• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forums Open

There shouldn't be any sig limit because the reason some people joined is because they can actually fit some dragon eggs in and other things without it exceed the limit.

When people are having to adblock or turn off signatures to keep people like you happy then it's a problem. I like keep signatures on but some people take the piss.

^Yes, but when you're scrolling down, you can get caught in a bunch of oversized sigs before you reach your destination. Other than that, I don't have an opinion on this particualar subject.

Also, it looks like utter shit. I mean, come on. Take Shadow Lucario's sig: it's crowded, messy, the banners clash with each other and it's irritating to have to scroll down it all when you just wanted to read the next damn post. D:

Why can people not be happy with one image and a bit of irreverent text? And who needs those bloody dragon eggs/Pokepets? They just look stupid and kiddy.

Furthermore, practically every other forum I visit has, to one degree or another, limits on sig heights and images. Most consider a 500x200 banner with a bit of text at the bottom to be more than sufficient. In fact, some don't even allow sigs at all! Think on that, eh?

^Yes, but when you're scrolling down, you can get caught in a bunch of oversized sigs before you reach your destination. Other than that, I don't have an opinion on this particualar subject.

On my computer, there's two separate scroll bars, one for the signatre and one for scrolling down the page.
I thought everyone had that..

Mine does too, but I suppose it depends on what browser you're using. Because when my browser messed up for two days and I was forced to use another, there were no sig scrollbars. But this isn't the place to discuss web browsers, now is it?

Mine has two, yes. But when one scrolls down the main one, it quite often gets stuck on the sig scrollbar and one has to scroll down THAT one before one can continue. It's irritating.

Furthermore, it causes the page to load slower, although TCoD always seems to load slowly anyway. :/

Hmmm, I've been wondering for a while now if there was a hack on the old forums where you could hide your post count. That'd be something I'd like to have back... Or if it wasn't there in the old forums, it'd be something nice to have.

Back
Top Bottom