• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Sword and Shield Choice Pokéresistance

Re: Sword and Shield Choice Pokéresistance

I voted to accept for the information - if Chem failed the mission I'd know that Stryke was resistance, and if Chem succeeded, we'd still get a point no matter his alignment.

anyway despite all that i. guess i could go for me/bfree/keldeo/stryke. uneasy about it but worst case is i become reasonably certain that stryke is indeed scum so eh w/e might as well go for it i guess?

Yeah, I'm sort of feeling like rejecting Panini's team, seeing what Chem puts on the table, and then if it's still this mission when it gets to me, putting forward myself/qva/Butterfree/Stryke.

Okay well

let me figure out what I wanna do and reread before I pick out anything because I'm basically in this situation:

oh wait panini and chem pick next fuuuuuuuck

i feel like we're going to have to, like, reject the next two proposals and just go with whatever keldeo says (because if we reject keldeo too we lose), because i'm going to want to reject panini/chem's teams out of principle fffffff

But like,, the opposite since I know Keldeo's team is going to have a spy in it, so if you guys deny me here I basically have to submit myself to the whim of whatever chem wants (not that I think Chem is partners with Keldeo because their interactions don't really seem to line up that way but if we disagree on who should be sent then RIP)

TBH I’m just getting kind of disheartened by this game because I realise I haven’t been as active or involved as Keldeo has, so I’m not sure how to bridge the gap in understanding that will get whichever one out of Bfree/qva is resistance to realise Keldeo is the spy and you need to send me. Keldeo’s spent this entire game manipulating who is being sent and who is staying behind whereas I’ve been lost for like, most of this and yet I’m still somehow coming off as the one who has an agenda

Just like qva mentioned she’s trying to solve this game off of me, I’ve been trying to solve this game off of Keldeo but the main difference there is that I have the solid info.

I feel like Stryke at this point is firmly not w/w Keldeo. Looking back at Keldeo’s interaction with Stryke during the second phase to me is really clear in that Stryke didn’t have a clear idea of the situation, which he should have if probably if he were paying attention to what the first round implied. The initial like, proposal of a team that doesn’t include him makes me also think he might have just genuinely been not tracking the numbers at that point and I think he would be more likely to do that if he was a spy.

Chem is also kind of unlikely to be w/w with Keldeo I think, on the basis that Keldeo wanted to push him as my partner from the start of phase 2. I think Keldeo also wouldn’t send P#28 if they were teamed.

Chemist not giving an opinion on the conflict and sticking to math is noted and stuff. I don't know what it makes him.

Chemist, who do you think is more likely Team Yell between me and Panini?

imo, Butterfree, you should send you/Stryke/qva, or you/Chemist/qva? Keep in mind Team Yell only need two more failures to win...

It feels too like, casual shaded? I just think “I don’t know what it makes him” draws too much attention to the fact that Keldeo isn’t actually picking a stance here and that he’s being more self-aware about that if they were partners.

So then I’m really only left with Butterfree/qva.

I keep going back to the thing at the top of the game since that was a direct interaction between me/keldeo/qva but I still don’t know if there’s a best way to interpret it. The possibilities are just:

Keldeo picked qva because they are spies who were going to throw successes, qva signalled this by announcing to the thread that spies in the first round always throw success → I ask Keldeo to change and he appeases me by resolving to just get a first failure on the board and make me look bad for asking

Keldeo picked qva because he was always going to throw a fail anyway → Switching to me to throw that failure makes no difference to him AND still makes me look worse because I asked.

But there’s some evidence to both. qva saying specifically to Keldeo that spies throw successes first round, combined with Keldeo’s chat about “having someone to trust” supports the first option. Whereas to the second point, I do think it’s perhaps more likely for Keldeo to pick to fail if he thinks that Butterfree will follow up with another failure (which ultimately didn’t happen, but I wonder if maybe it crossed his mind and there was sme sort of miscommunication?) This also makes sense with his idea that he should pick someone later in the list because there’s “more time before they show up again” if he’s just trying to explain why he wouldn’t pick Butterfree, since she’s directly after him and he doesn’t want the w/w team.

so

like idk

Mission 3, Circhester - Proposal 1 (Stryke, Butterfree, qva, Keldeo):
Accept: Keldeo, Butterfree, Stryke
Reject: qva, Panini, Chemist1422
Mission 3, Circhester - Proposal 2 (Chemist1422, Butterfree, qva, Keldeo):
Accept: Keldeo, qva, Chemist1422
Reject: Butterfree, Stryke, Panini

On a whim I guess I’m going to set it to Me/Chem/Stryke/qva.

Looking at the other days I think maybe the reason why Butterfree is spyreading Chem lately is because she wants us to push for the 5th reject vote to fall right back into Keldeo’s hands. It was obvious during stryke’s pick phase that qva was setting up to reject Stryke’s proposal, so by leaning the other way, Butterfree gets excuses to deny the next 3 proposals in a row and I feel like she would have made it more obvious that she was going to deny a team with Chem on it last phase if she didn’t have ulterioir motives.

I also just feel like this:

i feel like we're going to have to, like, reject the next two proposals and just go with whatever keldeo says (because if we reject keldeo too we lose), because i'm going to want to reject panini/chem's teams out of principle fffffff

Way more natural and organic way of saying “I’m gonna reject chem” than this:

Oh?

I rejected because my money was fairly firmly on Panini/Chemist as the scumteam. Stryke's flailing just feels probably genuine to me, and Chemist's posts in-game yesterday didn't really help, as they were just kind of vague and obtuse and not answering questions. I would really rather send Stryke than Chemist, if it's at all possible to get a consensus on that team. (But if not, I accept I could be wrong. I'm not going to, like, keep us in a stalemate forever.)

Team Proposal Phase 3-3 has ended. Mission Phase 3 begins now, and will end at 11:59 PM EST (GMT-5) on Tuesday, January 21st.

Mission Leader Panini's proposed team for Mission 3 is Panini, Chemist1422, Stryke and qva.

All players, please send me a PM containing either "Accept" or "Reject" by the phase deadline.

Panini, Chemist1422, Stryke and qva also include either "Succeed" or "Fail" in your PMs to me.

(Sorry for the delay! Thanks, surprise tedious work stuff.)

Mission 3, Circhester - Proposal 3 (Panini, Chemist1422, Stryke, qva):
Accept: qva, Chemist1422, Stryke, Panini
Reject: Butterfree, Keldeo

Panini, Chemist1422, Stryke and qva proceed to the Circhester Gym Mission!​

Snow swirls through the frosty air all over Circhester, and the stadium, the trainers find, offers no respite. Just beyond the referee they can see the stadium's mission fields totally blanketed in white. Down near the end, the third leg of the test is impossible to make out at all for the blizzard howling around it. But what's a little weather to a group of champions-to-be? They've got their winter clothes, their Pokémon are raring to go, and so Trap Detectors in hand they set off for their trial, marching boldly--well, gingerly, on account of the traps and all--into the fields of snow.

The going is slow, as expected, but it doesn't take long for each team to hit their stride. With all of Falinks's troopers fanning out around their trainer, they can sense where the snowy ground starts to feel loose before their partner puts too much weight on it. (The brass might occasionally have admonish the trooper who keeps taking one step too far and tumbling down into the holes as a little crested snowball, but at least most of them are managing to stay upright.) Sirfetch'd all but ignores her trainer's attempts to find the path with the Trap Detector, taking it upon herself to stab away at the floor and reveal each treacherous trap by her own heroics.

Meowth, well, she's probably not helping perched up on her trainer's shoulders as she is, but by George if she's not having a great time regardless. The bracing cold! Forging a dangerous path through the uncaring elements, with glorious battle awaiting them at the end! This sort of adventure is what Galarian Meowth are born for! And as she directs her noble steed onward toward the blizzard and the third stage of the mission, her good mood is certainly infectious.

Meowth's trainer takes one step out into the snow and plummets through the ground immediately.

The other teams look up, nervous, the spectacular crash even managing to catch Ponyta's attention as he bounces playfully in and out of the snowdrifts. A hole right in front of the starting platform? That doesn't seem right...

As meowth's trainer climbs out and the others squeeze awkwardly around the hole blocking their path, their Trap Detectors go off without warning, vibrating so violently that it makes their hands sting, pulling in every direction and then some.

Meowth and her trainer take one step to the left and promptly fall into another hole.

The last stage of any gym mission is meant to be the most challenging, of course, but there's no way any challenger could be expected to cross a field that's 95% holes. 96%, even, as confirmed when a hopelessly confused gym trainer hurries forward to help Sirfetch'd and her trainer out of a pit only to have the snow give way underneath her mid-apology. Gym Leader Melony herself, hurrying out to check on the commotion with her son right behind her, steps out just in time for the whole third tier to collapse in a crashing avalanche of white; Gordie only just manages to grab her hand before she takes a nasty spill of her own.

The Circhester Stadium is forced to close. There's no way around it. Snow needs shoveling, the floor needs extensive shoring up, mysterious diglett and drilbur tunnels that most certainly were not there last night at closing need filling in, the property inspector has to be called, it's a whole thing. It might be days, maybe even weeks before the investigation's over and the challengers can get back to challenging, and the trainers' previously high spirits are falling about as fast as their tumbles through the snow. Why does this sort of misfortune always seem to follow them?

Well, Team Yell's got to make up for lost time somehow, eh? But if these jokers think that was a show, the hidden grunts assure one another, they won't know what hit 'em if they dare set foot in Team Yell's home turf...

Mission 3 Results: SUCCEED, SUCCEED, SUCCEED, FAIL

Mission 3 has failed. Current score: Challengers 1 | Team Yell 2

Team Proposal Phase 4-1 begins now, and will end at 11:59 PM EST (GMT-5) on Monday, January 27th.

Mission 4 requires three team members to proceed. The current Mission Leader, Chemist1422, must provide a final list of three player names by the phase deadline.

i feel like i had a reason for approving that but literally do not remember it at all

i wonder if it's panini + bfree tbh

spicy

so that makes bfree confirmed resistance right

spicy

so that makes bfree confirmed resistance right

Only if you assume Panini is Resistance, which you still haven't explained?

I have more to say but it's probably gonna have to wait until Sunday/Monday.

oh wait right I’m dumb

nvm

Well, I dunno. I still think it's probably most likely Chem/Panini for Chem's underexplained turn on me and general disinterest in explaining his ideas? The margin for error is really slim now that there was another failure, though. :(

qva, can you tell me about Panini + Butterfree? Is it like, you think Panini wouldn't send her partner? I feel like if the team is Panini/Stryke or Panini/Chemist and was outed by a double failure on this mission, that wouldn't really help anything, since I'm already fairly resistance-reading Butterfree.

If people need me to explain myself being resistance I can do that... I could probably do most of what I have been doing if I were a spy, including pushing the idea that I'm resistance, but I think it's probably evident that I don't know who's a spy, that I don't really have any viable partners, and that I care more than Panini about solving the game and building trust, so.

Will probably send myself, qva, and Butterfree or something if/when this mission gets to me, since we need a 100% pure team.

I need a bit of time to handle some stuff, and it feels like maybe you guys could use a bit more time to discuss, so I'm going to shift the phase deadline back a few days. Phase deadline extended to Thursday, January 30th at 11:59PM EST.

Keldeo/Stryke
Keldeo/Qva
Panini/Butterfree
Panini/Stryke
Panini/Qva

these are the possibilities left

qva, can you tell me about Panini + Butterfree? Is it like, you think Panini wouldn't send her partner? I feel like if the team is Panini/Stryke or Panini/Chemist and was outed by a double failure on this mission, that wouldn't really help anything, since I'm already fairly resistance-reading Butterfree.
i just don’t think a spy would place both spies on a team together. there’s too much room for it to go wrong—if you both vote fail that’s bad, if you both vote success that’s bad, and if you get caught trying to communicate to your partner which to pick that’s bad. it’s easiest just to include exactly one.

I think it's probably just Keldeo/qva and I was wrong about Butterfree. Like

Mission 3, Circhester - Proposal 3 (Panini, Chemist1422, Stryke, qva):
Accept: qva, Chemist1422, Stryke, Panini
Reject: Butterfree, Keldeo

Panini, Chemist1422, Stryke and qva proceed to the Circhester Gym Mission!​

Her vote here to accept contradicts directly w her reads and plan to skip me and Chem and go straight to Keldeo, but since I put her in my team that was an easy opp to throw a fail and then blame it on me, since both of them are scum reading me rn anyway. Keldeo's pick coming up soon probably solidifies the benefits of that too.

Chem, who are you thinking of sending?

Btw

I do care about solving the game and building trust :/
I'm having a hard time sticking to this one because these phases are a lot longer than I'm used to (which is totally fine!) but I don't have as much momentum as I would a normal game and it feels like I'm improving my part in this anyway

Because I think I'm maybe running up against a wall trying to treat it like mafia

but I'm not sure how I should be treating it instead

I've said why it doesn't make sense that I would send both myself and qva first and repeatedly push to send both myself and qva on future missions.

i just don’t think a spy would place both spies on a team together. there’s too much room for it to go wrong—if you both vote fail that’s bad, if you both vote success that’s bad, and if you get caught trying to communicate to your partner which to pick that’s bad. it’s easiest just to include exactly one.

I don't think it would be bad in this case for Panini and a non-Butterfree partner to both vote fail, is what I mean, I guess.

What do you make of Butterfree pushing back against Panini's argument for me to change the team of you/me on the very first mission phase, then?

Anyway, I'll ~agenda push~ for a second. Chem's proposal will probably include Panini. Please don't accept this proposal - if a proposal with Panini goes through here, we will lose!

If you think I'm more likely to be a spy than Panini, let's talk about it now. Justify how and why I would do what I've done so far as a spy, come up with a partner for me who makes any sense.

(The reason I'm reading Chemist as most likely Panini's partner is that he has done neither of these things and just posted a bunch of Objective Information, which makes me inclined to think his suspicion of me is fabricated / not genuine.)

Also, happy birthday Kratos!

One more phase extension to 11:59PM EST on January 31st so we can get a proposed team in. Otherwise I guess we'll just treat this as an automatic rejection and move to the next mission leader.

did it sorry

if you need to get my attention again I’m Chemist1422#3869 on discord, or you can get eifie or someone to bother me on MU

Back
Top Bottom