• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Crossroads

*Claws way out of grave*
Mawile
You send out your Cyndaquil and begin to trek across the glacier. While your Pokemon keeps you warm, you don't want too much warmth or else you might melt a hole in the glacier. You journey onwards, and you feel something land on your head. It's a female Swablu. She must have been cold and decided to try find some warmth. Yes/No?

Captain Sea Turtle
Sending out your Piplup, you brush aside some ferns, and begin to explore the deep rainforest. Wait, did that plant just move? Yes, it did! It's a female Oddish
Yes/No

Brock
Leaving the Rattata to its scavenging, you move on. Through the sandstorm, you can hear a sound. It sounds like somebody crying. You decide to find the source. Soon, a shape becomes visible through the flying sand. It's a male Cubone He must be pretty young. Yes/No?

And I know you had a Sandshrew, Grumpig, and Hippopotas. Keep them.

*Claws way out of grave*
Mawile
You send out your Cyndaquil and begin to trek across the glacier. While your Pokemon keeps you warm, you don't want too much warmth or else you might melt a hole in the glacier. You journey onwards, and you feel something land on your head. It's a female Swablu. She must have been cold and decided to try find some warmth. Yes/No?
Pass, please.

Mawile
You decide not to catch the Swablu. It follows you for a while, then flies off. Now it's just you and Cyndaquil again. But not for long, ans you soon find a female Swinub Yes/No?

Brock
Leaving the Rattata to its scavenging, you move on. Through the sandstorm, you can hear a sound. It sounds like somebody crying. You decide to find the source. Soon, a shape becomes visible through the flying sand. It's a male Cubone He must be pretty young. Yes/No?

And I know you had a Sandshrew, Grumpig, and Hippopotas. Keep them.

Cata catch.

Aw thanks.

I know Hippopotas was male and Grumpig was female, but what about Sandshrew?

^Your Sandshrew is female. It might've been male before, but I just re-randomized it, so meh. Alright, where was I...

Mawile
You try to leave the Swinub behind, but she seems to like you and won't go away. Wanna change your mind?

godzilla898
...Where are you going, again?

Hidan who used to be Brock
Glad that your Hippopotas, Grumpig and Sandshrew are safe, you decide to add to your collection of desert Pokemon (I wonder why everyone seems to like that place...) with a Cubone. Soon, you come across a female Numel Want her or not?

I left off catching the Spinda and asking if I can switch areas without having to re-enter. If yes, rainforest, please. If no, then further into the sandy deathtrap!

Okay... keep the Spinda, you can switch areas without re-starting the challenge but your challenge is still re-started because of mechanics changes here.

You journey into the rainforest. True to its name, it is raining, but all the tree cover is keeping you dry. Mostly. Soon, you come across a small clearing with a pond in it. The lily pads seem to be enjoying the rain. Hey, that's not a lily pad! It's a male
Lotad
Want or not?

And I lied.
godzilla898
You leave the Lotad behind. It didn't notice you at all. The rain is beginning to let up. You have been watching that Lotad for two weeks now. soon, you find a male
Wurmple
Yay or Nay?

Mawile
You give into the Swinub, and decide to catch her. After you catch her, she bursts out of the ball on her own and starts following you around. You wander around with her, and suddenly she rushes ahead. Maybe she's found something! You race after her, and find her circling around on thin ice. Then, a female
Poliwag
bursts out of the ice. Yay/Nay?

Last edited:
godzilla898
Grinning, you throw your Pokeball at the Wurmple. He is sucked inside without a mishap. Indeed the weakest bug ever. You continue into the rainforest, and find a male
Bellsprout
Catch/Ignore?
Your Collection: Wurmple [M]

Mawile
Leaving the Poliwag where she is, you, Cyndaquil and Swinub continue to explore the glacier. You're getting close to where the glacier empties into the sea now, and there are all sorts of hardy sea Pokemon swimming around. One jumps out of the water in front of your feet. It's a female
Shellder
Catch/Ignore?
Your Collection: Swinub [F]

You're probably sick of my excuses. The plain truth is, I'm super lazy and I've been putting this off for ages. *Flexes typing fingers* Here we go:
godzilla898
You have two Pokeballs left. Now, are you catching the Bellsprout or not?

Mawile
You throw your Pokeball at the Shellder before it jumps back in the water. Nice catch. You leave the ocean's icy shore and head farther up the glacier. You find a female
Swinub
Catch or not?

You ignore the Bellsprout and move on. Evening is just setting in, and it's starting to get dark. Hey, there's a light moving between the trees. You chase after it, hoping it's something ra-oh. Nevermind, it's just a
Volbeat [M]
Want or not?

Back
Top Bottom