• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Why don't you post much?

Murkrow

Says "also" and "or something" a lot
Pronoun
he
I had a hard time thinking of a title that wasn't passive-aggressive but oh well.

Basically I'm thinking of the Activity Pit of Doom and was wondering why people don't post in the first place. I know this is a weird thread to make because I assume most people who don't post don't even visit the forums at all, and if they don't post anyway they might not post in this thread.

Well anyway, for me, I probably would post more if there were more threads to post in or more discussions had!

I honestly don't post much because I'm super self-conscious and usually don't have much to say.

I've been very busy lately and I rarely have anything to say that hasn't already been said.

I make a lot of posts and then before hitting the post button I decide not to because they're out of line with the thread topic or are something I don't want to share.

There are a lot of threads I've come very close to posting in but then thought "No, it would be inappropriate for me to post this" or "there's no reason to post this" and then didn't.

As nice as it would be to have places (I say places because, in my time on the internet, several sites and places I've been have slowly fallen to nothing) become active again, for me personally with TCoD, I don't really feel like I have a lot in common with people on the site anymore - and I don't say that because I think the people here are bad, or that I am bad and we don't get along or something; I mean it more like... as pleasant as people are, I don't personally have masses of reason to talk to the majority of people here, and I don't necessarily 'fit in' with most. (Obviously I will still pop in and say hi to those I want to keep in touch with!)

I just think that a lot of people here have now grown up and owing to our different offline lives, we've all grown apart from each other, and that isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's sad that the activity is getting still but, on the other hand it does leave room for other good things to fill the space which TCoD once occupied. :-)

Obviously, if you wanted to see the place more alive then, be more alive! (Though I see some people have been saying they make an effort). Fresh faces would always be welcome, I guess, so if you wanted to see more vocal users then maybe those new members who have new contributions to make would be a good addition? Then again I think the 'invite friends to TCoD' option may also have been a bit exhausted. :p

I just think that a lot of people here have now grown up and owing to our different offline lives, we've all grown apart from each other, and that isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's sad that the activity is getting still but, on the other hand it does leave room for other good things to fill the space which TCoD once occupied. :-)

Heh, it's funny, I actually have started getting along with people here a lot more since they starting growing up and having cool new offline lives. Now everyone's doing different interesting things! Wow, when I met a lot of people here, they were just out of high school (gross). That's like, a million worlds away, man.

Darn! Worlds isn't time, it measures distance!

I only check this place every now and then out of habit mostly. Been here so long it's weird to let it go.

Heh, it's funny, I actually have started getting along with people here a lot more since they starting growing up and having cool new offline lives. Now everyone's doing different interesting things! Wow, when I met a lot of people here, they were just out of high school (gross). That's like, a million worlds away, man.

Haha, yeah I guess I could see that happening, but I guess for me in the past I was more reliant on the friendships which I had with people online than I am now, and now that I have people offline - as do others - they've just kinda fallen off of my own radar. I think it's great if you're finding the exact opposite though, and I wish I could say the same! :o

It's been by and large the same for me I think. I joined TCoD about a year before I graduated high school, and while I made friends easily enough, I think there was some pressure to fit in that came with being the new guy trying to break into the cool kids (this was, I believe, fairly early in the days of the in-forum ASB hack). I've been on a couple hiatuses since then and, well, the group I used to talk to the most has been banned, and the people I chum with now are a lot more casual and friendly. Also, the blazhy/Mai/res crowd was an absolute chore to keep up with, on their little side forums they would frequently have postcount-boosting contests and if I left my laptop alone for five minutes I'd have SO MUCH to read through that it just became exhausting.

So I guess I don't post as much because I don't really feel that pressure to get myself out there anymore (most/all of you know at least my username by now, which is a bit surreal to realize). I'm happy to jump into new discussions when I find them, but I rarely will start one of my own. I do try to semi-frequent the chatroom when I get the chance

It's been by and large the same for me I think. I joined TCoD about a year before I graduated high school, and while I made friends easily enough, I think there was some pressure to fit in that came with being the new guy trying to break into the cool kids (this was, I believe, fairly early in the days of the in-forum ASB hack). I've been on a couple hiatuses since then and, well, the group I used to talk to the most has been banned, and the people I chum with now are a lot more casual and friendly. Also, the blazhy/Mai/res crowd was an absolute chore to keep up with, on their little side forums they would frequently have postcount-boosting contests and if I left my laptop alone for five minutes I'd have SO MUCH to read through that it just became exhausting.

So I guess I don't post as much because I don't really feel that pressure to get myself out there anymore (most/all of you know at least my username by now, which is a bit surreal to realize). I'm happy to jump into new discussions when I find them, but I rarely will start one of my own. I do try to semi-frequent the chatroom when I get the chance

It's especially cool because a new group of tcodf people are going to college this year and I can read all their posts about it and live vicariously through them! Excellent, excellent.

Well, I do think the ASB has helped get people together again, and while we enjoy each other's company through a brilliant RPG, we still find some things in common and get to develop new friendships, sometimes even offlines friendships, and sometimes not, and it's fine. It's this very unique and cool type of friendship, it's like: hey they're my bunch of online friends with whom I play some badass ASB and share witty comments and try and organize something we like invented

it's p. awesome

I forget this place exists from time to time.

Then I come here and I'm like, aw yea, this is a place, and I post for like four seconds and then I forget again. Charming, I know.

Back
Top Bottom