• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Personality Types!

Rai-CH

Pretty inactive
I saw a few people with these in their signatures , and it was briefly discussed in the 'What kind of people do you hang out with?' thread. Based on the Myer-Briggs Type Indicator tests (MTBI), what is your personality type?

you can take a test (or just read up on all the types) here (you may need to create an account), and there's another test that doesn't requite an account here. On the first link , you can get a list of jobs that might suit you, if you find that interesting :)

I am an ISTJ, or an inspector. I think it suits me because I am a huge stickler for rules and responsibilities and I tend to become extremely dedicated to my work. Apparently I must be a very boring person because my ideal jobs are an accountant, math teacher, doctor and all those sorts of jobs. However, one of the 'ideal jobs' is a detective, would sounds super cool :P

Decided to retake it! Oooh, I got something new...

INFP.

Read the description... heh, Dreamer. That sounds like me, all right. All floaty and off in la-la land. I often am more in my head than anywhere else, and am mostly in big daydreams and fantasies. Think it might be better than what I got last time... (ISFP and ISFJ)

I never seem to agree with the results I get on these types of tests, but I'll post anyway...

223619.png

This is me from ... the last time I took it (it helpfully doesn't have a date, but at least a year or two ago):

This is me today.

-- wait a minute. Okay, I can tell from the URLs that the previous one is, in fact, one taken much earlier than the one today (35323.png vs 223626.png), but seriously? They're /exactly alike/? Seriously?

INFJ, represent! ^o^

I usually get something on the INFJ/INFP border, though. INFJ is a lot more accurate for me.

I get different results from Myers-Briggs every time. Before I've gotten INTP and ISFJ, so I guess the I is the only part that's definitely accurate.

Last edited:
Before I've gotten INTP and ISFJ, so I guess the I is the only part that's definitely accurate.

That may be because INTP and ISFJ actually have the same functions! It's just that the ISFJ's primary and secondary functions are the INTP's tertiary and inferior function. And the INTP's primary and secondary are ISFJ's tertiary and inferior. INTPs and ISFJs are very different people, sure, but I don't think getting either result is way out there. INTJs are closer to INTPs than ISFJs, though...

Typelogic as pretty good pages for the different types if you guys want to read more into it. And this PersonalityCafe thread is good for if you want to figure out what you are but don't think the results you get form tests don't really suit you... And also if you just want a better idea of how this works.

Last edited:
And when you need a dose of reality, there's TVTropes to explain how it's really no better than astrology and should never be treated as anything greater than what it is: an online personality test.

I dunno, I'd trust MBTI more than astrology or other random online personality quizzes. Peoples' results, when they take a free test made by someone else, can differ depending on their mood or gradual changes in thinking over time. That's why I think it'd be best to figure it out for yourself (as I posted above), since sometimes questions are too vague or too specific or too subjective. At least MBTI is based in actual psychology and not something that is totally unrelated to our brains like stars or something.

And when you need a dose of reality, there's TVTropes to explain how it's really no better than astrology and should never be treated as anything greater than what it is: an online personality test.

If you say so. I'm INFJ/INFP and absolutely none of the other types could possibly apply to me most; with astrology most people could fit comfortably into most of the sun signs.

I don't see how it's not "better" than astrology. If you answer the questions completely honestly (which is, admittedly, hard to even know you're doing) you're going to get something accurate. :/

INFJ represent!!!

the multiple intelligence part is old as shit though so who knows if that's the same

"ISFJs are loyal, orderly and sensitive. They can be very shy around people they don't know, but are the sort of person who will always remember your birthday, and are never accidentally offensive."

Pretty much describes me. No, actually, very much describes me.

It was close, though I'm not the best writer. lol
Funny thing is I always thought I was too judging, O_o

I actually took an MBTI assessment for a class and ended up with ISTJ (I almost ended up as INTJ though, since I only had a 1% preference for Sensing). Most of the people in my class were ENFP.

I took the test that was linked to. Here are my results:

Pretty much what I got before, except my preferences for Sensing, Thinking, and Judging are much higher than they were previously...

Last edited:
I get a different result everytime I try this. First I was ISTJ. Then INTP. Now...

223653.png

o_o It changes every single time.

EDIT: okay, so this test gave me this:
INTP
moderately expressed introvert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed thinking personality
slightly expressed perceiving personality

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom