• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Computer Science Club

It was an assignment for school and the pictures were a required aspect (which is part of the reason it's so frustrating that they're not appearing.) Plus, there was a feature that relied on the exact width of those buttons. (Which, in hindsight, I probably could have softcoded.)

It was an assignment for school and the pictures were a required aspect (which is part of the reason it's so frustrating that they're not appearing.) Plus, there was a feature that relied on the exact width of those buttons. (Which, in hindsight, I probably could have softcoded.)

Depending on the language in question, there may or may not be an exception if some file can't be found. I'll infer from you sig that you're talking about Java - please correct me if I'm wrong - and in most cases Java will throw an exception if it can't find a file. Make sure you're not catching and ignoring any exceptions and make sure the path is correct (especially with regards to the file separator character - File.separator - never hardcode this character because that inherently makes your code platform dependent, and also look at character case, because some filesystems have case-insensitive names and others do not)

I knew all of that already, but thank you. It wasn't throwing exceptions, but I figured out how to softcode the location of the image. It loaded fine after that. (I got 129% on it even before I fixed that, so I'm pretty sure I did well regardless!)

Back
Top Bottom