• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

age of empires/mythology/whatever

Abufi

no sir i don't like it
so uh who plays age of empires 1/2/3 or age of mythology? i think that's all the games in the series but i dunno v_v i currently only own age of mythology but i think it's absolutely awesome. it' probably my favorite pc game now. i t came wiht the titans expansion, which is awesome because having a titan makes it /so much easier./ what civilizations do you guys usually play as? o.o i'm usually the greeks or the atlanteans. i'm occasionally the norse, but i just don't really get how to use the egyptians.

i also downloaded the trial of age oif empires 2: the age of kings, which also seems pretty good. the random map that you can play is a little hard for me, though, since the green team won't ally with me no matter how many resources i tribute to them. so, yeah! who here plays 'em?

the byzantines are cooler in aoe2

played 1 and 2 pretty extensively, fucked around a bit in mythology but didnt like that one and not played 3

I play AOE 1 and 2. I liked the Turks and the Teutons, Janissaries (or however you spell it) and Teutonic Knights FTW!.
I don't like the look of AOE 3 at all.

I never have the patience to play an entire game anymore. I always end up 'how do you turn this on'ing or 'photon man'ing.

I have AoE1 and 2. I'm in absolute love with the Celts. Obviously. Scotland FTW!

Hey! Wales, Ireland, Cornwall and Brittany are Celtic too!

EDIT: What exactly are Woad Raiders anyway?

Indeed they are. I was merely pointing out how some of them were Scottish and, having a Scottish family, I should therefore like them for that reason.

Age of Empires: Never played.
Age of Empires II: Chinese, Franks, Goths, Koreans
Age of Mythology: Atlanteans
Age of Empires III: Chinese, Portuguese

Not the biggest fan of the series, though.

I really like making my own maps on AOE 2, the triggers are fun to mess around with. I made some custom campaigns, including a Lord of the Rings one, a Stargate one, a Harry Potter one and one with a random made up story.

They were terrible, but still fun to make.

What's the point of a trade workshop that you can place in the scenario editor? It's a building that doesn't do anything.

I know they're flying because the cheat is 'flying Dutchman', but I like to think of it as sailing over land.

Age of Mythology was okay but AoE2 has a special place in my heart because it was pretty much the first computer game I ever played extensively.

I changed over time but I was usually the Britons, Japanese or Mayans. Elite war elephants were beasts

Age of Mythology is my favourite, I particularly like how they rendered Nidhogg, but it's a shame there weren't many other dragons and no unicorns. Plus I would have loved to see some Chinese/Japanese Mythology in there too.
But I love Anubites. =3

As for the others, I've only played one and two, don't like the look of three. I used to love being the Huns in two.

I own all the Age of Empires.
I don't play AoE 1 much... In AoE 2 I usually play as the Byzantines. Defense is the greatest...defense.
In AoE 3 I often play as either France, Germany, or Spain. Since I'm not as good at it I play it less often. That game causes me to often give up in frustration...

Back
Top Bottom