• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Good Ol' Fashioned PokéMafia

RedneckPhoenix

make no mistakes 'cause i'm on fire
Pronoun
he/him
Good Ol' Fashioned PokéMafia

Night falls on the town. The seven inhabitants sleep peacefully, not knowing that disaster would soon strike.

NIGHT ZERO HAS BEGUN. 48 HOURS FOR NIGHT ACTIONS.

Re: Good Ol' Fashioned PokéMafia

The sun is just beginning to rise when screams ring out. Someone has just found the body of Sylvia Brouwne, well-known psychic. It seems as if she was taking notes on a certain person, but they were all cut off at the end. Everyone mourns the psychic, then shifts their gazes around to the people around them. Someone had to have killed her, and they're going to find out who, even if it kills them.

DAY PHASE HAS BEGUN. 48 HOURS FOR DISCUSSION.

Superbird hasn't had a ton of luck making it through the first night recently, has he? =/ I guess we at least have some active mafia members!

We hopefully have just two mafia members to find, and since this is a classic pokémafia, maybe an inspector, unless it was Superbird. But our ability to find additional info during the night phase is going to be pretty limited, so... any strategies for how we should go about this one?

A8ywg3j.jpg

Welcome, heathens. I am the Persian, and I believe you must have some important business to discuss if you dare walk into the hall of a hundred columns.

But before we begin... Who are you?

(which is to say, we might as well do flavor claims, since for once we don't already have a readily available list of them.)

(and speaking of, if flavor is anything to go by, I'm definitely not enjoying the idea that the N0 bag is a "psychic", ie a likely inforole.)

Also, which pokemon I am does make my role rather obvious, hence my ambiguity.

Well I, for one, am Supervine! I'm no regular Carnivine, no! I'm the Carnivine that makes evil quiver and keeps innocent people safe when there's a bump in the night!

I'm posting here so you all don't think I'm suspicious. Don't mind me.

Also, my Pokemon is generally seen as pretty annoying to confront, so I should stay in character. By that logic, I won't actually tell you who my Pokemon is, but rather give it you in riddle form! How fun!

Ready? Here it is; my Pokemons name is contained within the name of a U.S. President.

If you need another hint as to my mystery Pokemon's identity, it's contained below:
What type (like Fire, Water, Electric, whatever) of Pokemon would be most likely to offer up a riddle?

The day drew to a close without a single vote. A feeling of dread coursed through the town as they went to sleep.
NOONE WAS LYNCHED.
48 HOURS FOR NIGHT ACTIONS.

With a very uneventful night, (come on, guys) dawn begins. Nobody had died, but the GM died a little on the inside.
Nobody has died.
48 hours for discussion.

Ok, so one person here is acting REALLY suspicious. They've said like one thing so far, and even then they were being intentionally vague and mysterious while doing so, which sets off a bunch of alarms already, but then, when we asked for some valuable information that could potentially help us find out who the mafiosi are, they started being intentionally difficult and veiling the info under a bunch of different vague clues, which is definitely a serious cause for concern. So, anyway, I've made up my mind, and you're all welcome to join me in this or not, but in any case, I say that today, we lynch Finchwidget.

So much for those active mafia members, eh?

Also, regardless of the tone, I'd be very wary of Finchwidget attempting to self-lynch on a night when there was no kill, if the GM wasn't all but telling us that this is an inactivity no-kill.

Also, regardless of the tone, I'd be very wary of Finchwidget attempting to self-lynch on a night when there was no kill, if the GM wasn't all but telling us that this is an inactivity no-kill.

Actually, and I don't mind if you believe me or not, I was just doing it to get a little activity in the thread. I think it's working, but I hope I didn't jinx it.

Try not to make jokes like that. They interrupt the flow of the game because people don't know whether you're serious or not.

Could you explain your reasoning for worry a little further, Persian? I'm not sure I'm following you.

Could you explain your reasoning for worry a little further, Persian? I'm not sure I'm following you.

Basically, there's a role where the only way you can win is by getting killed. Finchwidget made a joke about lynching himself, but it wasn't serious.

Actually, and I don't mind if you believe me or not, I was just doing it to get a little activity in the thread. I think it's working, but I hope I didn't jinx it.
Suit yourself, but I hope you realize that that's a full bolded vote, so if you don't withdraw it before the deadline and nobody else feels like bailing you out, that'll be curtains for you.

I mean, unless you actually are an activated alien, but I'm not thinking it's the likeliest event here.

There's a somewhat common role in mafia, normally referred to as an Alien. It's unlike Town-aligned or Mafia-aligned players, in that it has a special win condition. The way it usually goes is, it must first become "activated" by being targeted with a kill action at night (which, for that single time only, won't actually kill the alien), and then, at any point after being activated, it must be lynched at daytime. In other words, it sort of has to piss off both the mafia and the town, and in perfect timing, because being lynched without being activated, or being nightkilled twice before being lynched, will all result in a kill, and thus a loss.

A no-kill night can be indicative of an alien's activation, because it'd explain why the mafia didn't succeed at nightkilling. Therefore, somebody blatantly trying to get themself lynched after a no-kill would be very suspicious, because there's a good chance that that person is an activated alien trying for the endgame.

I'd normally be very inclined to assume that that's what's happening in this instance, but the GM's already dropped some ostensible hints that a) the no-kill this night was a result of player inactivity and b) Finchwidget's stunt doesn't read as an actual play to someone who knows everyone's roles.

(Incidentally, not to backseat GM, but those are two bits of information that we weren't really supposed to be able to metagame. Watching how the game unfolds can get a little cringey, but the best thing to do about it is to just enjoy the confusion and hope it leads somewhere interestingly messed up. GM intervention usually isn't necessary unless somebody's either outright breaking the rules or actually addressing the GM, and even then, clarification should only go as far as information that the players are actually supposed to have.)

A no-kill night can be indicative of an alien's activation, because it'd explain why the mafia didn't succeed at nightkilling. Therefore, somebody blatantly trying to get themself lynched after a no-kill would be very suspicious, because there's a good chance that that person is an activated alien trying for the endgame.

Some other options are that we had a lucky Doctor or Role Blocker.

And, just in case Finchwidget is an Alien, I'll put a vote in for Nira, because they haven't posted yet.

hey. >:(

i just don't have much to say, though i doubt it was a roleblock or doctor. i agree with mf in that it is pretty clearly inactivity at play here.

i don't really have any solid leads, but by sheer force of self-preservation coupled with the self-nomination being kind of strange (plus gm reassurance that he isn't alien), i'll vote finchwidget.

Back
Top Bottom