• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Could somebody please comment on my forum?

The layout is cool, but it just seems lacking. I dunno, it might be just me. ^^; There's not much else I can say about it as there is not much to it yet.

It...Has nothing.

I don't think the people here want to join, we're already here, at this forum.

I think maybe you should create a site, and let that get popular before making a forum for it.

Actually there are more steps to making a website than learning HTML... (Plus not just HTML, but also; XHTML, CSS, and Javascript.) It's a time consuming process, and will cost money along the way.

It might not cost money. That depends if you want a domain, among other things. I've owned a website for 5 years and it's never cost me a thing.

Don't make a website just for the sake of making a website. (By the same token, don't make a forum just for the sake of having a forum.) You won't attract that sort of visitor base if you put up a website that's solely for the purpose of fueling a forum; otherwise it will end up being identical to all the other uninteresting websites out there, and uninteresting websites, or interesting websites with content people can already find somewhere more popular anyway, will not draw in visitors and will not get members posting on your forum for any lasting period of time.

If you've got something interesting or unique that you'd really like to share with a community of people, then by all means go ahead and learn how to create a website. Carefully consider why it is you want a website or forum first, though. If your reasoning is "just because" or "because everyone else is" or similar, I would reconsider and go without a site or forum for now. There's no reason for you to put the effort into it otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom