• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Requests Closed Alraunne's Spriteys

Would you only be doing reptiley ones? because I would adore seeing a prehistoric Persian, as it is my favourite Pokemon <3

Hm... I was planning mostly reptiley ones, considering most mammals at the time were probably like rats, but we are talking Pokemon. I think one's belief could be suspended enough for Persian to work. ;3

After I finish Charmander (and this episode of Negima!?) I'll see what I can do.

edit: Charmanderz
prehistoric_charmander.png
prehistoric_charmander_s.png

edit²: Persians done!
prehistoric_persian.png
prehistoric_persian_s.png

They're not so much of a splice as the others, but the little fluffs are from a Mankey. Sabertooths, so damn obvious... I'd introduce this into the RP to be sure, but probably not as one of the species from the get-go. Maybe after a few eras go by.

Last edited:
Yay~ I plan on letting people play multiple Pokemon at once since we'll need packs and herds, so that shouldn't be a problem.

I decided to "finalize" the prehistoric Meowth halfway through the process and categorize them under the reposes. :B

meowth.png
meowth_s.png

I'm gonna use these as the bases for the prehistoric Meowth.

edit: And here they are!
prehistoric_meowth.png
prehistoric_meowth_s.png

The ragged fur on the tail is from Dodrio, otherwise it's all scratch edits. I figured since shiny gold coins didn't exist back then, they should have some kind of rare rock instead. The "normal" one is pretty much a Moon Stone or something, and the "shiny" one uses that purple palette the generic space rock meteorite thing has.

Last edited:
Bumping my thread ish with some new sprites. Kind of miffed at the requests shops get tons of requests, and yet only a few of them seem to get finished... Am I doing something wrong, guys? C'mon, tell me if I am. I'll try to fix it. :c I can change! Honest! I still love you!

crystaldunsparce.png
crystaldunsparce_s.png

Crystal Dunsparce revamp! Available in two flavors

laprasdewgongpiloswinefroslass_tran.png

Crazy Lapras/Dewgong/Piloswine/Froslass splice!

I recorded myself spriting all of these on Hypercam so once I figure out how to get my computer to like .mp3s so I can get some background music, I'll see about making some YouTube videos and linking to them.
Stupid Vixy converts YouTube videos to 0 byte files anymore and hypercam just records static hiss, so I don't know what I'm going to do about music...

Is Salamence reptiley enough

Uh, there's some lump under Charmander's tail, but yeah. I'm joining the RP, definitely :DD

Sorry for the double post I guess, but I figured this'd need a bump so NightDaemon knows that...

Naboo is finished!
naboo.png

Any details I need to add? I couldn't find a whole lot in the way of reference images.
and I couldn't resist adding a pink sparkle or something, he looks like some sort of genie, lemmie know if you want that gone too

8O That is epic. Thank you very much, I do appreciate it. He looks wondeful! *huggles and shoves into pocket*
He's not a genie, he's a shaman, but I like calling him a midget genie sometimes.
NighDaemon says thank you again.

I've been meaning to request from here for ages now but I could never think of what to request. But I think that I know now. A prehistoric Eevee line, if you will.

(if you don't want to do them all just the kanto and johto 'vees will be fine.)

Alright! Added prehistoric Salamence (the whole line probably :B) and Eevee line to the to-do list. ♥

Salamence should be easy enough to do, just looking at the Pokedex entries for that line. They're perfect for this sort of thing.
edit: Here's the Salamence! I'll add the Shelgon and Bagon to this post as I finish them.
prehistoricsalamence.png
prehistoricsalamence_s.png

That weird wish-induced cell mutation hasn't happened yet. o: I tried to make them rough and crocodile-ey too.

And if a prehistoric Eevee line wouldn't bring in people, I don't know what would. x:

Last edited:
IT WOULD BRING ME IN

Aaaannywaayyys, same as Kai, I didn't know what to request. Still don't.

But... lets try a... Prehistoric Pikachu. Why, you ask? PIKACHU IS AWESOME ENOUGH TO BE PREHISTORIC NOW BUG OFF Because it seems interesting =D

Yesssss I get to be a green Salamence with a death wish~

And ya know you're allowed to double post in your own at thread, right?

Yesssss I get to be a green Salamence with a death wish~

And ya know you're allowed to double post in your own at thread, right?

Yeah, but my thread was still on top anyway when I made that edit for Salamence, so I didn't really see the point in double-posting in that case. :B

I'll add Pikachu to the list too. I'll do Prehistoric Bagon next and then move on to Kai's and Mewtwo's requests. I'm totally stumped on what to do with Shelgon so I'm skipping it for now.

Sandslash? Like, the prickly parts?
Hmm, maybe...

prehistoric_bagon.png
prehistoric_bagon_s.png

Maybe in a few more million years its head will be as large and as steel-tempered as we now know it.

Got some of the Eevee line done.

prehistoric_eevee.png
prehistoric_eevee_s.png

Very foxlike, and not domesticated=not cute, with longer legs better suited for the wilderness.

prehistoric_vaporeon.png
prehistoric_vaporeon_s.png

I really like this pose, but it's kinda hard to make the face look longer from that angle.

I'll do Flareon next, I have a good idea of what to do with that, but I'm not sure what to do for Jolteon.

Thank you! c:

Flareon done.
prehistoric_flareon.png
prehistoric_flareon_s.png

No matter what the Pokedex says, that giant fluffy fur doesn't make sense to me for an animal that lives in very hot environments. Their fluffy manes of the future are probably more of a result of domestication.

Still no idea what to do to Jolteon, so for now it'll probably one of the last ones I do. I'll go ahead and do the not-Kanto ones.

Back
Top Bottom