of the music that is being written today.
Paul: We were just trying to write songs about prostitutes and lesbians, that's all.

Man. It seems like I'm the only one having so much trouble deciding.
Eleanor Rigby, Octopus' Garden, Ob-la-di, Helter Skelter, Maxwell's Silver Hammer, Norwegian Wood, and Dear Prudence, I know I all like a lot. But then, I also like Back in the USSR, and Come Together, and Nowhere Man isn't too bad...

I might have to go with Ob-la-di just because it's got a nice strong beat, it's upbeat, and I didn't see anyone else mention it by name.
Also because of this. It's such a hard-to-wedge-in sort of pun, you've gotta point it out when you can.
And I'm not about to set you all up and wait for someone to ask, "Wait, what song did the Beatles write about any sort of dungeon?"

EDIT: Oh! And Happiness is a Warm Gun surely deserves at least a mention. I think it contains the best transition from 4/4 to 3/4 time I've ever heard. It's at least pretty much my favorite.

Last edited:
i love the beatles so much its not even funny.

Probably Revolution, In My Life, or Eight Days a Week.
Helter Skelter, Hey Jude and Across the Universe are runner-ups.

Why do I seem to be the only one who adores 'Come Together'? I'm not sure why, I just really like that song for some reason. That's just the kind of song I like, I guess.

Why do I seem to be the only one who adores 'Come Together'? I'm not sure why, I just really like that song for some reason. That's just the kind of song I like, I guess.
Best thing that happened when I was in Barcelona? I'm in a group of what's 60ish people all said and done, and we're heading to the planned group dinner. We come out of the subway station at... Bogatell, I think it was. There's a street performer on the way out down in the station, playing guitar and singing Come Together.
It seemed like our whole group joined in on singing the chorus.
It was pretty awesome.

Just wish we weren't in such a hurry; shoulda tossed the guy a euro or two. He deserved it.

Back
Top Bottom