• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

If Wishes Were Real

Wait, though- If we're still going with the assumption that each wish transports the user to an alternate reality so it only affects their consciousness, how would they be aware of what the other wishes of those in that reality were, or how it would change that specific reality?

I honestly think this would cause some causality problems if it were the system. Is each wish responsible for the creation of every other wish that follows, if they all appear in this alternate universe? Forget the math, just finding the start point would be hard. And what if someone were stupid enough to wish they were in an alternate universe, or if every alternate universe merged? Imagine all the paradoxes!

Exactly. That's why I think the system where a person's mind is transported to a different alternate universe every time they wished would be far too impractical to work. All you'd need is one wrong wish, and the entire boiling mess would unravel to the point where things would likely cease to exist.

Or everything would turn Lovecraftian and surreal and people would be left permanently insane and gibbering as all those alternate thems slammed in at once. I can't decide which would be the better outcome, tbh, since they're both pretty awful.

If wishes were real, judging by the Internet's standards... Chuck Norris would be God of everything, mosquitoes would be extinct, Grumpy Cat would become President of the United States, Pokemon would be real, and Justin Bieber would cease to exist. I'm cool with all this, surprisingly...

Not just Pokémon. Also magic and Time Lords. And probably a lot of anime guys, who would each be maried to a whole bunch of fangirls.

a lot of anime guys, who would each be maried to a whole bunch of fangirls.

What about anime girls? I'm sure there'd be lots of waifus.

The population would increase so fast due to this wishing that eventually someone will wish the world was a Minecraft world but without limits to how big it is caused by memory or floating point number precision or whatever.

Then there'd be enough room for everyone!
One thing I find myself thinking about in the shower often is if you lived in this kind of world, and there wasn't an upper speed limit/teleporters existed, how would nations work? They might try to take each other over but they can't take over the whole world because it's infinite. Would it turn into a "who can think of a the biggest number" competition to see who can capture land the fastest?

Back
Top Bottom