• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Illustrated Adventures

Furiianda

DELICIOUS!
Hi! This is a choose-your-own-adventure style comic strip.
Basically, what you do is post a suggested course of action for us (the artists) to illustrate and incorporate into the adventure. Alraune will be helping out with these!
We'll pick suggestions we like, and you can suggest as many things as you like, but if we don't want to follow a particular suggestion, continuing to suggest the same thing won't help.
If it seems a bit strange just suggest something simple ("go and try to find a sandwich to eat" or "talk to that person over there") and you'll see how it works.

Our story begins with Versilius.

Sleeping somewhat comfortably atop his satisfyingly large pile of treasure, in his wonderful cave home, Versilius is surely one very wealthy dragon.
001dh.jpg

Wealthy in one sense, anyway. For although he's got enough sparklies for his next few descendants, at least, sitting on it DOES get boring, eventually...
So he's decided to... uh... well, he hasn't decided yet.
002vi.jpg

Nope. No idea. But the sun is rising just now, so it's a great time to set out and see what he can find. Right?

I think he needs some help, personally...

i74j9z.jpg

Versilius decides to walk outside and watch the sunrise. Are those sheep over the horizon?
bivvox.jpg

Though it's not normally in his nature to do so, Ver decides to go ask some nearby people about the sheep or something. It doesn't go over well.
2vsgkma.jpg

Annnd so he decides to eat breakfast.

I promise it won't be blotchy again next time >:

Versilius takes a nice, long, scenic flight over the countryside...
003yp.jpg

Suddenly he comes across a paddock. But, there are no sheep...
It's filled with cows!
004dem.jpg

They're all nice and penned in too. How convenient! But maybe it's a bit early to be eating again, since breakfast has only just passed... and those cows seemed to be having a nice conversation. Maybe... relax in the shade of the tree until something combusts randomly...? Hm!

Wow this is much better when I use pen!

Well, after a little wait, it looked like the cows weren't going to ignite themselves... how disappointing. Time to give them a little help!
005qe.jpg

But there was one problem. Far too many cows...
006tqxy.jpg

As you can see, Versilius must be thinking to himself, "Why did I have to eat so much? WHY?!"
Anyway, it should be fine after a little while. Unless they were diseased or something. Mmhmm! Digesting time is great planning time, too... with the day ripe for picking and the sun all a-smilin'... life is great!! Well, at least, it will be great once the bloated feeling wears off.

The humans he knows live in small, flammable homes and run screaming and wailing when they see him. Boooring. Maybe it is time to see where else he could go, considering how much he's eaten. He probably needs to fly it off or he'll get self-conscious. The humans are probably too silly to be able to communicate properly like a good dragon can anyway! But hey, trying wouldn't hurt either... oh, so hard to decide.

Now, he saw a few things from the sky, of course. There's that forest to the south, and those mountains he lives near... what place would be best for some mid-morning exercise?
(If he had to put it on a map or something, it'd look a little something... like this! Current location marked with X.)
007iw.jpg

Back
Top Bottom