• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Sprite Packages?

Yarnchu

Yarn is comfy and easy to wear
So recently I downloaded the D/P and P sprites to use, and something doesn't seem right. Before anyone mentions it- no, I am not talking about the National Dex sprites, I'm talking Sinnoh Dex.

Some of the sprites seem to be either missing or corrupted, or the same between frames. I don't know why, but it just seems like it. I haven't looked at them in a while, so I'm not 100% sure.

And the National Dex sprites are missing some Pokemon. Well, actually not, but some sprites are just big gray blocks.

I'm sure there is no way the downloads could get corrupted, but did they? Or is it just a problem with the individual sprite sets?

Uh, this really doesn't help much. Precisely which sprites? And which are they - D/P or Platinum? What's with "it just seems like it" - are they corrupted or the same between frames or are they not?

EDIT: Also, which package (i.e. which naming scheme, which frame, shiny or not shiny)? I've just personally checked both frames of the normal National Pokédex Numbered sprites from both D/P and Platinum, and all the sprites are fine.

Last edited:
Oh, stupid me. DX

I downloaded the Numbered and Named Sinnoh Dex sprites, frames 1 and 2, of both Diamond/Pearl and Platinum.

As for the missing sprites, D/P frame 2 just about all of the Unown sprites, the Platinum Frame 1 Blissey sprite, and possibly some Platinum Frame 1 Unown sprites. I think that one of the Platinum Packages was missing a Smoochum sprite, but I deleted the ones I didn't need so I can't confirm it now unless I unzip the packs again. It may just be a problem with my computer handling over 493 images at once, but they seemed to be a little consistent. I also would like to add that the Arceus sprites in the Platinum Frame 2 pack are inconsistent with each other. Some look like the Frame 1 sprite and others look like the Frame 1 D/P sprite, though the latter was probably intended by Game Freak.

The lack of frame 2 Unown would be because Unown have no frame 2. There is only one animation frame for them.

However, the Frame 1 Sinnoh Pokédex Numbered and Named package seems to have been left out when I was fixing the Platinum sprites after initially putting up incorrect sprite packages - it's missing the second-generation all-female Pokémon (Blissey, Miltank and Smoochum). I've fixed those and uploaded the correct one. All the frame 2 Arceus sprites from Platinum look like the sprite from D/P, however, and if it's different for you I don't know how that happened.

All the other packages I examined seem to have those sprites just fine. Thanks for pointing this out.

I had the same problem too - I was going to write in and tell you but then I forgot/who uses unown anyway.

Back
Top Bottom