• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Karkat Vantas vs Risingbadge

Eonrider

Will be online more, I swearz!
2 v 2 single
Damage Cap: 49%
DQ: 8 days
Style: Set
Banned moves: OHKOs, Perish Song
Arena: Sleepy Screechy T. Rex Forest

The arena for this fight is a dense jungle. The battlefield is surrounded by a circle of humongous trees that block out most of the light; therefore the arena is a bit dark. Large bushes to duck behind dot the ground, and a small pool is in the northwest corner.

The real draw to this arena is the sleeping T. Rex in the corner. When the battle starts, he's asleep. If he is damaged by an especially powerful attack or hears a loud noise, he will wake up and start screeching. The screeches are so unbelievably loud that they will deal 20% damage to any Pokemon unlucky enough to hear them.

Finally, due to the jurassic nature of the stage, fossil Pokemon will constantly regain 3% energy at the end of each round.

Karkat Vantas's Squad
[Kappa] Marshtomp (M) <Torrent> @ Earth Plate
[Surinam Shitfucker] Croagunk (M) <Dry Skin>
[Chill Penguin] Piplup (M) <Torrent>
[Lunosa] Grimer (F) <Sticky Hold>
[Hastings] Tyrogue (M) <Guts>
[Dangermouse] Nidoran M (M) <Poison Point> @ Moon Stone
[Roadkilla] Wingull (M) <Keen Eye> @ Exp Share
[Lump] Numel (M) <Oblivious>
[The Heckler] Murkrow (M) <Super Luck> @ Dusk Stone
[Lord Ohmy] Omanyte (M) <Swift Swim> @ Lucky Egg

Risingbadge's Squad
[Hell is That Noise] Skorupi (M) <Sniper>
[Float Like a Bulldozer] Swablu (F) <Natural Cure>
[Goliath the Soothsayer] Vulpix (F) <Flash Fire>
[Sneakman] Zangoose (M) <Immunity>

1.Risingbadge sends out.
2.Karkat Vantas sends out and issues commands.
3.Risingbadge issues commands.
4.I ref (for the first time!).

Okay, seeing as this is my first proper reffing, let me know if I make any mistakes.

Last edited:
Hm... I'll lead with Float Like a Bulldozer. Go on, sweetie, show 'em what you've got.

Float like a like a float like a like a fly, float like a fly like a butterfly OOH

Hrm, I think I'll be predictable and begin with Ohmy. (Who, by the way, is holding a Lucky Egg: you didn't write hold items in the summary.)

Alright. Start off with a Toxic... unless of course she Protects, in which case use Rain Dance.

After this, use Water Pulse, and then Ancientpower. Use Substitute (10% sounds good) if she protects on action 2, and Withdraw if she protects on action 3 (or Rain Dance if it's not raining).

Toxic/Rain Dance ~ Water Pulse/Substitute ~ Ancientpower/Withdraw/Rain Dance

It's a happy day in Sleepy Screechy T-rex Forest, and the two trainers who have chosen to battle here patiently wait for the referee to appear. Soon, he comes stumbling through the forest, reeking of Repel. Nervously eyeing the sleeping dinosaur in the corner, he waves his flags to let the trainers know it's time to send their Pokemon out. Risingbadge acts first, tossing its Pokeball into the arena, revealing Float Like a Bulldozer the Swablu. On the other side, Karkat Vantas throws his Pokeball, and Lord Ohmy emerges in a flash of light. The Omanyte settles down, feeling comfortable in this prehistoric arena.

Round One

Risingbadge (OO)
Swablu
Float Like a Bulldozer (F) <Natural Cure>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Sunny Day~Solarbeam~Refresh

Karkat Vantas
Omanyte
Lord Ohmy (M) <Swift Swim> @Lucky Egg
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Toxic/Rain Dance~Water Pulse/Substitute~Ancientpower/Withdraw/Raindance
Status: Feeling at home. Somehow managing to ignore the T-rex

Float Like a Bulldozer is first to move, and Lord Ohmy watches as a fiery ball appears in the Swablu's beak. Ohmy wonders at this. Is she going to use a fire-type attack on me? She should know that it won't hurt me a bit. Float, however, launches the orb not at Ohmy, but at the sky. It rustles the leaves of the trees on its way up. Somewhere above the canopy, the sun is now shining incredibly brightly. Unfortunately for Float, the thick canopy stops most of the sunlight from getting through. Ohmy has no clue what the Swablu just did, but know's what he's supposed to be doing. Drawing on all the nasty poisons in his body, Lord Ohmy gathers them in his mouth and spits them at Float. Float shudders as the poison splatters her body, then shrieks as she sees what the toxins have done to her wings, which are stained purple.

Float, being a Swablu, is obsessed with cleaning. She usually uses her wings for such activities, but now look! They're an ugly purple stain! Float, fuming at Lord Ohmy, gathers solar energy inside herself. Ohmy watches, nervous as to what Float Like a Bulldozer is planning to do. He finds out soon enough, as Float releases all the pent-up energy in a concentrated beam firing straight at Lord Ohmy. The Omanyte's eyes widen as the beam approaches. It sears his flesh, and when he tries to hide in his shell, it does nothing to stop the pain. Ohmy emerges from his shell, not feeling very lordly. However, Lord Ohmy is not the only one affected by the Solarbeam. Growling, the sleeping Tyrannosaurus rises to its feet, growling deep in its throat. It stands to its full height, and lets loose an ear-splitting shriek. Everyone dives to the ground, trying to cover their ears, but the shrieks are paralysing, and all the Pokemon and their trainers can do is wait until it's over. Finally the T-rex settles down, and goes to sleep in its corner. Shakily the trainers and referee rise to their feet, while the Pokemon continue to battle. Lord Ohmy gathers some water from the sac in his body, and releases it, along with a screech. The noisy orb collides with Float Like a Bulldozer, filling her head with noisy screechy sounds, like the T-rex but on a lesser scale. She shakes her head to clear it. At least her wings are clean now.

Float settles down. All she really needs to do for this action is relax, and think healing thoughts. The Swablu glows a bright white as the toxic poison is removed from her system, then sighs before vomiting up the venom in a puddle in front of her. Yuck. Lord Ohmy has no time to be worrying about vomit. Muttering an ancient chant, the Omanyte beseeches help from the old spirits who are long sealed away. It seems his request is answered, as a circle of earth and stones rise from the ground, bathed in a purple and blue fire. They hover for a short while, before zooming straight at Float Like a Bulldozer, trapping her between them, before they sink back to wherever they came from, leaving the Swablu feeling battered and bruised. Lord Ohmy watches, satisfied, and lets the atmosphere of the arena sink into him, calming his nerves.

Risingbadge (OO)
Swablu
Health: 62%
Energy: 83%
Commands: Sunny Day~Solarbeam~Refresh

Karkat Vantas (OO)
Omanyte
Health: 56%
Energy: 87%
Commands: Toxic~Water Pulse~Ancientpower

Terrain Notes:
There is a small puddle of Toxic spew in front of Float Like a Bulldozer. Any Pokemon touching this may be poisoned. The grass and plants in a circle around Lord Ohmy are blackened by the Solarbeam.

Final Notes:
-I think I fixed it. This should be fine
-Sunny Day failed due to the dense jungle canopy
-Solarbeam woke up the T-rex
-If I've done something wrong, please let me know
-Risingbadge attacks first next round

Last edited:
Attacks like solarbeam or sky attack, which normally take two actions to perform, only require one in ASB.

Okay, that should fix it. Solarbeam's description sounds like it has to charge though. Ah, well, everyone makes mistakes. Thanks, Negrek.

Oh, it only takes one action? In that case, Solarbeams, more Solarbeams. ALWAYS SOLARBEAMS. THIS IS NOT ENOUGH SOLARBEAMS.

Okay but do Refresh if you get status'd

Solarbeam/Refresh ~ Solarbeam/Refresh ~ Solarbeam/Refresh

Hey, here's an idea! Use Attract on action 1. She'll be status'd, and as a result she'll use Refresh... which doesn't heal infatuation.

Laugh as it glows white and tries to heal itself of poisoning for the rest of the round.

After that, follow up with a Captivate, and finally Double Team.

You want to slowly back away after you use Captivate and hide behind that T-rex, if humanly (ammonitely?) possible. No matter how you have to do it, try to get your real self behind it as soon as you can. (Maybe not the clones.)

Attract ~ Captivate ~ Double Team

Round Two

Risingbadge (OO)
Swablu
Energy: 83%
Commands: Solarbeam/Refresh~Solarbeam/Refresh~Solarbeam/Refresh

Karkat Vantas (OO)
Omanyte
Energy: 87%
Commands: Attract~Captivate~Double Team

Lord Ohmy focuses on his next order. A-attract? After all she's done to me? But, orders are orders, and Lord Ohmy makes use of the small amount of charm that Omanyte have on not-Omanyte. It seems to work, however, as Float Like a Bulldozer stares goggle-eyed at Ohmy. The Swablu doesn't seem to want to do anything else, barring making Lillipup eyes at the Omanyte.

Float Like a Bulldozer gapes in horror at her next command. Solarbeam? But that would hurt my dearest Ohmy! She is shocked at how she even considered doing that before. She'd much rather just Refresh herself. Lord Ohmy smirks as Float glows a soft white. A true Lord never leaves anything unfinished, though, so Ohmy flaunts himself even more to the Swablu, who falls head over tail feathers for it.

He's so handsome and lordlike... Float thinks, watching Ohmy do his thing. In fact, there is nothing else she'd rather be doing right now. She's content to watch the Omanyte all day long. Lord Ohmy is satisfied at his work so far, so he decides to make even more of himself to celebrate with. Ohmy dashes around the arena at high speed, leaving behind two illusory copies of himself behind, while the real Lord Ohmy is safe behind the T-rex. Meanwhile, Float Like a Bulldozer's beak drops in amazement. Now there's even more of him to love! Wait, wouldn't that be cheating?

Risingbadge (OO)
Swablu
Energy: 75%
Commands: Nothing~Refresh~Nothing
Status: How do I chose between them? D: Attracted, -2 Special Attack

Karkat Vantas (OO)
Omanyte
Energy: 78%
Commands: Attract~Captivate~Double Team

Terrain Notes: There is a small puddle of toxic spew in front of Float Like a Bulldozer. Any Pokemon touching this may be poisoned. The grass in a circle around Lord Ohmy's clones is blackened by the Solarbeams.

Final Notes:
-Float Like a Bulldozer was fully attracted on actions 1 and 3 and did not attack.
-Float Like a Bulldozer didn't use as much energy as usual for Refresh, as there was nothing to heal.
-Karkat Vantas attacks first next round

Last edited:
Shouldn't Solarbeam have been delayed? I always assumed that the move would be executed in one turn, but with a lower priority... could someone confirm this?

Well, as to Rest, the description says that a little bit of health is restored each action, so I'll do that, maybe 10% per action? Status is healed instantly, and energy isn't healed at all. And Solarbeam, I'll get round to fixing it soon. Stupid charge attacks not having to charge, then confusing me.

Oh, I was waiting for you to rewrite the round. Never got notified.

Hm... use Ice Beam all round. If she uses Attract, though, Protect, but only once. If you are infatuated, show off your manliness by bragging very loudly near the T-Rex's ear. (Which will wake it up. Shhhhhhh.)

Ice Beam/Protect/Brag Very Loudly Into a T. Rex's Ear x3

Aw, Bullie... Now I know your luck with the fellas is a bit rotten, but can't this wait?

Okay, last round I was very stupid. The obvious solution is MORE SOLARBEAMS. THERE IS NO WAY THIS CAN GO WRONG.

Solarbeam ~ Solarbeam ~ Solarbeam

Sorry for lateness.
@Karkat Vantas Sorry for not letting you know.

Round Three

Risingbadge (OO)
Swablu
Energy: 75%
Commands: Solarbeam~Solarbeam~Solarbeam
Status: How do I chose between them? D: Attracted, -2 Special Attack

Karkat Vantas (OO)
Omanyte
Lord Ohmy (M) <Swift Swim> @Lucky-Egg
Energy: 78%
Commands: Ice Beam/Protect/Brag Very Loudly Into a T-Rex's Ear~Ice Beam/Protect/Brag Very Loudly Into a T-Rex's Ear~Ice Beam/Protect/Brag Very Loudly Into a T-Rex's Ear

Float Like a Bulldozer surveys the two Omanyte in front of her. Just how am I supposed to chose? Dimly, as if from far away, she hears her trainer telling her to do something. Wh-what?! Solarbeam?! Bu-but my precious Ohmy doesn't like those! Ohmy, meanwhile, in his safety behind the snoring dinosaur, also hears his trainer's commands. Scurrying out from behind the T-Rex so he can get a clear shot. Charging a blue-and-white beam in his mouth, Lord Ohmy fires it at Float Like a Bulldozer. On impact, Float is encrusted in a thin coat of ice, which disperses shortly after the attack is finished. Float shivers after the attack's effect, and wonders why the love of her life would do that to her, while Lord Ohmy once more retreats behind the T.Rex.

Once more, Lord Ohmy scurries from behind the T.Rex, and fires off another chilly laser the Swablu. Float shakes the thin, icy coat off, and ponders her problem, and suddenly strikes upon a solution. If she can eliminate one of the Omanytes from play, that makes her choice a lot easier!
Float takes in solar energy through her outspread wings, before releasing it in a highly concenrtated beam, at one of Lord Ohmy's clones. Of course, the beam goes straight through the clone, and strikes the T.Rex behind it. Uh-oh. The sleeping dino sleeps no more. Growling deep in its throat, it rises to its feet. Then, of course, it unleahes an ear-splitting shriek. The very forest shakes as the behemoth screams its rage at the sky. Poor Lord Ohmy, being closer to the racket, is dealt the worst damage. After the Tyrannosaurus Temper Tantrum, the monster returns to sleep, and all is quiet.

Lord Ohmy is still a bit shaken up, but the round is not over yet. Moving away from the T.Rex, he again conjures the freezing beam in his mouth. Concentrating, he fires the beam at Float Like a Bulldozer once again. Float reacts, but not fast enough. The Ice Beam is a direct hit, and it leaves the Swablu shivering. Float Like a Bulldozer feels like almost fainting, but something is holding her back. He m-must be t-testing me, r-right? I c-can't attack him!

End Round Three

Risingbadge (XO)
Swablu
Health:13% (CAPPED)
Energy:69%
Commands: Nothing~Solarbeam~Nothing

Karkat Vantas (OO)
Omanyte
Lord Ohmy (M) <Swift Swim> @Lucky-Egg
Health:26%
Energy:51%
Commands:Ice Beam~Ice Beam~Ice Beam
Status: My eaaaaaaars, why won't they stop ringing....... 1 Clone Remaining

Terrain Notes:
There is a small puddle of toxic spew in front of Float Like a Bulldozer. Any Pokemon touching this may be poisoned. The grass in a circle around Lord Ohmy's clone is blackened by the Solarbeams.

Ref's Notes:
-Float Like a Bulldozer was fully attracted on actions one and three, and did not attack.
-Lord Ohmy used extra energy for Ice Beam as he had to move around the T.Rex
-Lord Ohmy took more damage from the T.Rex than usual because he was closer
-Risingbadge attacks first

Last edited:
I'm sorry I just disappeared for so long. I don't have any excuse. But, now I'm back, so the battle can continue! Round (slightly) edited. I'll get it right one of these days.

Back
Top Bottom