• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Completed Trainer Grey

Skoonk

I come here occasionally.
Pronoun
they/he/she
Over the years a certain trainer has been making his way around the various regions of the world, collecting badges, catching Pokémon, and trying to be "the best". But another trainer, who is lesser known, has also gone on a journey. His journey started off very similar to that famous trainer's journey. He got a Pokémon, a Pokédex, and left his hometown. He manged to get one of every Pokémon from his region. He got all the badges and special praise from every gym leader. But his fame never grew. He wasn't very well known beyond family, close friends, the Pokémon League Officials and the people at his regions Pokémon daycare. Actually, he had worked at the daycare for a little while on his journey, to save up for a pricey 1,000,000poké bicycle.
Yet still no one knew him. He pondered and pondered about how this could be. The people who did know him liked him, they all would have done anything for him. And eventually after some thought he concluded that the famous trainer everyone did know was the cause of this. He concocted a plan that would get rid of that trainer... forever.
He called up everyone who had Pokémon that he knew, telling them that they would get a chance to meet the most famous trainer in the region, if they did what he asked. They all went to a forest, near where the Pokemon league was, and placed near them was a sign that said,"Test for the Elite Four." Now over course other trainers would come, but that would be fine, they would end up being crushed by the Elite Four anyway.
Finale the time came and the most famous trainer in the region came. He dominated against the trainers in the "test". The last one said that he was so skilled that only he could go off into a special part of the woods, and that a great surprise was waiting there. Excited that he had made it to such a great place and had the honor of going into a special area, he set off, with no potions or revives, and unhealed Pokémon.
At a point deep in the woods a small set of bars rose behind the famous trainer, blocking his path back. Confused, he turned around and stared at the bars, dumbfounded. And from some place in the trees came music. Music that at first sounded nice, but eventually became very annoying. The famous trainer found his situation odd, but still there must be something back here if those nice trainers found it so important that he come in here. The music stopped. Not a gradual stop, just all together stopped. Then the famous trainer heard a kind, yet somewhat strange, voice coming from the ground. It said things about how he was the best trainer in the world, and flattered him in all sorts of ways. But then the voice became shrill and talked about nonsense.
Curious, the famous trainer walked around and around in the woods ahead, searching for the source of the voice and music. He came up with nothing, and decided to go back to the gate and see if he could find a way around the bars. When he did make it back, standing there was another trainer. Bars rose around them both.
This other trainer was the one who had set up the whole charade, the one who lured this famous one here. And now he could finale come out of the shadows. He chalenged the famous trainer to a battle, and won easily due to the famous trainer's Pokémon being tired. Then he pulled out a knife, and slowly approached the other trainer. The other trainer pleaded, and asked what he had done wrong. He asked forgiveness, and all his attacker said was," I've been waiting too long for forgiveness." He raised the knife when, out of recognizing what he was about to do, dropped it. The famous trainer stepped forward, the other trainer started to cry. He only wanted recognition, not to become a killer! He told the famous trainer what was going on, and he said that all was forgiven. But then something happened.
Originally, after killing the trainer, he was going to set a fire using a timed lighter, a gift from one of the Gym Leaders of his region. He had timed it so that he would have just enough time to escape after killing the famous trainer. But since the actual outcome was so different, the timed lighter would go off and both would be trapped. Unless by mere luck one was able to get out through a small area near the west side of the bars that was just big enough to crawl into. The two fought back and forth, about who should leave. This of course took up more time, and a small blaze started near them. They had decided the famous one would go through.
"Hey, I never got your name?" The fire started spreading
"It's Grey, and of course yours is Ash." It was climbing and dancing up the trees.
Are you sure you won't have time to crawl out?" A branch fell, landing on Grey's leg.
"Go, now! Leave me to be judged for my wrongs!" The fire was spreading, consuming the trees and bars.
"No"
Ash grabbed the branch and managed to get Grey out. Carrying Grey, he slipped past a burned-down bar and into the woods."How is this fire spreading so quickly?"
"The lighter was a gift from a Gym Leader to use for melting through glaciers, I needed to help some trapped Magicarps get out of one," The fire was all around them. Ash ran as fast as he could while carrying grey. The two could see the edge of the woods ahead, but it was too late. As they got nearer and nearer, trees fell and blocked them in. Grey grabbed one of his Pokéballs.
"Good idea! We can use a water Poké-"
"I don't have any and yours fainted. Take this and my other Pokémon and get out."
"But-"
"GO!"
Ash took what he was given, and out of the Pokéball came an Aerodactyl. He took the rest of Grey's Pokémon and flew off. Tears flowed down Grey's eyes, but a smile spread across his face.
"Thank you. You are so nice yet all I had was hatred in my heart for you," thought Grey as smoke clouds crowded his lung,"You saved me twice today, and I Thank You, Ash." He coughed, and soon the smoke was too much. He blacked out, and soon his heart stopped. His body, was consumed by the flames.

Last edited:
Some typos like chanlenged and Areodactyl, proofread the story a little for those. Otherwise, a nice story, though a little ambiguous in the beginning.

I wrote this a while ago, so I didn't really think to proof read it, I probably rewrite it later, fix some mistakes, all that fun stuff.

Back
Top Bottom