• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

G/S/C Internal battery?

Autumn

bye
Pronoun
she
Yeah, so I picked up my Crystal version for the first time in something like a year to see if I could beat the Elite Four even though I had failed so badly last time. Upon turning it on, the game asked me to reset the time... isn't that like the first sign of the battery going dry? The day was one day behind, and the hour was exactly one hour ahead (I hadn't played since Daylight Savings, I don't think... maybe it was longer than a year). I'm wondering if it was just a confirmation because I hadn't played the game in so long or really a sign of the battery going dry. If it is indeed the battery, is there anything I can do to fix it? (I think I heard somewhere that you can take it to a watchmaker shop and they can fix the battery or something, and it makes some sense, but...)

... I don't want my Crystal to die before I'd ever completed it. D:

I'm not so sure about wheather or not those are signs, but I do know that if you replace the battery it'll delete your current save file, so be careful if you're considering that. :/

Eh, I was planning to start over anyway because I just realized what crap my file is, so...
... wait but how would I go about replacing the battery? D:

Hmm... well, I just tried saving the game in a different spot (after resetting the clock) and turning off/back on to see if the game had stopped saving. The clock was fixed and I was in the new spot I was in. Whew.

... Hey, could the internal battery be replaced even if it isn't dead? I'm just really paranoid that the game will die on me when I'm in the middle of a really nice file or something D:

The same thing happened to me when I dug up my Gold yesterday. All I had to do was save and reset, and the time was fixed.

I can't help you on your paranoia, though. If I were you, just cool down... and put your game in an SP and keep it charging forever.

You can replace the battery yourself, as it's a standard sort of watch battery Just Google it.

However, you will need some soldering skills. Or someone with said skills.

Good luck.

That really is annoying. That happened to my gold but I used my sisters silver which she hardly ever used. If it comes to it you may have to get it out and use your soldering skills.

I don't /have/ soldering skills. Nobody in my family does... to my knowledge.

I looked up "pokemon crystal replacing internal battery" on Google, and found a guide that says I could take it to an electronics store and have them fix the battery.

And no way am I keeping my SP charging forever D:

Well, I picked up Gold and Crystal for the first time in like 6 years, a few months ago. Sure enough, the internal save battery had gone dead. My save files were gone, and I couldn't save after that. What I did was I went to Radio Shack and bought two new batteries. Then I used a pair of tweezers to open up the cartridges and slowly pull out the dead batteries (they're glued to a pair of metal slabs in order to complete a circuit, so you have to work at it to pull them off). Then I put in the new batteries, being careful to remember which way they go. As long as the batteries are touching both sides of the metal slabs, they'll complete the circuit, so make sure that when they go back in, that there's enough pressure on them that they stay connected even when shaken.

I can now save again ;) If you have more questions, just ask

So my dad and I went out today to get the game fixed, and we got a battery from Radio Shack and then left the game with a jeweler to fix. We came back an hour later and he hadn't fixed it... he said the game was in too tightly (or something similar) to take the battery out without the possibility of ruining the game. We gave him something to Google that would bring up some instructions for fixing the battery, but... at the cost of not getting it back until Tuesday.

... oh well...

It'll be very difficult to replace the battery without resetting the save game. If you're worried about your pokémon, you might want to transfer them to a different game while you can.

It'll be very difficult to replace the battery without resetting the save game. If you're worried about your pokémon, you might want to transfer them to a different game while you can.

Oh, I was going to start the game over anyway, and since I was worried that the resetting-the-clock thing might be a symptom of the battery going dead, I figured I'd replace it and then have a nice fresh battery for a nice new game where I won't get owned by the E4. :D

Well, I might suggest you replace it yourself, to make sure it's done right. If you let them do it without watching them, you won't know if they did it right. However, it's a real pain to get the cartridge open in the first place...

Well, I might suggest you replace it yourself, to make sure it's done right. If you let them do it without watching them, you won't know if they did it right. However, it's a real pain to get the cartridge open in the first place...

My dad gave the jeweler the thing to Google so that he can find the tutorials for do-it-yourself game fixing.

Besides, he already has the game, so I can't exactly do it myself if I don't even have the game :S

You know what? My Sapphire battery died and I can still play it >.> But maybe the batteries are different for G/S/C? Arg I miss my Crystal, but the computer with the ROM is gone... ;-;

Don't the berries stop growing?

Can GBA game internal batteries even fail in the first place, unless you've played them for, let's say, 20 years?

Not only that, but time stops, causing all time-related events to... not work. The save file isn't deleted, however.

I don't know how long it takes for GBA internal batteries to run out.

Last time I went to a Nintendo place, they said they couldn't change the battery for G/S/C...

Not only that, but time stops, causing all time-related events to... not work. The save file isn't deleted, however.
That's what happens when you play R/S for a year. Fixable by connecting to an Emerald version.
Last time I went to a Nintendo place, they said they couldn't change the battery for G/S/C...

Well nobody ever said changing the battery was officially encouraged.

Back
Top Bottom