• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Is there going to be a Generation V?

Do you think there will be Generation V?

• Yes

Votes: 117 90.7%
  • No

Votes: 12 9.3%

• Total voters
Yes, probably. They really need a Dolphin Pokémon and a pre-evo of Kangaskhan (It makes no sense for them to be born already with babies in their pouches!). And some other stuff too...

I my opinion, Arceus is 'God' who made the Universe and stuff, but once it was all made, he created Mew, who in turn created all living things.

Arceus is the creator of the universe and the god of all Pokemon. I will HATE Gamefreak if they make anything stronger than him. <<

That being said, there's no reason they can't create more legendary Pokemon by zooming in more on the world of Pokemon rather than getting larger-scale. Instead of making the Pokemon that created Arceus and/or Arceus' evil parallel (something I hate seeing even more), make a specialized region with Pokemon that control, say, continental shift, or the weather for a specific area. Or stop making legendaries altogether, and reuse some of the old ones instead.

...Funny, actually, I had a dream about the fifth gen last night. Included was a Magikarp evolution that was a whale and, for some reason, Pokemon mixes. Don't you guys think it was about time Gamefreak included mixes in? Like, some organization that mutates Pokemon or whatever, or a sudden mutation outbreak. :P (Awesome award to anyone that gets the reference.)

Call me a fool, but, since I think there will be a 5th generation, I want to see Mewthree. I'd also enjoy seeing Eeveelutions with effort put into them. A well-done dragon type Eevee would be pure win, or dual type Eeveelutions. Folieon, the Grass/Poison type Eeveelution, or Nereideon, the Ice/Water type. And am I the only one thinking a puppy/kitten/cub version of Absol? Mawile and Sableye are overdue for evo's, too. Honestly, if they could do it right, I think Gen 5 could end up better than any since G/S/C. I just hope that they do.

Wait! Someone did vote against. I was wondering why that didn't happen, because I remember a conversation on the old forums saying that the fifth gen shouldn't be made >_>.

Oh, it shouldn't be made, but I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to.

EDIT: A fifth generation of Pokémon, I mean; a fifth generation of games wouldn't be bad.

Yah, it'll most likely happen. And, nobody said the need to TOP Arceus, they can just pump in new Pokémon anyway.

Maybe they'll stop at 985, leaving Arceus in the very middle of the PokéDex? XP

Probably, but I don't love the new games like I do the older games, because it's the same thing over and over. Battle, catch all the pokemon, beat the League. Woo. They should kinda mix it up a little, make the gym leaders have different ways of battling or something, I don't know. :/

Yeah, I agree. I find myself simply playing a pokemon game just to beat it and get it over with. Not enjoy it.

Probably, but I don't love the new games like I do the older games, because it's the same thing over and over. Battle, catch all the pokemon, beat the League. Woo. They should kinda mix it up a little, make the gym leaders have different ways of battling or something, I don't know. :/

Like Colosseum! :D
It has to be the only one that really is different enough to be a spinoff, while remaining true enough to be mainstream. Also, the somewhat less cute-than-normal style was a very nice change. I get sick of the cute look that Ruby and Sapphire have started. D:

Plus, I love 2 vs. 2 battles, and I think having them completely replace single battles was more of a blessing than a curse. Hurrah for the oh-so-underrated Colosseum!

Its always fun to collect more.

I almost died of frusteration trying to catch Azelf. No, it's not always fun to collect more.
The focus needs to be on the actual battles, the plot, and the music.

Yes, I said the music. It has a bigger effect on things than you'd think. Ever seen the last duel in the movie The Good, The Bad and the Ugly? It'd be much more boring than suspenseful at the end without proper music.

Last edited:
There will be more for sure, although I do think that they must be running out of ideas for sprites and names by now.

Actually there are thousands of ideas and everything. They just take all the good ideas to the side then out of the good ideas, pick the best ideas. They keep doing that process until they get the 100 or so pokemon. A friend interviewed that dude who used to work on the Anime and he said this is how they do it.

Like in the water gym, fire attacks would be weaker.

Call me a fool, but, since I think there will be a 5th generation, I want to see Mewthree. I'd also enjoy seeing Eeveelutions with effort put into them. A well-done dragon type Eevee would be pure win, or dual type Eeveelutions. Folieon, the Grass/Poison type Eeveelution, or Nereideon, the Ice/Water type. And am I the only one thinking a puppy/kitten/cub version of Absol? Mawile and Sableye are overdue for evo's, too. Honestly, if they could do it right, I think Gen 5 could end up better than any since G/S/C. I just hope that they do.

I absolutely agree with the Pokémon theories in this. Absol doesn't really seem like it should be the only one in its evolutionary line, (of course, this does come from a person who makes Absol splices/prevos as a hobby) and there need to be more Eeveelutions.

As to running out of ideas, I'd say that's virtually impossible. They haven't even made a tiger Pokémon yet (or a lion one). All they'd need to do to get a new idea would be look up some random species of animal and branch off of it.

So, yes, there will be a Generation V and probably many after it.

Back
Top Bottom