• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Eonrider vs Mai

Lucas₇₅₅

Screw the rules, I have green hair!
Pronoun
he
How's about a battle for the leadup to B/W?

1vs1 single
Style: Set
DQ: 7 Days
Damage Cap: 25%
Banned Things: OHKO moves, Pokemon that don't have a DW ability or have a 5th gen DW ability.
Arena: The Dream World
In Isshu, there is a strange machine used to connect trainers to their dreams. Now, TCoDASB has a prototype. This one, though, is for the sole purpose of battling. Once the trainers and their Pokemon are in the dream, the battle starts. The dream is simple, it is just a plain white nothingness. Pokemon that usually have to be in the water will now levitate, and have no need to breathe. Because this is a dream, things needed to use a move, e.g. rocks for Stealth Rock, will instantly appear. Likewise, Dig and Dive still work.

Eonrider's active squad:

Torchic
Nickname: Fire Fist
Species: Torchic
Ability: Blaze
Experience: 0/2 to Combusken
Approval: Here

Zubat
Nickname: Radar
Species:Zubat
Ability: Inner Focus

Riolu
Nickname: Aura
Species: Riolu
Ability: Steadfast

Baltoy
Nickname: Relic
Species: Baltoy
Ability: Levitate

Mai's active squad:

Ralts
[Rallie] Ralts (Female)
Ability: Trace

Cyndaquil
[Cyndy] Cyndaquil (Female)
Ability: Blaze

Sableye
[Dia] Sableye (Male)
Ability: Stall

Pre-match:
Eonrider sends out
Mai sends out and attacks
Eonrider attacks
I ref.

Eonrider, could you explain the limitations on dream world abilities? It seems, the way you've said it, that you're banning pokemon with dream world abilities and ones without dream world abilities. Which is everything.

Last edited:
I think he means ones with no possible dream world abilities and ones who actually have it. We should still ask him though.

What I meant was that Pokemon the DO NOT have a Dream World Ability cannot be used. I also meant that Pokemon who have a Dream World Ability that is EXCLUSIVE TO 5th GEN are banned, e.g Harvest Tropius.
EDIT: Sending out Fire Fist.

Sending out Rallie.

Okay, Rallie! We're going defensive. First use confuse ray. If that hits and he is confused, then use calm mind. If he is not confused, use attract. On the last round, use psychic. If at any point you are taunted, then use confusion all the way.

Confuse way/Confusion~Calm mind/Confusion/Attract~Psychic/Confusion

Okay, that Confuse Ray is bad, Fire Fist. Protect yourself from it. Then, Shadow Claw, for the SE. Finally, to rack up some overall damage, use Toxic.
Protect~Shadow Claw~Toxic
Uh, although Ralts technically isn't allowed, seeing as its DW ability is useless, I'm going to leave that decision to the ref.

The two trainers enter a completely white room. Save for a ref sitting in a chair off to the side, it is entirely empty. The two trainers move to their sides of the field, as far as they can tell among the whiteness. The ref finally begins to take notice of them. He sits up straight and says to them, “Welcome to the Dream World.” Slightly unsettled by the ref, the two trainers send out their Pokémon. Mai, after waiting for a bit to think over his decision, sends out a Ralts. Acting more quickly, Eonrider selects a ball and throws it to the center of the field, revealing a Torchic. Both pokemon seem disconcerted by the intense whiteness all around them, but seem nonetheless ready for battle. The trainers give their commands and the battle commences.

Fire Fist ♂
torchic
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%

Rallie ♀
Ralts
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Status: “Hey, does it look like I’m just a green helmet floating here?”

Rallie wastes no time and begins to focus. Her eyes and horns soon begin to glow lavender. As soon as they become fully saturated with color, a jagged purple beam shoots from Rallie’s front horn, heading straight at Fire Fist. However, the beam is stopped just in time by a green bubble surrounding Fire Fist. Rallie gives a sigh of disappointment, having focused her energy too much on her own action. How did he do that so fast?
This time, Fire Fist acts first. He begins to sprint toward Rallie at full speed, at least for a chicken. As he runs, one of his claws slowly begins to turn into a jagged shadow. Finally, he jumps into the air and slashes his claw on Rallie’s stomach. Rallie reels backward in pain, feeling the full force of the super effective hit. Despite the pain, Rallie rights herself again and lifts up her helmet, revealing her eyes. She puts on a pouty expression that appears to say How could you have hurt me like that? and sends pink hearts flying toward Fire Fist. True to cartoon mechanics, Fire Fist’s eyes turn into pulsing pink hearts and he becomes hopelessly attracted. Oh no! I’ve made a horrible mistake. How will she ever forgive me?
I know! I’ll just intentionally miss this attack! My trainer will think I tried, and Rallie will love me! It’s my best plan ever! Fire Fist begins to concentrate, closing his eyes and tensing his muscles. Finally, he regurgitates a violet liquid and spits it toward Rallie, being careful to aim a few feet to the right. Rallie sees the poison coming, and attempts to dodge… by going a few feet to the right. Unfortunately for her, it connects. The poison sinks into Rallie’s skin, causing her to faintly glow purple for a few seconds. It goes away, but Rallie still looks affected. Rallie shsoots an angry glance toward Fire Fist. Fire Fist looks surprised. Crap! She thinks I did that on purpose! Now she probably hates me even more. Rallie concentrates once more, this time making her eyes glow a whiter shade of lavender. After a while, Fire Fist’s outline begins to glow, and he is lifted off the ground. He struggles, but to no avail. Rallie is in complete control. She starts by lifting him up higher and shakes him around a bit. After that, she bangs him on the ground a few times and finally lets go. Fire Fist slumps immediately to the ground. He gets up after a few seconds, but wobbles around a bit before regaining his faculties. Shortly afterwards, he notices a tensing feeling in his leg muscles, like they are getting stronger. This gives him an increased confidence in his running speed.

Fire Fist ♂
torchic
Health: 90%
Energy: 84%
Status: “I probably deserved that. I didn’t mean the Toxic, I swear!” Infatuated. +1 speed

Rallie ♀
Ralts
Health: 91%
Energy: 90%
Status: “…Get it, because the room’s all white, and… Gee, tough crowd.” Severely poisoned, 2% this round, 3% next.

Next round:
Eonrider attacks first.

Last edited:
Wait, so do our pokemon actually get the DW abilities for this battle? Because Rallie has Synchronize, so unless I'm missing something, Fire Fist should be severely poisoned. Am I forgetting something?

^That was sort of the point of the battle, yeah. Sorry for not making that clearer.

Anyways, I think that round went pretty well, don't you Fire Fist. I can see you oggling at Rallie over there, so why don't you impress her with a pretty Will-o-wisp? Of course, if you can't stack status conditions in ASB, then Attract her back. Then, Flamethrower. Finish up with Night Slash, and if at any point she Protects or Detects, use Feint

Oh, so they do get them? I didn't know that. The reason Fire Fist was not poisoned is because Rallie normally has has trace, not synchronize. But now she has telepathy, which is useless in a single battle.

First use safeguard, though I doubt you'll go first. Next, use calm mind, just to help you out a bit. On the final action, use protect, just because feint will hurt less than night slash.

Safeguard-Calm mind-Protect

Fire Fist ♂
torchic
Energy: 84%
Status: “I probably deserved that. I didn’t mean the Toxic, I swear!” Infatuated. +1 speed

Rallie ♀
Ralts
Health: 91%
Energy: 90%
Status: “…Get it, because the room’s all white, and… Gee, tough crowd.” Severely poisoned, 2% this round, 3% next.

Having that speed boost at the end of the previous round, Fire Fist is able to make the first move. Okay, what did my trainer want me to do? Will-O-Wisp? I can’t do that! That would hurt Rallie! He looks to his trainer once more for conformation, only to be met with a deadly serious look. Not to be beaten out, Rallie puts on a pouty face and stares at Fire Fist. I just can’t do it! Fire Fist stays in place, doing nothing. Rallie takes this opportunity to make her move. She concentrates. Her eyes glowing pale green, she stays in place for a while, building up power. She finally reaches her arm out, and a green bubble expands around her from that point until is surrounds her completely. It doesn’t look like it could block anything substantially damaging, but it seems to have some kind of value.
Fire Fist’s trainer looks at him in disappointment. Fire Fist looks over, ashamed of himself. I’m sorry… I couldn’t focus… I’ll do better this time! Fire Fist takes a few moments to concentrate, then blasts out a stream of fire from his beak straight toward Rallie. She gives a horrified look for a split second before the flames connect, singing her entire body. The shield casts a tapering, translucent shadow as the fire engulfs her, but offers no real protection. Rallie mentally tries to shake off the attack, closing her eyes and taking a moment to meditate. After several seconds, she opens her eyes once again, feeling refreshed and empowered.
This time, Rallie gets the chance to move first. She quickly concentrates once again, her eyes glowing similarly to the first action, but with a more vivid green. This time, a green bubble begins to from over her head and spreads to the ground, creating a half-sphere. This bubble has a wavy, moving design in it instead of the solid, pale green of the safeguard. Fire Fist marvels at this. Wow, that’s so beautiful. Two green bubbles surrounding Rallie, it’s so… Wait. I have to attack. Or something. Ack, I don’t know. That new green bubble looks pretty protective, I doubt I could get an attack through it. Fire Fist once again does nothing. He vaguely remembers being told to do an attack that will get through the shield, but thinks nothing of it. Seeing no attack coming, Rallie retracts her shield. Immediately afterward, she feels a pang of pain in her veins. She glows a slight violet color before it passes.

Fire Fist ♂
torchic
Energy: 78%

Rallie ♀
Ralts
Health: 78%
Energy: 77%
Status: “*sigh* What a waste of my energy.” Severely poisoned, 3% this round, 4% next. +1 SpA, +1 SpD

Whoops, sorry. EDIT: Mai attacks first next round.

Last edited:
Mmkay. This isn't working. Rallie, use Psychic, but let's use the mental intrusion method. If he tries to protect or anything that will block the attack, use calm mind. On the second action, let's see look into his nice little smitten eyes and hypnosis him. Use dream eater if that worked, but if not use psybeam.

Psychic (mental intrusion)/Calm mind~Hypnosis~Dream eater/psybeam

Okay, this is working out. Fire Fist, I know you like Rallie, but I'm not sure she feels the same way about you. Fix that with your own Attract. Next, show your feelings with a pretty Will-o-wisp. Next, if you're asleep, use Sleep Talk, and if you're awake, use Night Slash.

Attract~Will-o-wisp~Sleep Talk/Night Slash

Fire Fist ♂
torchic
Energy: 78%

Rallie ♀
Ralts
Health: 78%
Energy: 77%
Status: “*sigh* What a waste of my energy.” Severely poisoned, 3% this round, 4% next. +1 SpA, +1 SpD

Fire Fist hears his commands and immediately spins his head around, grinning at his trainer as best a bird can. Finally, I can make Rallie love me as much as I love her! He readies his attack, but before he begins to carry it out, he stops and thinks. Wait... If I do this, then will her love be real? He takes a few moments to consider this, and finally decides not to use the attack. If she really loves me, she’ll show it naturally. On the other side of the field, Rallie begins to focus on Fire Fist, gradually using her telekinetic powers to invade his mind. After poking around a bit, she finds his pain centers and activates them. As this happens, Fire Fist falls to the ground, writhing in pain. Rallie eventually stops, but not before Fire Fist’s mind is left irreparably damaged, making similar attacks more potent.
Fire Fist slowly gets up. Wow… That was not good. Maybe she doesn’t love me after all! Of course, she did have to obey her trainer. I’ll give her another chance. Fire Fist begins to concentrate on his own attack, blowing a small orb of red-orange fire into the air. With a flick of the head, it is sent spiraling off. It clumsily floats through the air, eventually wrapping itself around Rallie’s arm, sinking in. It goes away, but a large red burn mark is left behind. Rallie winces in pain, testing her arm’s movement. It still has a full range of movement, but is left with a throbbing, painful sensation when she moves. She tries to ignore this, instead moving on to her next move. She looks over to Fire Fist, trying to catch his gaze. However, he seems to be in another world, possibly daydreaming about strolling through parks or taking a Sunday drive through the countryside with her. Hrmph, she snorts, disappointed at the attack’s failure, what a fool.
Fire Fist snaps to attention. What did I miss? Did she attack me? Are we in the countryside? Noticing the lack of any more pain, he assumes she didn’t even try to attack. Whee, maybe she does love me! Fire Fist goes back to daydreaming about Rallie, ignoring his trainer’s commands. Rallie notices this and takes the opportunity to use her own attack. She focuses, her horn slowly beginning to glow. Suddenly, a beam of incandescent light shoots out, quickly slicing through the air toward Fire Fist. It connects and disperses its energy through Fire Fist’s body. Fire Fist once again is blown out of his dream world. Ouch! I’m starting to think that she doesn’t love me at all! Maybe I should just give up. As Fire Fist contemplates his rigorous loe life, Rallie is experiencing all kinds of pain, poisonous energy coercing through her, and pain extending from the burn on her arm. She is left looking the same, but feeling physically drained.

Fire Fist ♂
torchic
Health: 71%
Energy: 74%

Rallie ♀
Ralts
Health: 71%
Energy: 61%
Status: “Maybe he'll quit staring at me now.” Severely poisoned, 4% this round, 5% next. Burned (moderate), 4% per round. +1 SpA, +1 SpD

Notes:
The attack description of the secondary version of psychic says that the stat drop is "likely," so I gave it a 60% success rate. It worked.

Eonrider attacks first next round.

Well, that was a bit of a turn around. First, Swords Dance. Then, Night Slash twice. If on the second or third actions she Protects, use Feint, and if she tries to attract you again, use an attract of your own first. If she tries to attract you on the first action, Swords Dance on the second.

Swords Dance/Atrract~Night Slash/Feint/Swords Dance/Attract~Night Slash/Feint/Attract

That was probably my longest command chain ever. Did you get all that, Lucas?

Back
Top Bottom