• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part II

nastypass

that bitch what arranges the blocks
Pronoun
they/her/hers
Deathly Hallows Part II is out today! Keep spoilery stuff in spoiler tags.

A LOT / 1000 CLOCKS DESTROYED
7 / 7 HORCRUXES DESTROYED
2 / 3 DEATHLY HALLOWS LOST FOREVER

More likely than not I won't see it (never enjoyed pottermovies; i guess i'm in the minority here), but did they censor that one line?

More likely than not I won't see it (never enjoyed pottermovies; i guess i'm in the minority here), but did they censor that one line?

Assuming you're talking about Mrs Weasley's most epic line ever, they did not! (Cause you could only imagine the fan uproar)

The entire theater burst into applause when it happened though. It was fantastic.

At the end of the movie everyone stood up and held up their "wands" and said, "Mischief managed".

I also managed to start, "Mysterious ticking noise" partway through the opening credits.

Assuming you're talking about Mrs Weasley's most epic line ever, they did not! (Cause you could only imagine the fan uproar)

The entire theater burst into applause when it happened though. It was fantastic.

Welp, I guess I have a sudden new need to see this movie!

you guys

there was a snape cosplayer in the theat
er and after the movie he bustled away and i wanted to say something clever but didn't :(

My family and I sat in the front row, so now my eyes hurt. All of McGonagall's stuf was win. I loved this movie so so so much.

"I've always wanted to use that spell!"

I was going to see this last night, but silly bronchitis stopped us from going :'( I'm better today though, so I'm seeing an afternoon show. For those who have seen it and read the book, does it stay relatively true to the storyline and events of the book? I mean, as close as movies can get?

ACK MUST SEE MUST SEE MUST SEE.

EDIT: I love the epilouge! It's nice that Harry and Ginny get married, even though in the begging we all wanted Harry and Hermione to get together, But hey, they had to become related somehow.

Probably my fave film, now.

I'm shocked that Snape's memories made me tear up so badly :o I don't think I've teared up like that for a movie since ... ever.

[and yes, I'm still alive]

Guhhh so good.

I was so happy with the Prince's Tale sequence! It was all put together so well and the scene in James and Lily's house after Voldemort's attack was so sad. :c I'm not 100% sure, but I think in the book there was at least a bit where Snape was outside the ruined house after the attack, so that was in there even if it wasn't explicitly mentioned he went inside. I always assumed he did, though. I thought it was cool that they moved the Snape-Voldemort standoff to the boathouse from the Shrieking Shack (nasty blood-spattery snake murder aside), because having played the Order of the Phoenix Wii game I was like 'but that's a million miles away they'll never get there in time! D:'

DRACOOOO why couldn't you just have stayed where you were rather than running over to mummy. >:| Though that would have meant that there was no Voldemort attempting the most awkward hug in the history of the world?! Tom Riddle doesn't do hugs, that's why Tom Riddle is Lord Voldemort.

The thing that was Harry's bit of Voldemort in the King's Cross section was... gross. I always saw it as the same as the skeletonal Voldemort that Wormtail put in the cauldron at the end of Goblet of Fire, not so... gooey. I liked that Dumbledore was wearing slippers in his afterlife.

Neville was amazing. I panicked a bit when he got blasted away with his sword because I thought it might mean he didn't get to kill the snake, but he did, and it was excellent. I also really liked the whole Chamber of Secrets bit, because I loved the set in that film. :D

They kind of gave up on explaining the Master of Death/sacrifical Harry-protection? And I'm not quite sure why Bella/Voldemort both exploded into cornflakes, but it looked pretty in the 3D.

McGonagall! <3 And poor Molly Weasley, she looked so sad.

Also they were selling these at my cinema, so that was fun.

EDIT: I love the epilouge! It's nice that Harry and Ginny get married, even though in the begging we all wanted Harry and Hermione to get together, But hey, they had to become related somehow.

So you'd not read the book beforehand?

Anyway, I should hopefully be going to see it on Thursday. I am immensely pleased by what I have heard of it sticking to the book! There are so many parts I really really want to see, I can barely list them. Like Molly's moment, James and Lily and Sirius and Remus reappearing, Neville killing Nagini, the Prince's Tail, McGonagoll kicking some arse, King's Cross, the Malfoys giving up on fighting, Nineteen Years Later and HOW ABOUT THE WHOLE FILM.

I saw it yesterday, and I have to say I was disappointed. I guess the battle scenes were OK, but they zipped past the first part of the movie so quickly that I was really put off. I was also displeased by the little things they changed from the books that could've been put into the movie. And, to top it all off, my parents wouldn't see it in 3-D, so some parts were less spectacular than they could have been.

All-in-all, one of my least favourites of the series, probably only better than the 6th one.

BEST POTTERMOVIE EVER
I went to see it at midnight when it came out and it was just amazing! It's been quite a while since I've enjoyed a movie that much.

Snape's memories almost made me cry, and I don't even like Snape that much :C it was just so emotional omg D:

And Neville. NEVILLE WAS AN EFFING TROOPER XD I think he was the best character in that movie. Maybe next to McGonagall.

The epilouge! Albus Severus Potter was the most adorable thing ever, 'nuff said.

My friends and I were sitting right in front of a row of obnoxious guys who were all "WHOO! BATMAN!" and "Is this the new Twilight movie?" before it started. One of them said: "I hope Harry wins, 'cause if he doesn't I'm going to go in the movie and make him win." xD

One more thing. When the movie first started, the lights weren't all the way off and people were all "Anti-lumos!" until my friend snarkily says "It's called Nox." and someone in front of us turned around and told her to shut up. lol

Five things about it bothered me:

1) Though a bunch of the comic relief stuff Neville got to do was amusing, I was there to watch him be badass and though the killing Nagini bit was there and pretty awesome, it came across almost like it almost happened by accident thanks to how relatively goofy Neville had been in the rest of the movie.

2) I really didn't like the change to the climax.
I get why they made it - the climax being Harry just explaining the Elder Wand situation to Voldemort with the actual death mostly just an afterthought felt pretty anticlimactic in the book for a lot of people, after all - but it makes the thing with Harry technically owning the wand come off as an excuse. "Oh, he beat Voldemort, thanks to the deus ex machina of the Elder Wand not working for him! Why was this? Um, uh... he... actually Harry really owned it the whole time! Yeah!" In the book the revelation actually felt brilliant and like the final piece of the puzzle that caused everything to make sense; in the movie people just burst out laughing at it. Also, the final spell Harry uses to defeat Voldemort being Expelliarmus was one of my favorite things, especially after Voldemort's followers had been using Harry's love for that spell as a means of identifying him earlier in the book; I hated that they just had some lightning shooting between their wands.

3) Originally this bothered me about the book, but I was really hoping the movie would add something addressing
the fact Harry used an Unforgivable Curse when breaking into Gringotts. The whole point of unforgivable curses in the series is that they're terribad and you go to Azkaban for ever using one of them on another person ever, for crying out loud! Why do we have our hero using them without repercussions? At least it's not quite as bad as in the book, since he only used the Imperius Curse rather than the Cruciatus Curse.

4) It's been a while since I read the book so I don't remember if this was addressed there, but:
as they were breaking into Gringotts, Hermione was Polyjuiced into Bellatrix, they had Bellatrix's wand, and the goblins asked to see her wand for identification. So why didn't they just show them the wand? o_O

5) I've come to the conclusion movie!Voldemort just really, really doesn't do it for me. The ohai-I-have-no-nose makeup makes him look silly rather than frightening, Ralph Fiennes plays him with these really weird inflections and kind of high-pitched voice that's pretty much the antithesis of threatening and makes it really hard to take him seriously, and they keep giving him these bizarre comic relief-ish scenes, like hugging Malfoy. I spent the whole movie trying to find him intimidating and utterly failing, which is sad because one of the things I liked about the book was that it really did manage to make me feel properly like Voldemort was a threat, unlike the previous books (where Voldemort tended to be more in the background being the evil guy who was behind everything than actually doing anything himself). The worst offender is probably
the "AVADA KEDAVRA!" when he kills Harry; it just sounded whiny
. When I find a singing, tapdancing, Quirrell-loving shirtless college musical Voldemort* more intimidating than the official big-budget real-actor serious-business movie version, something is wrong.

* If you don't know what I'm referring to, Google "A Very Potter Musical". And yes, I really did find the scene where Harry confronts Voldemort in the forest and is killed more dramatic in AVPM than in the movie.

Meanwhile! Molly Weasley! :D And serious hats off to
Helena Bonham Carter, who managed to make me completely believe she was Hermione impersonating Bellatrix rather than actually Bellatrix before and during the Gringotts breakout - I think that's the single most convincing actor-playing-other-character-impersonating-their-character I have ever seen
. I teared up at the Prince's Tale, which I found quite well executed, though I'd have liked to see more of them-as-Hogwarts-students like in the book, as I did when I read it, but suddenly in the movie I also cried when Fred died - I think it was Ron running up and George and Molly and aaa.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom