• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Café of Doom

Re: The Café of Doom

So, of course, we all know about Czechoslovakia, that one country formed from the Austro-Hungarian Empire after World War I. You likely also know about the Velvet Divorce, where the Czechs and the Slovaks peacefully broke their country into two pieces: the Czech Republic and Slovakia. However, something doesn't quite add up here. Let's take a closer look at the name Czechoslovakia. After it broke up, the Czechs took the "Czech" out of the name to make the Czech Republic, while the Slovaks took "Slovakia" out to form Slovakia. But there's that one "o" that separates the two in Czechoslovakia that, after 1993, simply ceased to be. Where did it come from? Where is it now? Is there a secret nationality of O's, or Oian people waiting for their opportunity to strike and ambush another unwitting European country in order to take their land and form their own nation?? If you fund my Kickstarter...

So, of course, we all know about Czechoslovakia, that one country formed from the Austro-Hungarian Empire after World War I. You likely also know about the Velvet Divorce, where the Czechs and the Slovaks peacefully broke their country into two pieces: the Czech Republic and Slovakia. However, something doesn't quite add up here. Let's take a closer look at the name Czechoslovakia. After it broke up, the Czechs took the "Czech" out of the name to make the Czech Republic, while the Slovaks took "Slovakia" out to form Slovakia. But there's that one "o" that separates the two in Czechoslovakia that, after 1993, simply ceased to be. Where did it come from? Where is it now? Is there a secret nationality of O's, or Oian people waiting for their opportunity to strike and ambush another unwitting European country in order to take their land and form their own nation?? If you fund my Kickstarter...

this is actually really funny and i appreciate this post

Honestly the o can be considered a part of the Czech name. "Czechoslovakia" is "Československo" in both Czech and Slovak, and Czechia itself is "Česko". So the "o" went to the Czech Republic. Mystery solved.

A better question is where did the dash in Czecho-Slovakia go? Read all about the Hyphen war: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyphen_War

I've been reading about various apocalypse myths.

Now I want something along the lines of the Norse "Ragnarok" to fucking happen. Because I would LOVE to watch the world burn!

Also, I've been craving KFC. I don't remember the last time I had it, (probably before I joined this site), but whatever. Also, their Twitter only follows the former Spice Girls and random dudes name Herb, which is clever as fuck!

Last edited:

I've been reading random stuff about Pokemon today.

And now...I feel like adding more pokemon images to my pinterest pokemon album sometime soon xD

Also I was mega into my playstation 2 yesterday. I found Star Sweep to be rather Pokemon-ish for a puzzle game as a whole, too. I REALLY LIKE the music in that little game....so cute.....>w<;;;

I think we need to go back to the old internet. An internet without tracking, website obesity, bots and suspicious election interference. I need to develop at least a repository of bits of the "old internet" that are still hanging around. Anyone remember PokeGods? That was the shiz from the old internet. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

I think we need to go back to the old internet. An internet without tracking, website obesity, bots and suspicious election interference. I need to develop at least a repository of bits of the "old internet" that are still hanging around. Anyone remember PokeGods? That was the shiz from the old internet. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

Nostalgia is awesome <3 Its part of why i'm still a huge pokemon fan (as well as korrina).

I remember the PokeGods :) I used to laugh so much about YOSHI FROM MARIO being one of them xDDDD

The oddest thing happened recently: I was at an awards ceremony for Science Olympiad, and at one point, they called up a MacDonald Middle School to come get a medal. The last thing I remember after that was looking at my friend with wide eyes and screaming "MAGDONAL QUODR POUNDR" before blacking out. Has anyone else been having this issue?

just realized you can't spell rowlet without owl. mind is fucking blown rn.

Stryke, I ... I have been enlightened by your words. I have decided to join the Owlian religion.

Back
Top Bottom