• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pet Peeves?

Momo(th)

I swear I'm cool you have to believe me
Pronoun
she
What's the one minor thing you really hate?

I don't know about anyone else, but I absolutely HATE wasting food. I'll usually eat an entire meal even if I don't like it too much.

Also, slurping annoys me somewhat.

I hate it when I'm walking down the street singing some song, and I start to dance just a little bit, and suddenly everyone in the vicinity spontaneously joins me in an amazingly choreographed song and dance number. It annoys me to no end.

Whenever I see someone sneeze in their hands I feel a chill down my spine. As the son of a nurse I was taught early to only sneeze in the bend of my arm. NEVER. EVER. IN THE MOTHERFU**ING HANDS!! If you can't do it any other way, at least have the decency to wash your hands afterwards.

I can't abide thoughtlessness. I get especially annoyed by people who expect that somebody else will come along to clean up after them, or who think that other people are just there to serve them. If you see somebody who needs a hand with something, just help them out, especially if it costs you nothing to do so.

when you know someone knows the correct response to a question but is just playing dumb for whatever reason

I really hate it when people claim to know a lot about a subject I'm familiar with, and then proceed to show they know nothing about the subject at all. I also hate it when my friends pretend to care about things I'm involved in for the sake of appearing nice in front of others. That happens a bit too often. ):

I also get ticked off at myself whenever I let someone down. It's a pet peeve, but directed at myself rather than other people. *shrugs*

EDIT: Also, people who like bands for one good song they've heard by said band on the radio, even though they make it a point not to listen to any other music by said band.

Personally, I don't usually mind bad grammar. If someone forgets a comma or uses "there" instead of "their" once in their sentence, as long as what they're saying is still comprehensible I have no problem with it. Spelling, on the other hand, can really frustrate me. Misspelling something like "weissnichtwo" is OK, but mistakes in common four and five letter words make my eyes bleed. Especially with spell check.

It really bugs me when someone reminds me of something like fifty times, or tells me to go do something while I'm doing it/am literally just about to go do it. Also, when people start talking just as I open my mouth to say/ask something and I've forgotten what I was going to say by the time I can get in a word. And certain sorts of noises, especially overandoverandoverandoverandoverandoverandover *catches breath*.

Oh and when I know someone's online but they won't respond to my messages. Even though that makes me probably the biggest hypocrite ever so I'm not gonna hold it against anyone.

grammar nazis. I don't think you're a grammar nazi unless you're specifically pointing out someone's bad grammar to make them feel bad, embarrass them or try to invalidate what they're saying. the difference between 'hey dingus that's a comma splice' and '(hey just fyi, that's a comma splice you should do it this way!! c:)' is miles - like if you're going to go to the effort of making fun of someone when it's pretty obvious what they're trying to say, don't. you're only embarrassing yourself by taking something way, way too seriously when in most cases it isn't even that big of a deal or even relevant (unless you're like, critiquing someone's writing or something). there's also the fact that lots of people genuinely have trouble with grammar and/or spelling and belittling them for it is not actually a just thing to do in response. idk I am sorry for people who don't really appreciate posts like this that lack capitalisation, sometimes I just like to write more or less how I speak and yeah. :c

see also: people who try to be grammar nazis and don't actually understand grammar very well at all

edit: oh and also atheists on the internet that think calling religious people stupid or unintelligent is a clever or amusing thing to do: please go away forever okay thanks.

Back
Top Bottom