• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Format-- 3v3 single
DQ time-- 10 days
Damage Cap-- 35%
Banned Moves OHKOs and weather moves Restricted Moves 3 chills per pokemon
Arena Description-- white water rapids in the winter
The battle takes place near a river that is known for it's white water rapids. Now during the winter it moves slow enough to stand in. Every action a pokemon in the river has 20% chance of being hit by a ice block, and being delivered 10% ice damage. Pokemon can jump on the ice blocks, but after 2 rounds will be forced to get off to avoid drifting away from the battle.

my profile

1vs1
Style: Set
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Direct Recovery Moves, Weather Moves
Arena: Sandy Beach

Sandy Beach is usually a very populated area. However, it is the rainy season, and there is a typhoon. The shore has some trash on it, consisting of random glass bottles and planks of wood. There are many coconut trees lining the beach, and there are no buildings in the near vicinity. If you hadn't noticed, it's basically your average beach.

Note: This is my first battle XD Go easy on me. Well, you don't have to...
Weather moves aren't allowed because the typhoon is too strong. The
winds cause any attempted weather moves to fail. Also, pokemon that
are flying or levitating have a -3 in speed due to the strong winds. Rain
is always pouring. The glass bottles and planks of wood have a 20%
chance of injuring pokemon on the shore.

1vs1
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Direct Recovery Moves, Weather Moves
Arena: Sandy Beach

Sandy Beach is usually a very populated area. However, it is the rainy season, and there is a typhoon. The shore has some trash on it, consisting of random glass bottles and planks of wood. There are many coconut trees lining the beach, and there are no buildings in the near vicinity. If you hadn't noticed, it's basically your average beach.

Note: This is my first battle XD Go easy on me. Well, you don't have to...
Weather moves aren't allowed because the typhoon is too strong. The
winds cause any attempted weather moves to fail. Also, pokemon that
are flying or levitating have a -3 in speed due to the strong winds. Rain
is always pouring. The glass bottles and planks of wood have a 20%
chance of injuring pokemon on the shore.

Why not
Also I assume that the rain gives the standard rain boost

magical link to profile

Battle format: 1 vs 1 single

Banned moves: Anything but Metronome. Also 1-hit KO's are banned from being selected.
Arena: A boat
A normal, cruise-ship-sized rowboat that is in the middle of the ocean. Oh, yeah, and it's about 50 miles away from Antarctica.
Notes: Only Pokemon who can learn Metronome are allowed~
Profile~

Severus Snape

Because you never got a team approved, your battle against Captain Sea Turtle is invalid.

Severus Snape

Because you never got a team approved, your battle against Captain Sea Turtle is invalid.

Last edited:
Taking Metallica Fanboy vs Kam, because I will get back into reffing whether I like it or not and I vaguely remember promising MF a reffing because he took Dusky Bridge.

1vs1 single 1 pokemon max.
Style: Switch
DQ: A week.
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO
Arena: The Internet
a string of data is where the trainers start, but pokemon can jump to other strings of data.
10% chance that lag will occur and slow down a random pokemon.
15% chance that a spammer will appear and cause 5% typeless damage to a random pokemon.
10% chance that a flamer will appear and cause 7% fire type damage to a random pokemon.
10% chance that a troll will appear and cause 15% dark type damage to a random pokemon.
5% chance that a hacker will appear and halve a random Pokemon's health and energy.
10% chance that a mod will appear and ban a random pokemon from using the last attack it used.
10% that a random pokemon will get RickRoll'd and only be able to use attacking moves (taunt) and be confused.
24% chance that nothing will happen.
Additional Rules: the porygon family spends 1% less energy on attacks after all other modifiers have been applied and their attacks do 5% more damage after all other modifiers have been applied.

Can I take this challenge?

I need to do more work, and I guess my break isn't too far away... meh. Taking Mawile vs. Blazie and Skylark vs. demonickittens.

Format-- 3v3 single
DQ time-- 10 days
Damage Cap-- 35%
Banned Moves OHKOs and weather moves Restricted Moves 3 chills per pokemon
Arena Description-- white water rapids in the winter
The battle takes place near a river that is known for it's white water rapids. Now during the winter it moves slow enough to stand in. Every action a pokemon in the river has 20% chance of being hit by a ice block, and being delivered 10% ice damage. Pokemon can jump on the ice blocks, but after 2 rounds will be forced to get off to avoid drifting away from the battle.

my profile

I'm feeling challenge-happy, so I'll fill up all three of my slots. Have a profile~

Challenge type: 3v3 SINGLE
DQ Time: 1 week
Damage Cap: 30%
move Caps: No OHKO, 1 Direct heal per Pokemon.
Other Rules: the move Torment is always in effect to avoid move spamming, must have no evolved Pokemon.
My Profile: http://forums.dragonflycave.com/showpost.php?p=411135&postcount=208
Description of Arena: It's a simple muddy patch in the forest. My character is broke, he wouldn't have an arena. It last rained around a day ago.

I'm changing this to single battle to make this more likely to be accepted by a ref. Reposting to ensure Pichu Chris will accept the change.

Sorry to add to the overload of challenges, I want to be able to test out my new team sometime in the future. So, throwing this one out there:

2vs2 single
DQ: 10 days
Damage Cap: None
Banned Moves: OHKO's, weather moves, attract, pain split, destiny bond, perish song, leech seed, paralyzing moves (moves that can indirectly cause paralysis, like thunderbolt, are ok). Chills are limited to 2/pokémon, direct healing moves are banned. Indirect healing moves can be used, but they will only inflict damage and not heal any health.
Arena: The Garbage sea

Living up to its name, the garbage sea is what seems like an endless mass of filthy garbage, stretching as far as the eye can see. The foul stench given up by the reeking mass of waste has a 15% chance of completely overwhelming a battler, causing them to waste an action retching and struggling to regain control of themselves. This can only happen a total of three times to the same Pokémon, after that, the Pokémon gets used to the smell. This doesn't affect poison types, ghost types and robotic Pokémon like Porygon. Baby Pokémon have a higher chance of being affected by it. (up to the ref to decide how much)
The battle itself takes place on a huge metal platform, which is sturdy enough to hold a Pokémon of any weight. Railings surround the platform so nobody can fall off too easily, not unless they're thrown over. If a Pokémon lands in the garbage, it sustains moderate damage (up to the ref to judge) and is tossed roughly back onto the platform by a junkyard monster lurking in the rancid mess.
The sky overhead is gloomy and dark, but sheds enough light for the battlers to see by. It appears strangely resistant to any attempts to change it however.

My profile.

Last edited:
Sorry to add to the overload of challenges, I want to be able to test out my new team sometime in the future. So, throwing this one out there:

2vs2 single
DQ: 10 days
Damage Cap: None
Banned Moves: OHKO's, weather moves, attract, pain split, destiny bond, perish song, leech seed, paralyzing moves (moves that can indirectly cause paralysis, like thunderbolt, are ok). Chills are limited to 2/pokémon, direct healing moves are banned. Indirect healing moves can be used, but they will only inflict damage and not heal any health.
Arena: The Garbage sea

Living up to its name, the garbage sea is what seems like an endless mass of filthy garbage, stretching as far as the eye can see. The foul stench given up by the reeking mass of waste has a 15% chance of completely overwhelming a battler, causing them to waste an action retching and struggling to regain control of themselves. This can only happen a total of three times to the same Pokémon, after that, the Pokémon gets used to the smell. This doesn't affect poison types, ghost types and robotic Pokémon like Porygon. Baby Pokémon have a higher chance of being affected by it. (up to the ref to decide how much)
The battle itself takes place on a huge metal platform, which is sturdy enough to hold a Pokémon of any weight. Railings surround the platform so nobody can fall off too easily, not unless they're thrown over. If a Pokémon lands in the garbage, it sustains moderate damage (up to the ref to judge) and is tossed roughly back onto the platform by a junkyard monster lurking in the rancid mess.
The sky overhead is gloomy and dark, but sheds enough light for the battlers to see by. It appears strangely resistant to any attempts to change it however.

My profile.

Oh, why not? Been meaning to start another but haven't had the inclination to finish the arenas I've been working on, so! Profile.

(in the future, by the way, it's probably best if you don't put the challenge in quotes; quoted material gets lost if someone else quotes your post in turn.)

Challenge for FMC :3

2vs2 single
Set
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Moonlight, Earthquake
Arena: Lumentia Castle

Ah, the lovely Light kingdom (queendom?) of Lumentia. Unsurpassable in its beauty, even at night the flowers glow with a certain ethereal light, keeping all the land lit enough that Dark-types are few and far between. It is said that in this kingdom, it is impossible for an Eevee to evolve into Umbreon because the power of the sun imbues the land with its light. In the distance, the castle stands strong and tall, with lovely white marble bricks and black rooftops, and grand flags in cream with the Symbol of Light emblazoned on it.

Our battle takes place inside this lovely building. To the left and right of the main hall are bathrooms, guest rooms… you name it. There is a grandiose set of stairs in front of you when you walk in, leading up to the throne room, where the arena has been set up for you. The queen, Angel Vexzorn Lumentia, whom isn‘t very much older than seventeen, sits atop her throne to watch, with her two similarly-aged advisors to either side. There is a large chandelier above the arena, as well as two fountains to either side of the arena for Water-types. The long fancy carpet that usually leads up to the throne has been rolled away to make room.

Now, our young queen bores easily, so sometimes she likes to make things… interesting. As such, there is a 5% chance that she’ll pick up the bow next to her throne and fire at one of the battlers, causing 5% Psychic OR Electric damage (there is a 50% chance for each if she fires). There is, however, also a 5% chance that the advisor to her left (our right) will get worried and send off healing magic at a battler, restoring 5-10% of Health or Energy.

Other: Due to its status as the Light Kingdom, Dark-type moves are only half as effective as normal. Also, thanks to a buddy of mine for making the RP this is based on <3

What do you do when you live in a shoe and you ain't got no soul~

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom